HSC Advanced English Paper 2 Thoughts (2 Viewers)

MrGresh

HSC
omgg, i just got told that mod A was an ‘to what extent’ question, meaning we did not have to agree with the statement?? please tell me i’m not the only one that agreed with that statement.. I SPENT MY READING TIME TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHY THEY WANTED ME TO BC IT WAS HARD TO ARGUE FOR IT :(
Yep, it was. I thought for my texts (Hughes + Plath) there was a fairly convincing argument to agree with the statement.

Either way, it's done now!

forstudyingg

HSC
N/A
Yep, it was. I thought for my texts (Hughes + Plath) there was a fairly convincing argument to agree with the statement.

Either way, it's done now!
Oh, I see :(. My texts were Tempest/Hagseed which I found quite difficult to argue for :(. I hope this doesn't cost me a lot of marks since imaginative writing was also another weak area of mine

MrGresh

HSC
Oh, I see :(. My texts were Tempest/Hagseed which I found quite difficult to argue for :(. I hope this doesn't cost me a lot of marks since imaginative writing was also another weak area of mine
Yeah, honestly nothing much we can do now. If u still wrote a coherent essay with good analysis then obv youll still be picking up a good chunk of the marks.

The nice thing about now is that those mysterious marks are going into the magical NESA/UAC scaling machine and we will never see them :)

I'm very happy I wont need to see my mod c response/mark ever again haha

HSC
omgg, i just got told that mod A was an ‘to what extent’ question, meaning we did not have to agree with the statement?? please tell me i’m not the only one that agreed with that statement.. I SPENT MY READING TIME TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHY THEY WANTED ME TO BC IT WAS HARD TO ARGUE FOR IT :(
yea i disagreed with it! but i know plenty of people that agreed with it

shashysha

HSC
yeah some people disagreed with it but i said it was correct to some extent and i argued for and against, hopefully that works out

forstudyingg

HSC
N/A
yea i disagreed with it! but i know plenty of people that agreed with it
Oh okay! That's a bit reassuring but I still feel like the arguments to disagree with the statement would grant you much higher marks - or at least, easier to argue for :/

forstudyingg

HSC
N/A
yeah some people disagreed with it but i said it was correct to some extent and i argued for and against, hopefully that works out
hopefully, it does. I'm quite disappointed in that section now that I feel my arguments were weak :(

MrGresh

HSC
Oh okay! That's a bit reassuring but I still feel like the arguments to disagree with the statement would grant you much higher marks - or at least, easier to argue for :/
Depends completely based on the text, really.

And if you do hughes and plath, how much you hate hughes.

forstudyingg

HSC
N/A
yeah i think my mod A was my weakest even though its been my strongest throughout the year, it is what it is now lol we can only focus on our other exams now!
yeah, I guess. good luck with your other exams though! :)

大きい男

HSC
I've read a lot of people's 'reviews' of the Module B question (Eliot) and they are all saying that they wrote about poems X and Y. I had analysis from all five of them and wrote more thematic paragraphs, like paralysis, decay etc. My teacher would always talk about 'Eliot's suite of poetry' and say that it's good to 'dip in' to multiple poems, so I was under the impression that this was the more common way of analysing the poems, but apparently not? Can someone please reassure me that this approach is valid. I was really confident going into mod B as I got 19 in my trial (same method, only 3 poems) and now I'm perplexed.

De.Broigle

HSC
I've read a lot of people's 'reviews' of the Module B question (Eliot) and they are all saying that they wrote about poems X and Y. I had analysis from all five of them and wrote more thematic paragraphs, like paralysis, decay etc. My teacher would always talk about 'Eliot's suite of poetry' and say that it's good to 'dip in' to multiple poems, so I was under the impression that this was the more common way of analysing the poems, but apparently not? Can someone please reassure me that this approach is valid. I was really confident going into mod B as I got 19 in my trial (same method, only 3 poems) and now I'm perplexed.
Depends on the marker. Could end badly or well.

jojosiwa123

HSC
I did the same although I focused on mainly magi, prufrock and hollow men, I included snipets from the entire suite cus same my teacher told me that too. If u want I can send you a sample from last year that did exactly what you did and ended up in the exemplar booklet lol

jojosiwa123

HSC
guys wtf did you actually end up writing for mod c? I wrote about death and now im so mad at myself lol I genuinely didn't even realise it was a fcking cliche until I left the exam and my english teachers words echoed in my mind "don't EVER write about death, relationships or drug use!"
big oopsies...every second kid in the fking state wrote about that omg

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
guys wtf did you actually end up writing for mod c? I wrote about death and now im so mad at myself lol I genuinely didn't even realise it was a fcking cliche until I left the exam and my english teachers words echoed in my mind "don't EVER write about death, relationships or drug use!"
It did literally say death in like the first line tho unless I'm making it up. I thought you had to write about death

jojosiwa123

HSC
It did literally say death in like the first line tho unless I'm making it up. I thought you had to write about death
"Some things are unknowable. A person's secret may be revealed by the things they leave behind, but what are they, those supposedly uncovered secrets? They are words, ideas...dry and dead as dust."
I felt like the focus was supposed to be the 'secrets' part but 2020 cohort is so depressed they decided to clutch onto the death part... genuinely every single person on fb had the darkest stories about death omg.
someone also pointed out that writing about death could be triggering for the marker which makes me feel so bad ugh

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
"Some things are unknowable. A person's secret may be revealed by the things they leave behind, but what are they, those supposedly uncovered secrets? They are words, ideas...dry and dead as dust."
I felt like the focus was supposed to be the 'secrets' part but 2020 cohort is so depressed they decided to clutch onto the death part... genuinely every single person on fb had the darkest stories about death omg.
someone also pointed out that writing about death could be triggering for the marker which makes me feel so bad ugh
Yeah clearly I didn't read it very carefully but I feel that it is hard to come up with something original on the spot like that anyway. Mine was a very unique setting tho which might help but idk we'll see on the 18th of december

shashysha

HSC
i wrote some metafiction about some guy who loses his father's literature in a fire but embraces the secrets of his father which reside in his soul?? no idea but i finished it and im happy lol

jojosiwa123

HSC
Yeah clearly I didn't read it very carefully but I feel that it is hard to come up with something original on the spot like that anyway. Mine was a very unique setting tho which might help but idk we'll see on the 18th of december
i wrote some metafiction about some guy who loses his father's literature in a fire but embraces the secrets of his father which reside in his soul?? no idea but i finished it and im happy lol
yeah mine was in a unique setting as well, I guess it doesn't matter then since ur right the stimulus kinda implied death...
and ur absolutely right again no use fixating about it, we'll find out in a few weeks!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)