HSC
=) I got 1/3 of mine today.

It really hurt.

And it still does.

=(

cccclaire

HSC
I'm getting mine in a few weeks.
I hate vaccination days, millions of girls running round screaming and crying about a tiny needle.

bassqueen16

HSC
sif care about school girls if they're gonna complain and whinge about it, what about all the ppl over 18 who actually ARE active and more likely to have HPV? They have to wait until July or something :S And i dont even think its free then...

cccclaire

HSC
bassqueen16 said:
sif care about school girls if they're gonna complain and whinge about it, what about all the ppl over 18 who actually ARE active and more likely to have HPV? They have to wait until July or something :S And i dont even think its free then...
If you already have HPV, theres no point in getting vaccinated for it.
The point of the vaccination is to target girls before they're sexually active.

MCaristo

HSC
cccclaire said:
If you already have HPV, theres no point in getting vaccinated for it.
The point of the vaccination is to target girls before they're sexually active.
There isn't just one HPV virus. The vaccine targets types 16 and 18 which are mainly cervical cancer and 6 and 11 wich mainly cause genital warts. Therefore even if someone already has HPV, chances are they don't have all four types so the vaccine will still be partially useful.

My sister had it two days ago and she can't lift her arm :D

And yeah, Gardasil is THE most expensive vaccine ever created!

MCaristo

HSC
Well, if she makes sure she never sleeps with anyone who has slept with anyone before, then she'll be ok. And big brother will be watching her....:)

HSC
N/A
hpv...human papilloma virus........ oh. genital warts.....
MCaristo said:
There isn't just one HPV virus.
uh yeh...... they're a group of virus................ if you're preventing ~70% and 90% of cervical cancers and g. warts, then good job, Government

perhaps no one should do anything stupid, or something, rather than this?

shouldn't guys get this as well?

careee

HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
hpv...human papilloma virus........ oh. genital warts.....
uh yeh...... they're a group of virus................ if you're preventing ~70% and 90% of cervical cancers and g. warts, then good job, Government

perhaps no one should do anything stupid, or something, rather than this?

shouldn't guys get this as well?
guy's aren't special LOL. what's the point of giving it to a guy when they have no chances of getting cervical cancer? i think it's more targeted at chicks.

the govt is spending 40 mill on vaccinating yr 10, 11 and 12 girls. so hats off to them. i hope i don't suffer too harshly from post-needle aches -__-#

sleepplease

HSC
Yes guys SHOULD get this for two reasons.

1. HPV can cause penial cancer in guys (less common than the incidence of cervical cancer, but none the less important)

2. Guys can pass it on. If they are vaccinated they wont be able to get it and give it to unvaccinated partners.

EDIT: is isnt available free for guys yet because its effectivity on penial cancer hasnat been fully tested, and because the incidence of penial cancer is so much less common. However, point number 2, IMO is sufficent a reason to get guys vaccinated.

HSC
N/A
you can get anal cancer, dudeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, regardless of gender/sex!!!!!!!!!!
srly; no joke.

Artemis.

HSC
simonloo said:
Boys don't get it right?
Nope, lucky for them. Unless you have a cervix.

But yeah, I get my first one on Friday. After hearing that it hurts, I'm not looking forward to it!

HSC
N/A
Artemis. said:
Nope, lucky for them. Unless you have a cervix.
BUT BOTH GENDERS CAN GET CANCERS OF ALL SORTS, PROMINENT AMONG WHICH IS ANAL/COLORECTAL CANCER... oh, and gay men, who have gay buttsecks. eWwW.
Artemis. said:
Nope, lucky for them.
How so 'lucky'?

sleepplease

HSC
Lucid Scintilla despite your immature phrasing, you're right, anal cancer is a possible risk. Thus it's my opinion that both males and females should get the vaccination. However, evidently, it is believed that the risks of cancer developing are sufficiently low for a vaccination to not be required. It all comes down to funding.

HSC
N/A
Immature phrasing? Oh, you flatter.:p
Such are forums.

"It is believed"? By whom is it believed? Why so is it believed? 'Sufficiently low' is flawed, not to mention. sleepplease, despite your immaculate syntax and all-penetrating discernment, you're right; it's all comes down to funding.

So, if and only if this vaccination is more or less mandatory, what do you think of it? Oh yes, the morals of vaccinating young adults without consent (if and only if)?
I think that this is quite a breakthrough in science, which incredulously an Australian discovered, though this is only one matter rather resolved that would otherwise plague humanity.

sleepplease

HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
Immature phrasing? Oh, you flatter.:p
Such are forums.

"It is believed"? By whom is it believed? Why so is it believed? 'Sufficiently low' is flawed, not to mention. sleepplease, despite your immaculate syntax and all-penetrating discernment, you're right; it's all comes down to funding.

So, if and only if this vaccination is more or less mandatory, what do you think of it? Oh yes, the morals of vaccinating young adults without consent (if and only if)?
I think that this is quite a breakthrough in science, which incredulously an Australian discovered, though this is only one matter rather resolved that would otherwise plague humanity.
The vaccine is not mandatory. Several girls in my grade refused it and parental consent is required.

It is believed by those standardising the vaccination that the possibility of contracting those forms of cancers are so low that a vaccination would not be worth it. Obviously - or they would issue the vaccinations to boys.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
I'm getting mine soon I think. I should really remember to give it in. ><"

But our teachers said it wasn't our decision to whether we had it or not. They said it was our parents and all. Damn teachers, think they know everything ! But yes, yay ! Bring on the pain.

Btw, do you get to choose which arm ? LOL :p

sleepplease

HSC
sle3pe3bumz said:
I'm getting mine soon I think. I should really remember to give it in. ><"

But our teachers said it wasn't our decision to whether we had it or not. They said it was our parents and all. Damn teachers, think they know everything ! But yes, yay ! Bring on the pain.

Btw, do you get to choose which arm ? LOL :p

Yes. Most commonly they'll ask what arm you write iwth and put it in the opposite. however, you can tell them which you'd prefer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)