HSC 2013 Streetboy's Forum- Mathsematics Extension 2 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Streetboy

HSC
N/A
Hey guys, ;)

I am new to this forum, I these questions from the Mathematics ext Half yearly thread just now. I think some dude posted them named Omed62. They questions seem to be one of the most common half yearly questions. Even I struggled with them... Have you guys tried them yet... I got stack on them. How do you do them?

Q1. In how many ways can three groups of three numerals be chosen without replacement from the nine numerals 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 ?

A) 84
B) 80
C) 504
D) 1680

Q2. In how many ways can a group of three letters be chosen without replacement from the nine letters of the world AUSTRALIA?

A) 14
B) 28
C) 42
D) 84

Q3. In an Argand diagram the vectors OP and OQ represent the complex numbers z and w repectively such that Triangle OPQ is equilateral.
What is an expression for z^2 +w^2.

A) -2zw
B) -zw
c) zw
D) 2zw

Q4. if z^n-1= (z-1)(z-w)(z-w^2)...(z-w^n-2)(z-w^n-1). what is the value of (1-w)(1-w^2)...(1-w^n-2)(1-w^n-1).

A) 0
B) 1
C) n-1
D) n

Aysce

HSC
All the time wasted on trying to get other users to do your assignment could've been dedicated to learning the actual content and applying the knowledge yourself. Even if you get someone to do your assignment, I can assure you that come the 4u HSC exam, you will be absolutely destroyed.

Good day.

Streetboy

HSC
N/A
Guys I mean the above questions

btw way they are not my questions... I found from another thread... just need help with them..

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
Hey guys, ;)

I am new to this forum, I these questions from the Mathematics ext Half yearly thread just now. I think some dude posted them named Omed62. They questions seem to be one of the most common half yearly questions. Even I struggled with them... Have you guys tried them yet... I got stack on them. How do you do them?

Q1. In how many ways can three groups of three numerals be chosen without replacement from the nine numerals 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 ?

A) 84
B) 80
C) 504
D) 1680

Q2. In how many ways can a group of three letters be chosen without replacement from the nine letters of the world AUSTRALIA?

A) 14
B) 28
C) 42
D) 84

Q3. In an Argand diagram the vectors OP and OQ represent the complex numbers z and w repectively such that Triangle OPQ is equilateral.

A) -2zw
B) -zw
c) zw
D) 2zw

Q4. if z^n-1= (z-1)(z-w)(z-w^2)...(z-w^n-2)(z-w^n-1). what is the value of (1-w)(1-w^2)...(1-w^n-2)(1-w^n-1).

A) 0
B) 1
C) n-1
D) n
Sure bro, the answers are:

C, A, E, B

Post some more of these grate questions, they are much apraciated!

Streetboy

HSC
N/A
Sure bro, the answers are:

C, A, E, B

Post some more of these grate questions, they are much apraciated!
There is no E As the MC answer, how would get E. if you think your answers are right... explain how you got them.

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
Hey guys, ;)

A) 84
B) 80
C) 504
D) 1680

A) 14
B) 28
C) 42
D) 84

A) -2zw
B) -zw
c) zw
D) 2zw

A) 0
B) 1
C) n-1
D) n
using the skills i gained in the maths seminar yesterday i can say that they are all A

Streetboy

HSC
N/A
guys this is not the place to talk shit... I amde this thread for those who can answer the above questions. if you cant answer them please stop wasting time here. go post somewhere your comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)