How was your first day? (1 Viewer)

gella

HSC
Not bad.
Business Services seems like its gonna be good, cant wait for my work placement
Modern history, really interesting, plus I have my history teacher from last year whom I love
Extension english..we have a small class, and its a lot better. some of the girls piss me off though eh ahah
advanced eng..class is huuuuuge
thats all so far, not bad, just fairly annoyed i have to read two books and do one essay already

gella

HSC
That's insane.

The class with the most people in it for me is Chem and that only has about 20 people....
we have 33 in my advanced class. but i have a feeling that number will drop dramatically in the weeks to come..

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
haha stupid year 11's (i mean this in general)

you think u will get 90+ uai with the subjects you are doing, you do like the 4 easiest subjects the hsc offers

can you even apply for a uai with dance, music and entertainment?
are you an idiot or just ignorant? have you seen the dance outline and whats involved?

LeetSpeek

HSC
Mine was decent

English, Physics, Chem

We got the big introductory speech about year 11 and stuff and how expectations are gonna be higher. Pretty lame getting the same sermon 5 times in a day. oh well, senior school?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
umm, just prancing around in a skirt im guessing lol , well whatever you do it is not hard by any means.
Say what you want about HSC dance, id probably agree for the most part, but i do have a lot of respect for people who do hardcore ballet and such, that shit is intense.

SaschaJ

HSC
Hmmm so my first day. Could it have been any better? I mean, handing in a 7 page english assessment task after coming back from camp yesterday, what a treat!
It was hell. Not only that but as soon as I handed in my assessment, the teacher tells us she wants us to write an intergrated essay when we get home. Fat chance.

SaschaJ

HSC
umm, just prancing around in a skirt im guessing lol , well whatever you do it is not hard by any means.
If you are gonna trash dance as a subject I think you better also trash Art, Food Tech etc...

random-1005

Banned
HSC
If you are gonna trash dance as a subject I think you better also trash Art, Food Tech etc...
food tech has some cred. , its got like a little chemistry (very minute amount) like nutrition, and some business studies (in food product development) in it,

however i dnt consider art, music, entertainment, dance, business services, retail operations as subjects

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
food tech has some cred. , its got like a little chemistry (very minute amount) like nutrition, and some business studies (in food product development) in it,

however i dnt consider art, music, entertainment, dance, business services, retail operations as subjects
Im suprised that you don't consider art and music subjects, music especially, why?

SaschaJ

HSC

I would have to agree with you on all of them, minus music. You actually have to be talented...

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I would have to agree with you on all of them, minus music. You actually have to be talented...
Its interesting that you say that about Music and not Art, when your statement essentially applies to both.

random-1005

Banned
HSC
Im suprised that you don't consider art and music subjects, music especially, why?
ok, music can be excepted as a subject lol, but art is far to abstract, looking at paintings, and doing analysis, a bit like a repeat of what you do in english. and i know some people that do art, do no work and they always brag about getting 80%

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
ok, music can be excepted as a subject lol, but art is far to abstract, looking at paintings, and doing analysis, a bit like a repeat of what you do in english. and i know some people that do art, do no work and they always brag about getting 80%

If your talking about art critisim and theory, i completly agree. However with the art major work you really do have to work hard or you will be slaughtered, the calibre is so high.

random-1005

Banned
HSC
and as can be seen from my subjects i am more of a theorist, very logical subjects, not subjects where you can just write down whatever you like (subjects that involve interpretation)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)