HPV Vaccinations (1 Viewer)

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
FugitiveGirl said:
But if it's a new vaccine, then doesn't that mean that the government/medical people don't know about the vaccine's long-term side effects?
there isnt any evidence to say long term side effects will occur... one "side effect" is the lost of immunity after 10-20 yrs is possible.. as with TB type vaccines.

but the amount saved would be far better than wat we spent on it :p

SunkistAngel

HSC
JFK said:
Fuck women are REALLY weak. I got my injections at school and I was like 'yeah whatever' and continued to be manly.

Seriously though, I kept punching the spot where they injected it and it hurt, yeah, but I can take it. So fuck y'all.

Seriously, you're all goddamn weak fucks.
It is ignorant people like U, JFK, who women could really do without!
People react to vaccinations in many different ways and your 'being ok punching of the arm' is not the standardised treatment or reaction all our bodies follow! Genuine reactions are more common than you think, consider yourself lucky you do not suffer from that, and be more understanding of others who do have a longer recovery time than you regardless of whether you ever do or not

goosiegoo

HSC
Well, if we all die in 40 years time from long term side effects atleast we'll all die together. :D

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
SunkistAngel said:
It is ignorant people like U, JFK, who women could really do without!
People react to vaccinations in many different ways and your 'being ok punching of the arm' is not the standardised treatment or reaction all our bodies follow! Genuine reactions are more common than you think, consider yourself lucky you do not suffer from that, and be more understanding of others who do have a longer recovery time than you regardless of whether you ever do or not
i think that its not fair ure saying that.. how many ppl find out they have cervical cancer a yr in australia?

SunkistAngel

HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
i think that its not fair ure saying that.. how many ppl find out they have cervical cancer a yr in australia?
i dont really understand what your trying to get out but to answer ur question i went to cancercouncil.com.au and found this
al Cancer
Incidence and mortality rates: NSW

• There were 256 women diagnosed with cervical cancer in NSW in 2004.
  • 77 women died of cervical cancer in NSW in 2004.
  • Based on 2004 figures 1 in 192 NSW women will develop cervical cancer by the age of 75.
  • Cervical cancer is the sixteenth most common cancer in women in NSW.
so, numbers may seem small, however the number of lives of people and families it affects is alot more.
in terms of people suffering more when they have the atcual disease not the vaccinatiuon reaction yes i get that, however, that is unfair to say that people must put on a brave face when they are in any kind of pain. Of course more pain is worse and they have 'more of a right', but no human wants this and people also deal with pain and trauma differently, so i hope that people won't judge, particularly because you can Never judge how much pain someone is going through from the outside, you have to look inside and even then you can get the wrong idea
I'm just saying be understanding :) then we can all learn So much from each other :)

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
the numbers just dun seem small..

they are small it reflects a successful pap smear program

im weary that ppl will stop doing their pap smears and rely on the vaccine.. when it only covers 90%... the 10% is not in the vaccine..

SunkistAngel

HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
the numbers just dun seem small..

they are small it reflects a successful pap smear program

im weary that ppl will stop doing their pap smears and rely on the vaccine.. when it only covers 90%... the 10% is not in the vaccine..
thats true, but along with this campaign is education on how important continuing to have regular pap smears are. It is great that now with two ways to fight the cancer, when used together it is alot more effective and thats the idea :) Proper education programs to inform women that they need both should be successful.

cupcake08

HSC
.ShAkEdOwN. said:
my 2nd one is on thursday
im not worried
i didnt die the first time so i should be alright
haha
im the opposite
i was fine before the first one, because i was like hey, its just an injection it wont hurt that much
but that one hurt heaps (lol yeah women are weak) so now im not looking forward to the next one at all:(

sanshi

colour my world
HSC
N/A
Had mine on mon wasnt as bad as i thought it would be heard all sorts of stuff people say that it hurts etc
its just like a normal needle , my arm is fine
jst relax and dnt get your arm all tensed up while they are injecting it

x.glam

HSC
this vacc hurt like helllah.. but i guess it'd be worth it right??! err

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
I am going to get mine next week. So is it more than one needle?
I'm terrified. I hate needles. I fainted when I got my upper ear pierced.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)