• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How was your school day? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
Today we had Crossroads. The first half of it was listening to someone who is HIV positive, and he was telling us all of the shit he's been through. :( Not only is he infected with HIV, but he has also had cancer twice! :eek: I've got no idea how he's still alive; he's 44 years old.
The second half of Crossroads was stretching and yoga and stuff. "Relaxation techniques" I think it was. The instructor was saying interesting things to us while we were (meant to be) relaxing; lying on our back facing the ceiling. Things such as, "Just let your brain float in the fluid" and "Allow your eyeballs to fall into the back of your eye-sockets". Ewwwww.
Sad Statue said:
Heh, I'm in my Extension 2 English class at the moment... Somehow my laptop just found the school's wireless network.

Had a total of one class today, which was English. My teachers didnt turn up for the others, so we had a couple of nice bludges, as well as an impromptue breakdancing lesson in Maths, all caught on camera.
Lol. Link please.
Legham said:
Haha, Risky.

Big W didnt even let us in cause we were in school uniform :( and they said security would take us if they saw us in the centre at all.. You'd think they'd let it slide if the school wasn't even in the same town >:/
The security people at our local shopping centre (it's a Westfields) kick us out if we go there during school time. :(

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
chocolate lover said:
Today we had Crossroads. The first half of it was listening to someone who is HIV positive, and he was telling us all of the shit he's been through. :( Not only is he infected with HIV, but he has also had cancer twice! :eek: I've got no idea how he's still alive; he's 44 years old.
The second half of Crossroads was stretching and yoga and stuff. "Relaxation techniques" I think it was. The instructor was saying interesting things to us while we were (meant to be) relaxing; lying on our back facing the ceiling. Things such as, "Just let your brain float in the fluid" and "Allow your eyeballs to fall into the back of your eye-sockets". Ewwwww.
Lol.

Today was rather sleepy.

HSC
magpam said:
today sucked... highlight of today was basically getting our jerseys

can't wait for tomorrow (no classes!!!)
About time! Haha, cool. :)

Why don't you have classes tomorrow? Lucky. :p

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
magpam said:
today sucked... highlight of today was basically getting our jerseys

can't wait for tomorrow (no classes!!!)
yeah ...i get my jersey in the last 3 weeks of school and we arent even allowed to put our names on it and we're not allowed to wear it to school unless you wear your school shirt over it, pretty fecking stupid, who the hell is gonna wear 2 shirts during hot spring or summer?!?!?

Season

HSC
Today was horrible, it wasn't just one hting, it was a combination of yucky things.

First and foremost I guess its medicine, I want to do it badly, I'm not one of those kids who desperately "wants to make a difference" or have dreamed of being a doctor since they were two. I don't have a defining reason it attracts me for about 10 reasons, but each reason on their own seems insignificant.

One of them being I want to get out and be on my own without my family, particulary Mum guilt tripping me non-stop about working. You know I go out like crazy on holiday time, but during term time I am a little nerd. I stay home, I do my homework, and I usually get some pretty decent marks. Yet I always get this crap coming down on me about one thing or another. Then she'll turn around and be the opposite "you're trying really hard, anything you do will be fantastic" or it'll be at my school "god those teachers are..." I just wish she'd stop.

Yet I feel that it'd be a complete waste of money to leave home to live in Sydney or Melb or some other cool place just because I want to get away, particulary when I have a world class university for the courses I want to do right at my doorstep. Plus my parents are mostly against it, no they wouldn't be paying, I would, yet it'd be "betraying the family" or some shit like that. Then my brothers get on my tail for wanting to do medicine, I really don't know what they're getting at, seriously. I've thought about it a few times but still have absolutely no idea why they would act the way they're acting.

Then I don't know if I want to try again for medicine if I fail, I mean I want medicine, but what if I screw up again, what am I going to do with a science degree? Sciencey jobs bore the hell out of me, and I know you can do other degrees but I need to pass the GAMSAT and that means having science behind me...

Then the whole Chemistry quiz today, I was tired, I forgot to eat breakfast (yes I forgot!) and was falling asleep with boredom about the stupid questions about chemicals which was asking me questions from way back year 11 and earlier this semester.

