How was your school day? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
genril said:
hap hap happy birthday

Biology: Enzymes, I am finding this stuff hard. Anyone else done it yet?
PDHPE: Health in Australia, lol this subject is a joke. If I don't get 90+ in this I am a disgrace.

free periods woo
Yea this PDHPE is pretty easy so far, i think i memorised everything on epidemiology lol.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
Ah BoS didn't post what I typed.

Had ABW. Bludged quite a bit though. Really wasn't in the mood to do work. Filmed our advert. I personally think it is quite lame, but also funny. We then played cs for ages. Loved it. Bludged more. Went lib. after school. Really didn't want to be there. We're still ranked 2nd. Bah.

Tomorrow shall be VERY BUSY, unfortunately.

Mind-Revolution

Nothing Else Matters...
HSC
N/A
Jachie said:
English Extension: laughed at my teacher's amusing anecdotes and cried at the amount of work we were given and the module we're doing. 'The Art Of Reading And Writing' what the fuck is this? Apparently around six other schools do it. I'll tell you why no one does it, because it's absolutely shit and should be avoided like the plague. I reiterate that I AM READING A BOOK ABOUT READING. I am going to kill myself before the term is over, it is so fucking ridiculous. And all the other classes get to do Crime Fiction :( :( Oh but my teacher mentioned BOS today, she was like "lol if you did Crime Fiction you could find heeeeeeeaps of notes and related texts, but good luck trying to find help with this module on that awful b-o-r-e-d of studies site" and I was like "lol". Then I was like :(
Crime Fiction is useless too. English is no longer English.

Mind-Revolution

Nothing Else Matters...
HSC
N/A
genril said:
hap hap happy birthday

Biology: Enzymes, I am finding this stuff hard. Anyone else done it yet?
PDHPE: Health in Australia, lol this subject is a joke. If I don't get 90+ in this I am a disgrace.

free periods woo
Enzymes
- Are proteins.
- Are catalysts (fasten chemical reactions).
- Work within limited range (pH and temperature may denature them if extreme).
- Enzyme models; Induced Fit Model (substrate and enzyme slightly change in order to become a complex), Lock And Key Model (Enzyme is specific to a certain substrate).
- Can be used over and over again.
- Substrate concentration eventually reaches a saturation point (where all clefts on Enzyme are currently engaged with substrate).

Mostly, the major points... I can remember. Models ^ may be irrelevant or wrong, only browsed it.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I'm 17 today :D

Maths: More quadratic polynomials.
Chemistry: More on alkanes and alkenes.
Modern: Researched for essay.

Starting History Extension next week :) :)

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
Happy birthday Kujah! :)

IPT (early): study period. Did nothing.
English: Questions on Journeys.
Economics: Globalisation.
2U/3U Maths: Finished going through the prelim exams.
Art: Tried to look for some inspirations/ideas.

Just found out that official classes end in week 8, then the last two weeks are pure assessments. Had no idea about this :eek:.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Whooo happy birthday!

My best friend came back from argentina today so I've been looking at her photos and feeling depressed because I want to go to Argentina. :( But I bought Digitalism's CD today because "Pogo" is really really good and all the people here love them. So far so sexy I do think. I also got this Mean Girls/Election/Save The Last Dance triple-DVD for $25. I don't really know why I did this though since I already have Mean Girls and have no desire to own STLD. Meh, I have Election now whoooo impulsive shopping ftw

Oh yeah and school was alright too I suppose.

Le3sah

HSC
Oo Happy Birthday Kujah! =D

Argh! Has BOS been fuking up lately, or is it just my computer?

Well today I found out my ranking for English =D 3/129 meaning I can do Ext 2 English! I was so excited until I found out the classes were going to be before school. :mad1: That's pretty shit because I live far from school and normally catch the school bus. Also, my mum's not too keen on me walking alone either. If only I had a car......:) and my red P's. :mad1:

Schools been alright, though our new timetables have not been issued so those who have picked up extension 2 Maths have subject clashings.

Black Hawker

HSC
Happy 17th Kevin!

Got economics back. 65/80 - 5th in class/grade. Miss out on being first by 4 marks. And lost it on stupid mistakes! ARGH!

genril

Banned
HSC
Mind-Revolution said:
Enzymes
- Are proteins.
- Are catalysts (fasten chemical reactions).
- Work within limited range (pH and temperature may denature them if extreme).
- Enzyme models; Induced Fit Model (substrate and enzyme slightly change in order to become a complex), Lock And Key Model (Enzyme is specific to a certain substrate).
- Can be used over and over again.
- Substrate concentration eventually reaches a saturation point (where all clefts on Enzyme are currently engaged with substrate).

Mostly, the major points... I can remember. Models ^ may be irrelevant or wrong, only browsed it.
Thank you.

Today was fun, I am too tired to do the run down though. Working at Big W is boring.

Happy birthday Kevin.

Jachie

HSC
Argh! Has BOS been fuking up lately, or is it just my computer?
It's a combination of things. 1) admins no longer care for this site and don't give a shit that the clock has fucked up the server, meaning it's virtually impossible to use this site between 8 and 10pm, and second-of-ly it's HSC time. 07er overload.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Cheers guys :)

English: We worked on our responses to unseen texts.
Chemistry: Looked over some sheets on alkanes and alkenes, and talked about ethylene.
Maths: Sums and roots.
CApps: Nothing. Last ever period of Capps woot.

Starting History Extension first thing on Monday, and theres only 2 people in the class altogether. :)

Jachie

HSC
Whoo I think I've found two of my four related texts for Inner Journeys whoo. They're both movies which could be tricky, but I am brilliant so I'm sure it will work out.

genril

Banned
HSC
Oi Jachie, help me out.

Ok, my english class is doing the following:

for the critical: King Lear

comparison: Blade Runner / BNW

for the other thing which i can't remember what it's called because i don't pay attention: colderidge? that's poetry yeah?

What do we have to do besides that? I know we don't do the stimulus book anymore, do we have to get FOUR of our own texts? I remember the teacher saying something about this but I was day dreaming.

cccclaire

HSC
^we're not allowed to do two movies because apparently we need a "variety" of texts

All I had today was assembly, coz all my other classes were cancelled.
But the school gave all year 12 our Ipods today =] We also got UNSW library membership and a bunch of other discounts at stores and stuff.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Jachie said:
Whoo I think I've found two of my four related texts for Inner Journeys whoo. They're both movies which could be tricky, but I am brilliant so I'm sure it will work out.
Four texts wtf?

Jachie

HSC
genril said:
Oi Jachie, help me out.

Ok, my english class is doing the following:

for the critical: King Lear

comparison: Blade Runner / BNW

for the other thing which i can't remember what it's called because i don't pay attention: colderidge? that's poetry yeah?

What do we have to do besides that? I know we don't do the stimulus book anymore, do we have to get FOUR of our own texts? I remember the teacher saying something about this but I was day dreaming.
Mr. Genril: I have no idea, I'm not going Blade Runner and I do not know of this colderidge fellow you speak of :( Besides every school's different I think? We were given this sheet of paper that had a bunch of little assignments we have to hand in throughout the term, and it said that if we have at least four related texts we should be set. i dunno about other schools though. ask a nerd in your class about what ewe have to do.

and yeah we're recommened to have variety but if I have two movies, a poem and a novel then what else do they expect me to use? A fucking website? It all works out, I'm not worried. I was considering using a few pivotal episodes from"Freaks and Geeks" (tv show) if I decide I hate one of my films somewhere along the line, but I don't think it's going to come to that.

EDIT: yep, four texts. My school's first in the state in english, that might explain it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)