• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How was your school day? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
N/A
S1M0 said:
got my RE assessment back:

19/20.

Now, thats a good mark, but i reckoned i should've got the extra mark, any tips as to how i should approach the marker (catholic irish, quite old, kind, easy marker)?
That sounds like a racially-charged/discriminatory comment.
Catholic Irish should have nihil to do with marking papers, as with age.

OH YEAH, ... WHAT ABOUT CATHOLICISM?

You said that they marker's an easy marker, so perhaps he/she has already been generous enough. Try, for the sake of it, unless you have some policy at your school that you have to be willing to lose marks to gain marks (and you feel that you might lose marks).

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
S1M0 said:
Its the principle, not the marks. If my satisfaction with my results were based solely on what i had got, and not on my ranking, then i would be pretty damn satisfied.
What principle? That other's 'fluking through class' and 'bullshitting 20/20s' justifies your scabbing of an extra mark to get a perfect score, when you yourself bragged how much you did not study*? Perhaps you belong to the former as well.

*Does this sound familar?
S1M0 said:
Ancient History: 81%. 4th in class. Alright considering i did absalutely no study

Physics:
83%. 1st in class. Which is pretty damn good, consdering the minimal amount of study that i did.
I'm just putting things in context here.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Biology: Done first things of a Local Ecosystem.
Maths: Quadrilaterals. At 11am, called up to have a meeting with Robert Orth, Director of Human Resources at IBM. Part of "Principal for a Day" iniatitive. First experience with a millionaire =D
Modern History: Balkan Crises
Chemistry: Moles

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
simonloo said:
What principle? That other's 'fluking through class' and 'bullshitting 20/20s' justifies your scabbing of an extra mark to get a perfect score, when you yourself bragged how much you did not study*? Perhaps you belong to the former as well.

*Does this sound familar?

I'm just putting things in context here.
Haha yeah.

Anger blinds us all.... I guess thats it.

cccclaire

HSC
4 periods of maths
2 periods of biology olympiad training.

my brain is dead.

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
cccclaire said:
4 periods of maths
That's a lot of maths in one day :eek:

SOR excursion to the Great Synagogue, was pretty good!

Business Studies excursion to the centre point tower for a brunch buffet tomorrow! (Economics class is tagging along :p)

fiSHtITS

Cynical Member
HSC
My day was very good thanks for asking.

I had a half yearly prac for software to start off the day which i was completely un-prepared for and then I went to mc donalds and finally went to sport where i managed to break the only fun trampoline, therefore ruining the day for everyone :D

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Crossroads: STIs
Chemistry: Moles
MX1: Linear Functions
English: Julius Caesar. Few more scenes to go.

cccclaire

HSC
Faytle said:
That's a lot of maths in one day :eek:
yeh it really is.
Although it goes relatively quickly, and you get a tonne of work done.

fiSHtITS

Cynical Member
HSC
I'm new to these forums but every other forums i've been on accepts
with a URL between them and will show the picture instead of just showing the url, does anyone know it doesn't work here?

edit:

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
You can still upload images and display them, fiSHtITS. (Lol, nice name, whatever it's intended to mean/be read as.)

School day? Work, as usual. Why bother tell?

The Internet is a hostile place.:( It's serious business, I'm told.

mudcake42

HSC
double maths: 2 unit test ... and i STILL stuffed it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

English: ... my teacher is such a cow although i made an intellectual comment :D

Chemistry: learning about avogadro's law and doing this water cylinder thing and yep ... dont quite get it as yet lol

Now i got a bio exam tomorrow and all this english stuff due... quite tired !

fiSHtITS

Cynical Member
HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
You can still upload images and display them, fiSHtITS. (Lol, nice name, whatever it's intended to mean/be read as.)

School day? Work, as usual. Why bother tell?

The Internet is a hostile place.:( It's serious business, I'm told.
Would thou be so obliged to tell me how?

and the name is just my gaming name :D

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
PHYSICS EXCURSION TOMORROW!!!!

Haha! Go to powerhouse museum, then IMAX, then leave one hour early from the city and go play netcaf!!! (netcafe)

HAHAA! SUCKED IN TO BUSINESS STUDIES!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
(physics and business studies students are rivals over what subject is better y'see)

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
S1M0 said:
(physics and business studies students are rivals over what subject is better y'see)
Physics and Business? They're odd subjects to have competing. How are you supposed to compare?

Oh well.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Fish Sauce said:
Physics and Business? They're odd subjects to have competing. How are you supposed to compare?

Oh well.
You don't. Dunno, thats just how it is. BS guys argue its more relevant, i argue that physics is more useful. Besides, you can learn BS in tafe, and its literally useless as a subject, so yeah.

undalay

HSC
business studies sounds more useful then physics.

I don't do BS, just physics.

High school physics, although it may be interesting, isn't really useful tho :]

HSC
N/A
fiSHtITS said:
Would thou be so obliged to tell me how?

and the name is just my gaming name :D
Activate the Quick Reply feature, or quote someone's post, so that you can either click [Go Advanced], or be on the very page itself. Having clicked on the [Go Advanced], an advanced reply to thread page loads, where you'll find a paperclip. Click on that, and a pop-up will ... well, pop-up, with which you can upload stuff (if images, they'll be shown at the base of the post).:)

Hi LottoX.:)

cccclaire

HSC
long day =/

long lecture about how they're testing us for tay sachs which was basically a lecture on genetics for 8-year-olds. Such a drag, especially because I'm pretty sure I'm not carrying the tay sachs gene.

We got to watch Rocky horror picture show in english extension though =]

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
Hm today. Colddd .. ^^. ENS. bludge on computers playing this very kiddish-looking game. ENG. Got our results back although. I already knew what it was, it just made things worse. Stupid oral ! ><" Double IPT. Doing stuff on surveys and all. The school is actually quite sucessful in blocking all forms of life on the intranetz now. Every single bloody proxy site I try to find is BLOCKED ! I can't even get into hotmail nowadays ! oh the humanity ! how art thou live their life with such agony and riddance of something with so much beauty ? LOL, I have no idea what I just said. Maths. Perms & combs. ahaha .. i get the whole how it works thing now ! ahah .. i was shit crap before so yeah. PHY. Revision Q's on relative velocity which turned into a maths trig lesson on cosine & sine rules. lol .. maddd .. that all. I feel as if I shall fail at all I do right about .. NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)