For all of you HSCers, the ACT is different, what you learnt in one semester stays in that semester, we get into the habit of purposely forgetting what we learnt last semester, thus when we confronted with something we learnt more then a year ago, we're totally screwed.

but more then that last holidays I was hanging around with uni students the whole time, I turned 18 and went clubbing every second or so night. So returning to the whole school thing social wise was hard. Still is, before it was the work grating on me, but now it's the social thing and how it different. I want out so badly, but I can't have this attitude I need to work if I'm going to get into the course I want.

Thus it goes around in a circle.

***massive angst-like teenager sigh***

Sad Statue

Banned
HSC
Legham said:
Haha, Risky.

Big W didnt even let us in cause we were in school uniform :( and they said security would take us if they saw us in the centre at all.. You'd think they'd let it slide if the school wasn't even in the same town >:/
Oh wow. I've been through Big W in a free in my jersey a million times. I think it's because you look pretty young dude. :p

Well I just got back from the Simpsons Movie.

N

noir.

yeh Legham looks like hes 14.

Nothing interested happened at school today... was asked to bring 17 notes explaining my lateness...

Legham

HSC
Sad Statue said:
Oh wow. I've been through Big W in a free in my jersey a million times. I think it's because you look pretty young dude. :p

Well I just got back from the Simpsons Movie.
Pffft, 'sif i look young :p I've even bought my own alcohol before (with a drawn on moustache and beard). You just look extra old :uhhuh:

And how was ze movie?

noir. said:
yeh Legham looks like hes 14.
Hahah, when im 50 and i look 47 that'll be a sweet compliment :D

Beege

HSC
I got my software major project mark back today. 99%/1st In Class I'M FUCKING STOKED! And my program wasn't the best one in the class either. It was because my documentation was pro.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Congratulations. :D

It usually ends up like that because the best programmers in the class will 'usually' neglect the documentation.

Sad Statue

Banned
HSC
Legham said:
Pffft, 'sif i look young :p I've even bought my own alcohol before (with a drawn on moustache and beard). You just look extra old :uhhuh:

And how was ze movie?
Bahahahahaha, I can't believe they thought you were 18 with a mo and a beard drawn on. That's gold.

Movie was quality. My official line is that 'it straddles the line between good and great'.

HSC
I got back my PD/H/PE assignment, and got 90%. :D My rank is 2nd, but the person that is ranked 1st got 92%. :(:(:(
Sad Statue said:
Bahahahahaha, I can't believe they thought you were 18 with a mo and a beard drawn on. That's gold.
That's what I was thinking. :rofl:

I'm going to see the Simpson's Movie tonight at the drive-ins, should be good. :)

Sad Statue

Banned
HSC
chocolate_lover said:
I got back my PD/H/PE assignment, and got 90%. :D My rank is 2nd, but the person that is ranked 1st got 92%. :(:(:(
That's what I was thinking. :rofl:

I'm going to see the Simpson's Movie tonight at the drive-ins, should be good. :)
Lol drive in.

I didn't even know those things existed.

HSC
Sad Statue said:
Lol drive in.

I didn't even know those things existed.
Lol, you didn't know they existed? :eek:

I haven't been in years (since I was in Primary School :eek:) haha, so it should be good.

Sad Statue

Banned
HSC
chocolate_lover said:
Lol, you didn't know they existed? :eek:

I haven't been in years (since I was in Primary School :eek:) haha, so it should be good.
Welcome to Taree, Megan. ;)

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
where at? bass hills like the only place thati know that has drive ins..but ive never been

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Buiboi said:
where at? bass hills like the only place thati know that has drive ins..but ive never been
yeah i drive past the bass hill one pretty often.
think there`s one at blacktown as well.

Loza33

HSC
"You are only 17. what could you possibly have to worry about?"

Quote from my mother...

Yea, silly me... what could i possibly have to worry about??

Just HSC.... working for what? Unpredictabilty of life.. who's stupid idea was acting? Failing? My best friend not talking to me? Complete lack of money? Idiots i have to live with, constant inability to escape school; go out, get drunk or drive? My boyfriend living 4 hours away... do i even love him?

Why am i doing this?

What could i possibly have to worry about?

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
i thoguht bass hill was closed down or something....but dont the y only show old movies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)