How were your trials? (1 Viewer)

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Note from the Moderators:

Attention all students wishing to discuss or to otherwise review the 2008 trial papers

The reproduction of entire examination papers constitutes an infringement of the copyright in the work: s 36 of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth). It is not permitted.

Please do not post links to whole examination papers on the forums, or ask for them.

Solutions which are wholly the work of students may continue to be published.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
we all probably got variations so I'mnot going to bother to discuss the material.

But overall, multiple choice was good. Short answers was terrific. Essay 1 was awesome, essay 2 was ok.

Last edited by a moderator:

tro22

HSC
pretty gay exam not that hard though didnt really study much so didnt go that well hoping for 70%

haruhis2kyon

HSC
The exam was relatively decent, considering that my preparation and revision wasn't all that good. I found some of the questions in the multiple choice a bit difficult (I always do bad in multiple choices *sigh*). The topics I was hoping for were in the short answers, apart from one... and the extended response questions was alright, although I was running out of things to write for the final essay. Overall, I'm just hoping I can maintain my current rank... ><

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC
I didn't mind my trials.
extended response were EASY!
short answer was tricky.
Oh and can someone maybe explain to me the point of the simple multiplier? Like..what's the point of having one? What does it indicate? Thnx if anyone can help

karnage

HSC
zdzislaw said:
I didn't mind my trials.
extended response were EASY!
short answer was tricky.
Oh and can someone maybe explain to me the point of the simple multiplier? Like..what's the point of having one? What does it indicate? Thnx if anyone can help
It indicates that initial investment has a multiplied effect on national income.....

haruhis2kyon

HSC
ryu hayobusa said:
what essay questions did you guys get? or chose to answer neway. test was ok for me.
For the extended responses, I selected the one dealing with reducing inflation and the World Trade Organization's impacts on the global world... something along those lines.

tau281290

HSC
I chose the one on exchange rates, that one was awesome. Are we doing the same exam? Sounds like it.

Just read an article on Exchange rates from the Economist the day before the trials, so i could quote it easily.

Last edited:
HSC
over as of today :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

it wasnt too bad... but wont really know till i get the marks back ... :)

karnage

HSC
Oh trials were fine by the way. Very straightforward and wing'able.

shakky15

HSC
karnage said:
Oh trials were fine by the way. Very straightforward and wing'able.
definately wingable lol

didnt really need to study for those short answers lol.. which is good... coz i hardly studied... fukn maths 2u on the same day lol what were CSSA thinking??

Poad

HSC
How'd y'all go?

I got 86, pretty pleased considering I had Ext 2 Maths on the same day and only studied the two days before. >_>

Advv

HSC
Lol I got 76.5 That should put me in top 10. It was okay.

lionking1191

HSC
how many people do the same trial papers every yr? there's like a billion of them, ie. CSSA, independent...etc

tau281290

HSC
I got 74 or 76. I thought I did very bad at first, but considering that the highest is only 82, that's alright. My school keeps our trial mark very low to scare us into studying harder for the final HSC. =.=

HSC
I haven't got the result but I did the test yesterday and am not looking forward to the result (not that it will be terrible, just poor ranks wise).

Edit: not CSSA paper...

Last edited:

conics2008

HSC
lol u guys doing good.. at my school eco exams are a pain..

we havn't got our results back.. wont get them till the end of the term lol...

ohh well im looking forward for a 2nd rank lol.

haydezats

HSC
I got 78% for CSSA. I dont get why some schools get half marks, it dont happen in the HSC(NOT MINE).....

tau281290

HSC
uwshm8 said:
85.5% lol came 2nd...... multiples screwed me over 11/20... how disappointing!!
How did u manage to get 85% when ur MC is ...uhh... ur school must be generous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)