how you got 95+ (2 Viewers)

theycallmebob

HSC
if you got an ATAR in the high 90s (or low 90s) can you please explain the sort of marks you got for internal assessments? also how many hours of study you did every day, exams etc. how many units you did.

if you did 10 units could you explain how you found that? I'm doing 10 units locked into extension 1&2 english :eek2:

cheers :smile:

enoilgam

HSC
if you got an ATAR in the high 90s (or low 90s) can you please explain the sort of marks you got for internal assessments? also how many hours of study you did every day, exams etc. how many units you did.

if you did 10 units could you explain how you found that? I'm doing 10 units locked into extension 1&2 english :eek2:

cheers :smile:
Its all about rankings for your internal marks. As for study, there is no "magic" amount of hours, you just use the most effective and efficient method of ensuring that you understand the course content and are prepared for you exams.

theycallmebob

HSC
ok, so what assessment marks did you get, and what ranks did you get?

Official

Bring it on
HSC
can't really say about marks, some schools have easier internal assessments than others etc

your rank is a better indicator (in addition to school rank somewhat) as to what atar you are looking at

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
I think my ranks were around:

English 8/54
Maths 5/45
Economics 5/16
Legal 2/20
Modern 1/30
SOR 4/90

School rank was around 280.
What was your externals marks XD?? or your overall bands??

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
1st in everything except English where I was 2nd for all of them.

Internal marks were 80+, though it means nothing due to moderation.

theycallmebob

HSC
1st in everything except English where I was 2nd for all of them.

Internal marks were 80+, though it means nothing due to moderation.
but the marks determine your rank right?

what is the moderation process - how will low performing students affect me in this process?

if i go to a bad school would my chances of getting an ATAR of 99 decrease due to moderation? i know this has to do with rank and stuff, but would it be better to go to a higher performing school?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

what is the moderation process - how will low performing students affect me in this process?

if i go to a bad school would my chances of getting an ATAR of 99 decrease due to moderation? i know this has to do with rank and stuff, but would it be better to go to a higher performing school?
Marks determine rank, yes.

Moderation you can look it up on the Board of Studies website. Moderation basically enables all people to be compared - so it doesn't really matter if you go to a good school or not, it all depends on how you go in the HSC itself.

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
I got band 6's in Legal, Maths, SOR and Modern. In advanced and eco I got mid-band 5's.
oo nice XD...

do you remember what your internal marks handed to bos ?? im scared cos my internal marks are not that good for a band 6 in my subjects except eco/ancient T.T and yeah i know they will be moderated but still :(

enoilgam

HSC

This is how BOS explains the process of moderation http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/hsc-results/moderation.html. Other than being used to determine your ranks and the relative gaps between each students, raw percentages are irrelevant in the moderation process.

Dr No

Banned
HSC
N/A
oo nice XD...

do you remember what your internal marks handed to bos ?? im scared cos my internal marks are not that good for a band 6 in my subjects except eco/ancient T.T and yeah i know they will be moderated but still :(
hey don't worry. You won't fail too much :D

enoilgam

HSC
oo nice XD...

do you remember what your internal marks were sorry ?? im scared cos my internal marks are not that good for a band 6 T.T and yeah i know they will be moderated but still :(
From memory:

English 87/100
Maths 92/100
Economics 87/100
Legal 91/100
Modern 92/100
SOR 44/50

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
This is how BOS explains the process of moderation http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/hsc-results/moderation.html. Other than being used to determine your ranks and the relative gaps between each students, raw percentages are irrelevant in the moderation process.
oh right cool XD... ty again Enoil :).

cos im trying to aim band 6 for

english, business, ancient and eco XDDD and just really worried hehe , yay for moderation!!!!

@Enoil

wow nice internal marks XD.. (sigh wish i did well for maths since yr 11)

enoilgam

HSC
oh right cool XD... ty again Enoil :).

cos im trying to aim band 6 for

english, business, ancient and eco XDDD and just really worried hehe , yay for moderation!!!!

@Enoil

wow nice internal marks XD.. (sigh wish i did well for maths since yr 11)
Yeh my internal marks pulled me up a bit, even though I went to an average school.

theycallmebob

HSC
so in general, is moderation a boost in your internal marks if your generally above most other students?

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeh my internal marks pulled me up a bit, even though I went to an average school.
which rank school????

i think my internal marks are considerably alright around 80's for most and 90 for eco (really close to 1st XD for 4 subjects so i have pretty good people around me woot woot in my cohort , hope this can benefit me in hsc). sigh at my ranks though they've been fluctuating all year round, 1st then 2nd and 3rd numerous times =.=....

hope i can get into lawww school woot woot XD

enoilgam

HSC
which rank school????

i think my internal marks are considerably alright around 80's for most and 90 for eco (really close to 1st XD for 4 subjects so i have pretty good people around me woot woot in my cohort , hope this can benefit me in hsc). sigh at my ranks though they've been fluctuating all year round, 1st then 2nd and 3rd numerous times =.=....

hope i can get into lawww school woot woot XD
I think it was in the 280's or 290's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)