• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How was your school day? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

`kyttie

rawr.
HSC
N/A
You'll never catch me running 10km that we had to walk today! :eek:

And, the gum tree symbolises "the place". i.e. place where you can collapse to the floor, throw off your shoes, try to stem the flow of blood from your little toe, gulp massive amounts of energy drink and pant like a dog.

Lol. You really start to appreciate gum trees when you've been staring at one for the past hour, praying to get to it quicker and more mercifully.

Kaitlyn. :cool:

`kyttie

rawr.
HSC
N/A
Oh and also, out of curiosity - what's up with your cardiovascular system?
Just not too fit in that area, or something medical?

`kyttie

rawr.
HSC
N/A
Oh 'kay, well that's good. That it ain't medical, 'leastways.

Don't fret. I was unfit for about three years - but that was because of dislocating my knees an incredible amount of times, discussing the procedures for knee reconstructive surgery, then chickening out, then.. etc. Heh.

`kyttie

rawr.
HSC
N/A
I'm a surfer, also used to be a netballer, so my knees are put under more stress than the average person. Add to that a certain amount of luck, and having flat feet . . . and you dislocate your knee.

Basically, the patella (kneecap) just pops out. For some people it pops out inwards (i.e. towards your other leg), but for me, it pops out laterally (towards the outside). Both hurt. Both scrape bone against bone. Both tear tendons. Both need at least half a year for a full/complete recovery.

With mine, the muscles (quadriceps in particular) are so weak now, because they hardly get a chance to start recovering before they're torn again. Been doing physio for a good few years.

Things like stepping up a massive ledge with your leg on an angle is a bit culprit. That was the start of it all. Then little things, like doing backflips in gymnastics and landing awkward. Or having a sharp wave at Surfer's Paradise just cut across the back of my knee and send me twist-spiralling to the floor. Things like that.

Dislocation's a pretty serious injury, too. Each time, the ambulance has to be called to pop my knee back in, and I've given drugs/anaesthetic beforehand. And a brace to walk in for the next half year, with physio almost every day.

Knee injuries. Trust me, they're painful.

`kyttie

rawr.
HSC
N/A
I didn't.

Standing on a beach isn't a sport - or at least I didn't ever see it that way.
And that's one of the ways I dislocated my knees.

Another 'sport', I guess, would be kicking a soccer ball once. = Dislocation.

And stumbling into a ditch while crossing the road, also ='d dislocation.

But, the knee-intensive sports spurred it to start.

`kyttie

rawr.
HSC
N/A
SoulSearcher said:
Ahh, that's pretty shit then :uhhuh: Had a fracture in my shin once, and some brusing of the bone, but that's it.
Heh yeah. I've had tons of injuries, but never a fracture.
Closest thing was breaking my collar bone, which sucked because you can't set the bone. You have to wait for it to naturally heal. And no cast, either.

`kyttie

rawr.
HSC
N/A
One school term.

I was in Grade 3, so it wasn't too bad. I remember I was just standing innocently in the playground, before some sixth-grader ran past and knocked me over. That's when I broke it. I was sent to the sick bay, and the woman said I was fine and it's just a scratch here.. and here.. and there. And sent me off to class.

I was (am?) the kind that cries quietly and doesn't get hysterical, so I was back in class and still crying quietly because it hurt tons, and the teacher sent me back to sick bay, and the nurse sent me back to class again with a note that said something about me faking it for attention. :confused:

So I stayed at school the whole day with a broken collarbone and being made to regularly turn and twist my hand, per instructions from the nurse, to, "get blood flowing again". On my way home, I used to take a bus and.. buses are bumpy. And painful, when you're sporting broken bones, lol. Went to bed at night, painful, etc... ended up going to hospital when they told us it was broken.

The school knew they'd done something wrong, so the principal called up the next day to see how I was, and then my home teacher called up too.. my parents were basically close to suing them. We would've won, too - for their unqualified nurse and violated duty of care. An iffy injury should be judged by the parents as to be 'nothing' (aka fake), or something serious. Not some.. nurse.

Heh, I remember it like it was yesterday. :D

Lol anyways! Bed-time.
Sleep sweet, whoever's still awake.

Chocolat

HSC
Seeing all this breaking/dislocating/fracturing bones is making me feel all jittery...haha!

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
`kyttie said:
One school term.

I was in Grade 3, so it wasn't too bad. I remember I was just standing innocently in the playground, before some sixth-grader ran past and knocked me over. That's when I broke it. I was sent to the sick bay, and the woman said I was fine and it's just a scratch here.. and here.. and there. And sent me off to class.

I was (am?) the kind that cries quietly and doesn't get hysterical, so I was back in class and still crying quietly because it hurt tons, and the teacher sent me back to sick bay, and the nurse sent me back to class again with a note that said something about me faking it for attention. :confused:

So I stayed at school the whole day with a broken collarbone and being made to regularly turn and twist my hand, per instructions from the nurse, to, "get blood flowing again". On my way home, I used to take a bus and.. buses are bumpy. And painful, when you're sporting broken bones, lol. Went to bed at night, painful, etc... ended up going to hospital when they told us it was broken.

