How was your o-day? (1 Viewer)

green_fairy

mmm, absinthe
HSC
Hmmm yeah it was ok. Not all that exciting but the people that spoke to us seemed good. I think i came in with expectations based on what my friends at other uni's told me about their orientation day so i was waiting to be bombarded with free stuff and pestered to sign up to all these clubs but yeah no such luck.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
lol yeah that was fairly boring. i got there at 2:40ish, walked to the library for a tour at 3, met this guy, Darren or Darryl, i can't remember, but he was cool as. then i found out he was doing my course but part time, so i doubt i'll see him again.

so because i spent the whole time just walking round with him, i didnt speak to anyone else. Smart move Shelly.

so then we went our seperate wasy after checking out the Co-op shop, and i found the three rooms and lecture theatres that im in. then went home. funno.not

0Jade0

HSC
Mah. I felt so sick this morning. I am really bad meeting new people when I am by myself. Annnyway. I got there 45 minutes early. Followed randoms who led me in the wrong direction. I wasn't told anything that I didn't know.... The seats were annoying...ummmm. The library tour was the best bit.

tubtub

HSC
i was nervous and soooooooo lonely.......never catched a train to macarthur b4 (only city). when i got there i did a library tour. then i went to my lecture room for some talk bout my course.........man i was complete nigel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! everyone seemed to have friends doing the same course, so i sat by myself all through O day. and even worse, i realised there was no direct train from mac to city, so had to wait 30 mins to transfer..........:mad1:

HSC
shortygb said:
pretty ok, just a whole lot of introductions and soem information, want like i was expectign it to be like.

the head of our school flipped us off (mind you it was accedental, he was counting down points), we split into small gropus the head of my course was kinda lost trying to find the right room, then he got to a railing, tried to jump over it, hit the top of the railing and fell down instead...but other than that it was just all talk.
haha yeah he looked clumsy

It was terribly boring. No freebies. No jumping castle. Some guy next to me fell asleep and I could hear him snoring during the staff intros :uhoh: But it wasn't too bad, the "Swamp" cafeteria was the best part of the campus.

spillargroove

HSC
Most of my lessions are in the Lecture Theatre and in the Computer Rooms in Building BB (the enrollement building) probably and the rest is down the road at BJ (which should be very cool).

But inevitably, you wouldn't get to know everyone who does the same course would you, because of the different times you have chosen? I guess your new friends are the ones in the Tutorial classes.

leeyah

HSC
it was okay.................. the 2hr lecture was not needed. i spoke to like one person in my course & then ventured off to industrial design & spoke to people......

its going to be so lonelyy.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
I came late to the Laws lecture, and as i was walking up the stairs- i kinda tripped over. Thank god this was at the top of the stairs cos not many ppl saw. I also accidently kicked someones chair and got a dirty. Oh and these guys in my course were making George Bush impersonations- that was funny.

Angel45

HSC
kimi said:
I came late to the Laws lecture, and as i was walking up the stairs- i kinda tripped over. Thank god this was at the top of the stairs cos not many ppl saw. I also accidently kicked someones chair and got a dirty. Oh and these guys in my course were making George Bush impersonations- that was funny.
In our orientation we looked thru like a case .. got an idea of what we'd be doing in intro ...and ppl from the law association and from macarthur legal centre and a judge all spoke.. it went for ages.. did u guys do that?

get_born

orientation wasnt all that. But when i went to catch the bus home...im such an idiot. The bus was on the opp side of the road of where i was standing, and i thought that it was stopping there, but it was actually turning to my side. Anyways...my lost lil self ran on to the middle of the road infront of the bus because i was scared i was going to miss it. So there I am standing in te middle of the road and the bus driver waving his hands. For a second i was thinking that ppl are really friendly until I realised that the bus driver was actually shewing me off the road and directing me to stand at the bus stop. Then when I went to cross back i noticed that other students were standing at the bus stop...and then it was clear to me that i made the biggest fool of myself.:p :shy:

Kulazzi

HSC
omg, you poor thing! And you had to rush to get there so you won't miss it!!!

It was boring as. We had our lecture at 2, so we decided to meet up at around 1 to do the lib tour first. Then we found out that the lib tour was cancelled, so we were really, really pissed off :cool:. And then the lecture, that was not as interesting as I thought, a few humour shoved in here and there, otherwise it was crap as. No freebies or anything, it was like......dead.

The UWS staff need to get out more and find out what their competitors offer to their students (eg. UTS had a bbq and ice-cream plus all this free stuff!!!!! I went there with my older sister! like MAD!)

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
last_chance said:
orientation wasnt all that. But when i went to catch the bus home...im such an idiot. The bus was on the opp side of the road of where i was standing, and i thought that it was stopping there, but it was actually turning to my side. Anyways...my lost lil self ran on to the middle of the road infront of the bus because i was scared i was going to miss it. So there I am standing in te middle of the road and the bus driver waving his hands. For a second i was thinking that ppl are really friendly until I realised that the bus driver was actually shewing me off the road and directing me to stand at the bus stop. Then when I went to cross back i noticed that other students were standing at the bus stop...and then it was clear to me that i made the biggest fool of myself.:p :shy:
wow, that does seem like the scenario where you want to tie yourself under the bus to go home :D

id love to share my parra-O-Day (parody. hehe. i make joke:D) experience, if only i had showed up on time....

it was supposed to start at 11, so i left home at 10. an hour ahead for a 20 minute ride in the train. what could go wrong? well, the next train from auburn to clyde was in half an hour. "fair enough". the next train from clyde to rydlemere was in another half an hour. "okay i guess i will have to run from the station to the lecture". the train stops at clyde station for 25 minutes. "oh you gotta be joking! ill be lucky to get there before the proffessor says goodbye!". got off the train at rydlemere, then waited till a girl asked someone where uws actually was from there (so i didnt look like a freshman ;)) then sprinted (literally) up he flight of stairs to the uni. "well! i might just make it (the end of the lecture of course. it was about 11:29 by now)! then i realised that i didnt know where the room was. so after walking the long way around building ED, i get to the lecture and everybody is lining up to ask him questions one-on-one. after lining up for a good few minutes, i realised that i had nothing to ask. so i walked around the campus (albeit looking like a freshman with a mean look on his face) to see where i was meant to go to get my ID card. again i lined up for a further few minutes before reading a paper saying that they werent doing ID cards today :burn: so i went back to rydalmere station depressed, then summarising the rest of the journey, i had to wait about 20 mins till the train came, then another 30 till the train from clyde to lidcombe came, then i walked home because i had to wait another 22 minutes before the train to berala would come.

oh, and i got home at 1:30....

hehe, i saw you jennifer, but i guess your strides are BIG, so i couldnt catch up to you. that and the fact that you were always walking in the opposite direction.... lol you looked like you were searching for something that wasnt there.

Optophobia

HSC
pretty much like everyone else: went to o-day, heard what they had to say, forgot to ask some questions that needed asking. Went home.

get_born

veterandoggy, it took me a while to get uws...even though its like 10 mins by car from my house. Arggh! i hate busses!

get_born

veterandoggy said:
well, parra uws is about 20 minutes and it took half an hour. beat that!
i will...cos it took me more than 30 mins to get there. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)