• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How was your school day? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocolat

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Nice work chocolate lover :uhhuh:

Currently at school, and currently I'm very sick :(
I'm glad to hear that you think you went well in your English exam chocolate_lover! :D
And SS, go home, get into bed, watch soapies and drink tea and I guarantee that you will be better in no time :p

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Chocolat said:
And SS, go home, get into bed, watch soapies and drink tea and I guarantee that you will be better in no time :p
1. No transport available till 3pm :(
2. No tv in bedroom, so it'll have to be downstairs couch/bed, which is uncomfortable :(
3. Soapies? Ok then :p
4. Herbal, right?
And what if that gurantee doesn't come about? ;)
Gangles.McGee said:
And refrain from doing maths goddamnit
As you wish :p I;m doing cosmology :uhhuh:

Chocolat

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
1. No transport available till 3pm :(
2. No tv in bedroom, so it'll have to be downstairs couch/bed, which is uncomfortable :(
3. Soapies? Ok then :p
4. Herbal, right?
And what if that gurantee doesn't come about? ;)
As you wish :p I;m doing cosmology :uhhuh:
There are no buses at all till 3pm? :O That is shocking!
But if you're feeling sick you shouldn't be at school...let alone doing work! Because your head feels all stuffy and you can't think straight...:p. Not very productive! And yes herbal tea...I don't want you sick for your exams next week!
And well, I maintain my theory that maths doesn't exist :p. And for the moment, I think Cosmology can cease to exist as well :p.

Oh, and regarding my school day...I'm not at school because we have exams and I don't have any tonight...I have my French on Monday so I have been doing some practice listening tasks...but getting slowly distracted haha!

-pari-

HSC
N/A
Sofstar said:
Far out, that was hard. :bomb:
classic, eh?

SS: get well soon. i say from experience that being sick during exams plain sucks!

ellen.louise

HSC
Hosp exam: not too bad.
discovered I had a shiny patch on my little finger from writing so much... I think i must hold my pen weird.

Out of interest, what the hell is cosmology:confused:

Season

HSC
bringbackshred said:
My software teacher is REALLY good at setting an exam. he decided to copy half of the multiple choice questions out of the sample exam he suggested that we study.
English techer did that to me once, she set 3 practise exam questions and told us to hand in an essay, no one did (I did and handed it in too). Then in the exam those were the three questions, when I saw those questions I was like 'GO ME!!' everyone else was kciking themselves

pays to pay attention in class

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
School Walkathon today, us year 12s held stalls at this park, uhh, near...a...bay...(dunno what it's called :eek:) while the rest of the school walked down there. I was doing the badges stall, putting the metal ring and metal back into the machine, wait for others to cut out the designs (could be custom-made as long as you bring the pic :D), put on the plastic film, shove it into the machine, stamp twice, add the clip on the back, and voila! :D

(I think ppl looked at me weird each time after I stamp. I was just trying to be quick with all these ppl piling up waiting :p Maybe I looked a bit violent. Just...a tiny bit. :p)

Time flew, I just looked up and the next thing I knew it was four hours later :eek: Just managed to grab a sausage + gelato in between, heh, like most of us :p Man, that had to be the quickest Walkathon ever...in the previous years I just lied there pretty much twiddling my thumb waiting for time to pass :p

lol to those exam questions XD But don't you hate it when you've done it, but you just *can't* remember all of it? It's just like, "uhh...what did I say again?" Ugh.

Get better soon SS (yes that's an order :p) and ellen.louise, Cosmology is this Distinction course that you could do if you've done well in an accelerated subject (ie. did the HSC before year 12). And it's something I wish I could do if my school *did* offer acceleration at all :mad1:

(Cosmology!! Gah, it's bad enough that I'm missing out on that, on top of the fact that I don't get to do Astrophysics as the option for HSC Physics either! x.x)

cs01001

HSC
ellen.louise said:
Hosp exam: not too bad.
discovered I had a shiny patch on my little finger from writing so much... I think i must hold my pen weird.

Study of universe, stars and that kind of stuff

jirwin

HSC
Loza33 said:
:O:O:O

That sucks so much!!

Even in year 11 we got time off and only had to go to school for exams.. that was a time to be grateful for boarding.. hardly anyone had their p's then and hence had to stay at school most of the day waiting for buses, while we got to go down to the house.. but now everyone just drives home, whenever they want!!

How do you study? do they give you homework and stuff in between??