The school knew they'd done something wrong, so the principal called up the next day to see how I was, and then my home teacher called up too.. my parents were basically close to suing them. We would've won, too - for their unqualified nurse and violated duty of care. An iffy injury should be judged by the parents as to be 'nothing' (aka fake), or something serious. Not some.. nurse.

Lol anyways! Bed-time.

Hehe, I can't even remember 1 year back, let alone Year 3 :eek:

Good night :)

Last edited:
N

noir.

Chocolat said:
Seeing all this breaking/dislocating/fracturing bones is making me feel all jittery...haha!
woman!
i love that movie [Chocolat, btw :p]

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
`kyttie said:
*pokes you*.

Hey. I was at the Walkathon today.

. . . We go to the same school.

*shudders, paranoid now*

Ahahaha XD

No need to feel paranoid, I don't bite. Nor do the few friends of mine who randomly browse this site. Feel safe <3

So did you drop by the badges stall? I was doing the machine bit, mostly :D
SoulSearcher said:
Haha. Walkathon. We're having it sometime next term, and I'm not walking, since I'm a prefect :D
Heh, I don't think any of us actually walked, we just took the buses ourselves. ... Unless there were people who actually wanted exercise. Or something. To turn up at school and walk down with the rest of the people.
`kyttie said:
Lol, running?
There used to be a race, if you remember. But then that somehow...uhh, just, faded into oblivion...*shifty eyes*
`kyttie said:
More like scuffling the sandy pavement, with our chem teacher bringing up the rear and threatening to have the police-on-pushbikes jam us in the ribs with their batons if we don't hurry up. Heh.
Haha I wonder who that is :p
`kyttie said:
One school term.

Lol anyways! Bed-time.

Ugh. Poor you. :( Hate it when people think they know everything and they just don't wanna listen to anything else, pfft. Idiots. It's not even like they fully checked properly with equipments and such. Anyone can just look at an internal injury and think, "Oh, that looks normal on the surface" :rolleyes:

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
airie said:
Ahahaha XD

No need to feel paranoid, I don't bite. Nor do the few friends of mine who randomly browse this site. Feel safe <3

Heh, I don't think any of us actually walked, we just took the buses ourselves. ... Unless there were people who actually wanted exercise. Or something. To turn up at school and walk down with the rest of the people.

There used to be a race, if you remember. But then that somehow...uhh, just, faded into oblivion...*shifty eyes*

Ugh. Poor you. :( Hate it when people think they know everything and they just don't wanna listen to anything else, pfft. Idiots. It's not even like they fully checked properly with equipments and such. Anyone can just look at an internal injury and think, "Oh, that looks normal on the surface" :rolleyes:

ahhH!
say hi to eunice for me...
i love that girl.

Loza33

HSC
wow, lots of crazy broken bones stories!!

kyttie - lots of adventures huh? i understand the whole knee thingi, coz my best friend has the same thing... the first time he did it, we were climbing over a fence at a friends birthday party in yr 9, then in year 10 he majorily did it kicking a football... and had to have surgery (not knee reconstruction just surgery) and then he did it again the weekend before the footy season last year, and then later just running.... he needs a full reconstruction but he is waiting... he thinks he is going to play football this year... his doctor told him, if he did there was a 100% chance it would dislocate and hed need the operation but hes not listening... damn men and their football!!

Hm... im quite an injury clutz too... many broken bones... broke my arm - compound open fracture in yr 3... lots of pain, many stitches, pins etc. yr 8 i got a stress fracture in my ankle from ballet... which is were the outside bone of your ankle bowes out to far and it snaps.. lots of pain!! and eventually had to give up ballet because of it!! broke my wrist at the end of yr 10 playing 'touch' football.. haha.. touch they say, tackle they do! lol and then stress fractured my ankle again playing netball last year and had to have a silly operation... not to mention like 4 ear operations and many, many illnesses; in the last year ive had glangular fever, chest infection, a few serious flus, three operations and not to mention several diabetes attacks...

haha im a disaster!!! lol It has kind of gotten to the stage which i just laugh... my friends call me sick kid!! haha

Anyone elses stories...??

`kyttie

rawr.
HSC
N/A
airie said:
Ahahaha XD

Heh nah, didn't drop by the stall but I remember seeing the sign, that's what rung the bell. ;)
Most of the time we were just messing around on the beach, and building sand sculptures of various toilets.

airie said:

Can't wait till Yr12, when I won't be walking. Phew.
I don't remember a race, I came to this school in Yr9, was sick to go to the first Walkathon, so I've only gone last year and this year.

airie said:
Conroy. :lol::haha:

airie said:
Exactly. :haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)