How was your first day of Preliminary? (1 Viewer)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
simonloo said:
I accelereated Modern History. I'm glad I did. But for those who took it up last year, then dropped it, that was such a waste. They could've been bludging
Cool. Was it fun and enjoyable?

SoulSearcher said:
My school's had a program for accelerated maths students ever since one student asked to be accelerated a while back, so you should take the initiative if you don't know of an acceleration program running at your school. You never know, it might just happen ;)
Yeah, I hope so. Might ask teh deputy one day :)

mudcake42

HSC
I have ONE free in two weeks ... one! and an offline class as well! :O

It's robbery i reckon!

HSC
N/A
I wish I accelerated something before this year. Trying to do a distinction course in Year 12... is a bitch.

Telekinetik

ça m'a fait du bien
HSC
I don't know if I should be excited or depressed over the fact that my Legal class has only four students (including me).

HSC
N/A
Everyone who partakes Math is apparently accelerated at my school, or something like that.
First day was fine; people haven't changed, nor have their attitudes, for better or for worse - probably the latter. Lots of newbies, and Yr7's entered this year - not enough Asians in this batch of newbies, but if there were, they'd have to be the kind that cannot speak proper English, without an accent of some sort.
"Old habits never die", as stated by my friend; this is absolutely true - people are still the people they were; we're still pretentious, pseudo-elitist, scoffing snobs to those who we deem as inferior; however, in the presence of norms, we're no different.

Classes are alright. The only one that's decent would be English; also, there was a last-minute teacher change, so we don't have the teacher who taught the most successful class last year. Also, simonloo's in the class, so it's awesome.
I had something written up about my science classes, and my opinions, but yeah, stuff happens. Phys - best sci/Phy teacher (also Head of Dep.) in the school; however, class is not at all great. Sure, there's a couple respectable phys. students, but there are still bludgers; same for chem, and even more so for bio.

slowjam10

HSC
Today was my first real day, becuase yesterday was just for Peer Support with the newbies. We had to sit out on the gravel and listen to the principal blab on about our ecellent HSC results even though we're still not in the top 200..lol never have been

We got our timetables and i am so happy with all of my teachers i got mostly the subject co-ordinators or the ones that have heaps of experience or who are just nice.

For eng got the same tecaher as last yr who is also the co-ordinator he is such a great teacher who pushes you to achieve, but on the other hand everyone is scared shitless of him

i have people i know in every class except Modern History (onli 15 ppl) but the teacher is way cool he does uni lecturing and writes textbooks well he is a bit of a textbook.. i hope we never do group assignments :rofl:

FOOD TECH was the biggest bludge just did safety exam same test i have done three times......eg. if a blender is on should you put your hand in it...answer of course...:burn::eek::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

LEGAL was good same as my Commerce teacher from alst two yrs we got hw sigh.. but otherwise ok, But why are so many dumb arses doing it

and yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaay i get eight study periods a fortnight, because of the 2U Religion and Ext Eng

Omg i love not doing maths no more being degraded by having to sit in order of smartness and no more hours of hw wooot poor ppl suffering from maths, heaps of ppl i know are doing and hate it already

HSC
Bahh...I had my first day today...but no lessons, just an administration and get your timetable sort of day. Lessons start tomorrow. Argh. You guys are all lucky, I get NO free periods.

Evergreen

HSC
im already regretting choosing bio... i had a lesson and it was so boring. ill have to see though, maybe the pracs will be interesting and ecosystems doesnt really interest me...

James747

HSC
Life sucks when half your friends had left to an other skool.

:(

Still trying to settle in.

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
Kujah said:
Cool. Was it fun and enjoyable?

Yeah, I hope so. Might ask teh deputy one day :)
KUJAH: Yeah, Modern History was extreme, we did
1) Industrialisation in Britain
2) Russian Revolution
3) Decolonisation in Indochina
4) The League of Nations
5) The rise of America in the 1900s.
You'll also be taught a lot of sourcework analysis and extracting info from them and stuff. I reckon it was a demanding course, but rewarding and enjoyable if you have genuine interest and motivation.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Can't wait to do Germany next year, and the French and Russian revolution this year :) Modern's gonna be so cool

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
HAHA Indochina was the boring topic for year 12 for me. Everything else was good.

HSC pawns preliminary Modern History.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Can't wait for HSC Mod History ;)

Mabs

Meowmix
HSC
Pretty good really. I missed my first Physics lesson since it was first period though :(. Standard English was good (only 'cause i'm too smart for it. lol). 2U Maths wasn't so good.. I gotta go talk to the deputy about dropping Ext. Maths and possibly Philosophy. Ah well. That or I can drop IPT (I'm so bored of doing the same thing i've done previous years again and again.) but Maths Ext. Is going to be too hard + Before school, gah!

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
You have had what 1 or 2 days 3 max and you think this about your subjects hmmm wait at least 2 weeks before you will really know.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Hmmm maybe but...

Mabs said:
Pretty good really. Standard English was good (only 'cause i'm too smart for it. lol).
I don't think you can make this statement after one or two lessons a term, an assessment or year latter maybe but not within the first week.

HSC
Oohks, well today was my official first day of classes. It wasn't too bad. I have a tonne of paper however from all the syllabuses each teacher gave me. I love how simple General Maths is. I'm not going to stress and cry over how hard Maths is anymore this year, and for that I am completely grateful. My English text is cool, "The Crucible". I can't wait until my first Ext. English class tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)