I feel your schoo needs an intervention!!
We had time off in year eleven for the yearlies.

for this year, The SRC took it to the exectutives and they were like "because we have brought forward your trials to allow you more revision time for ur HSC exams, we cannot give u time off for ur half yearlies. only ##% has 4 assessments in the two weeks and ##% has only two so it wouldn't be time well spent"

We have classes still. Non of mine are giving homework cept maths but he has now stopped. in english, cafs, dnt and now maths we are revising for the exam and in art we are just continuing on cos we dont have an exam for it.

i had my first exam today and it was second so i spent all of art first session studying - she didn't care... even wished us good luck... so in a way its good that our teachers are allowing us to study for other classes instead of doing the work

Last edited:

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
bringbackshred said:
My software teacher is REALLY good at setting an exam. he decided to copy half of the multiple choice questions out of the sample exam he suggested that we study.
If only he did that for the HSC, you'd be set!!

Today, stiffled many-a-giggle, trying not to disturb others during an exam - very funny exams question ;) :lol:

xoCandyGurlxo

HSC
1 exam down only 4 to go! Totally screwed up my english paper 1 exam. Section one i was good with, section 2 i prolly coulda written more if i had more time and it was a stupid letter that had to be triggered memory but still incorporate a physical journey. Section 3 was a stupid essay that i didnt have time to finish so i just quickly wrote some points on other things i was gunna tlak about hopefully that helps my mark a bit. It didnt help that i couldnt stop sneezing coz of stupid hayfever. Funny how the farmers start harvesting when i have exams.

`kyttie

rawr.
HSC
N/A
airie said:
School Walkathon today, us year 12s held stalls at this park, uhh, near...a...bay...(dunno what it's called :eek:) while the rest of the school walked down there. I was doing the badges stall, putting the metal ring and metal back into the machine, wait for others to cut out the designs (could be custom-made as long as you bring the pic :D), put on the plastic film, shove it into the machine, stamp twice, add the clip on the back, and voila! :D
*pokes you*.

Hey. I was at the Walkathon today.

. . . We go to the same school.

*shudders, paranoid now*

Kaitlyn. :cool:

SoulSearcher

HSC
Chocolat said:
There are no buses at all till 3pm? :O That is shocking!
But if you're feeling sick you shouldn't be at school...let alone doing work! Because your head feels all stuffy and you can't think straight...:p. Not very productive! And yes herbal tea...I don't want you sick for your exams next week!
And well, I maintain my theory that maths doesn't exist :p. And for the moment, I think Cosmology can cease to exist as well :p.
Nope, none that go near my house that I know anyway. The only way I was going to do work was to get to school, as I would've been too distracted at home, and I needed to do work today :uhhuh: I'll be fine by next week, I hope :) But a Cosmology assignment's due soon :(
-pari- said:
SS: get well soon. i say from experience that being sick during exams plain sucks!
airie said:
Get better soon SS (yes that's an order :p)
Thanks for that, both of you :) Yes I will airie :p
ellen.louise said:
airie said:
Cosmology is this Distinction course that you could do if you've done well in an accelerated subject (ie. did the HSC before year 12). And it's something I wish I could do if my school *did* offer acceleration at all :mad1:

(Cosmology!! Gah, it's bad enough that I'm missing out on that, on top of the fact that I don't get to do Astrophysics as the option for HSC Physics either! x.x)
cs01001 said:
Study of universe, stars and that kind of stuff
There's your answer :uhhuh:
airie said:
Haha. Walkathon. We're having it sometime next term, and I'm not walking, since I'm a prefect :D

`kyttie

rawr.
HSC
N/A
SoulSearcher said:
Haha. Walkathon. We're having it sometime next term, and I'm not walking, since I'm a prefect :D
I won't be walking next year either, thank god.

`kyttie

rawr.
HSC
N/A
Lol, running?

More like scuffling the sandy pavement, with our chem teacher bringing up the rear and threatening to have the police-on-pushbikes jam us in the ribs with their batons if we don't hurry up. Heh.

It took forever though, but the awesome bit is that, after you've passed the point where you're absolutely certain that you're going to keel over at any minute and faint.. -- after you've passed that point, suddenly you've reached your destination.
Sweet.

(who could never have been happier to see a gum tree this morning)

SoulSearcher

HSC
`kyttie said:
Lol, running?

More like scuffling the sandy pavement, with our chem teacher bringing up the rear and threatening to have the police-on-pushbikes jam us in the ribs with their batons if we don't hurry up. Heh.

It took forever though, but the awesome bit is that, after you've passed the point where you're absolutely certain that you're going to keel over at any minute and faint.. -- after you've passed that point, suddenly you've reached your destination.
Sweet.

(who could never have been happier to see a gum tree this morning)
Yeah, run them to get them over quicker :uhhuh: Too bad I have shit cardio-vascular :(

Gum tree??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)