• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How was your school day? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrettyVacant

HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
Selective Schools test today, so the walkways were cut-off.
Also, another (external) family member joins JR. *Sigh.* I'm even more of a loser and a loner now.

Anyhow, same on-goings; four periods, work done (a considerable amount, even in Biology, where I outshine everyone by far in microbiology and cells), and more English-related work to do. And a public speaking speech, and waking up at 6:00 am.

Went to a physics lecture, and the content, although uni level, is easy.
Pffft! Stuff Ruse, =) I remember in year 6, my tutor (Mr. Ye..the hxc Asian one) was like, "YOU HAVE TO PUT DOWN JR!"

But I didn't.

NSG FTW.

Sorry if JR doesn't stand for James Ruse. =|

HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
Went to a physics lecture, and the content, although uni level, is easy.
It's better than high school physics. its pretty much the same concepts so far (mix of prelim and hsc) but its heaps more maths but its not much harder at all if you are maths orientated.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
watatank said:
It's better than high school physics. its pretty much the same concepts so far (mix of prelim and hsc) but its heaps more maths but its not much harder at all if you are maths orientated.
I wonder what careers will uni level physics earn me.

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
Not too bad of a day, scored 59/60 for 2u maths ...damn that one question

Kujah

HSC
N/A
No school today =D Played cricket against Moorebank. Lost by 11 runs :(

HSC
N/A
PrettyVacant said:
Pffft! Stuff Ruse, =) I remember in year 6, my tutor (Mr. Ye..the hxc Asian one) was like, "YOU HAVE TO PUT DOWN JR!"

But I didn't.

NSG FTW.

Sorry if JR doesn't stand for James Ruse. =|
My sister will go to/goes to/went to NSGH; it will turn/turns out/turned out to be one of the best decisions of her life.

Yehhurrr, JR is Ruse. *twitch* Lots of people can make Ruse; few bother. I only acquiesced going to SBHS because two of my primary school friends landed there; now I've ceased all ties of friendship with them - one is gay, by the way.

Yes, yes, stuff Ruse, but Agriculture is awesome.:D (Not; probably anyway. IMO, it seems fun, but I've heard more than my share of the tales, which shed negative light on it.)
watatank said:
It was predominantly high school physics, with uni physics. It's run in the school by the school.
Compared to my peers, I'm not maths-orientated, but, uncannily enough, physics is easy (truly) and the maths is easy, too.
fenris said:
I wonder what careers will uni level physics earn me.
God you're a cynic.
Here's what you could do; complete the Large Hadron Collider, then realise that you've wasted your time finding the so-called God particle, a non-existent particle*, scrap all your work, and then become a mold.

*I hope that it doesn't happen, though; it'd totally fuck up quantum physics oh so badly, and the laws of nature.
Kujah said:
No school today =D Played cricket against Moorebank. Lost by 11 runs
There, there, Kujah; better luck next time, when you thrash them!;)

Last edited:

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
Schools been good. I havent. Don't know why. Well today was quite boring. Our x-country is coming up like next week. Im super duper excited ! Well yesss, thats all I shall say right now.

HSC
N/A
For the record, a post of LottoX's has been deleted. We must write its elegy, for it was a good post; if LottoX had gone to Ruse, he'd have used the land to grow stuff.
C'mon, seriously, relax with the mod powers.

Anyhow, I'm trying to research stuff on "drugs", "Australia", "consequence/effect/impact", "social/economic/health/etc.", and doing my h/w for Phys - reading up on Kepler's laws of planetary motion. Seems pretty easy.
sleepplease said:
What does that have to do with anything at all?
It's meant to be an aside.

Last edited:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Lucid Scintilla said:
There, there, Kujah; better luck next time, when you thrash them!;)
Haha, I whs for that as well. Shame no Year 12s can participate next year =(

cs01001

HSC
No badminton for sport today, because the year 6s took our hall =(

van.tango

HSC
My day was brought down by the black hole that is one unit SLR. I feel like I've been doing exactly the same work for the past seven weeks in that class.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Shitty day kind of.
I made two very silly mistakes in my Physics test, now I can't get 100%.
It's like I've been afflicted with a curse which prevents me from attaining perfects marks, even if I have the potential.

van.tango said:
My day was brought down by the black hole that is one unit SLR. I feel like I've been doing exactly the same work for the past seven weeks in that class.
I used to do SLR, dropped it.

HSC
N/A
Through early morning fog I see
visions of the things to be
the pains that are withheld for me
I realize and I can see...

that suicide is painless
It brings on many changes
and I can take or leave it if I please.
I try to find a way to make
all our little joys relate
without that ever-present hate
but now I know that it's too late, and...

What is SLR?

Better luck, f3nr15. I don't quite know how I'd react to losing marks nowadays; I think I'd do something radical.

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
I agree ...lost 1/2 a mark in my extension maths test for putting something into the calculator wrong ...unbelievable

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
Apparently the maths department at my school (selective) thought that they would make the extension test fairly difficult, so as to lure people to drop it, as we have too many people doing extension 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)