hsc advanced english (1 Viewer)

jacksonsteele

HSC
Hi! i was wondering if people could give me an outline of all the hsc advanced english exams and what they can involve - just started year 12 but would like to know what im getting into haha

icycledough

HSC
So there's 2 exams you will have to do: Paper 1 and Paper 2

Paper 1 consists of short answer questions (which is 4-6 texts; can be pictures, essays, narratives, newspaper articles, etc) and there will be questions I've seen ranging from 1 to 8 marks. So obviously the amount of marks dictates how much you write and the detail you go into. You want to link your answers to the module, which is on texts and human experiences. There is also an essay as the second part, which will be on your prescribed text (once again, the question will be related to the syllabus or could even be specific on your text, for e.g character specific or theme specific). This paper is 1.5 hours long

Paper 2 consists of 3 modules: Module A (Textual Conversations, where you will have 2 prescribed texts; can be poems, a movie, novel, etc), Module B (Critical Study of Literature) and Module C (Craft of Writing). This paper is 2 hours long for the 3 essays. Note in Module C that there are different forms you can choose to incorporate; discursive, imaginative, persuasive, etc. The question could ask you to write in any style, which everyone prefers, or they may force you to adhere to one specific form, which can be very difficult if you aren't used to all the potential styles.

There's much more information on the English syllabus which I've attached below for your benefits

Attachments

jacksonsteele

HSC
very helpful thanks heaps! i struggle writing one essay in 40 mins atm 3 is going to be a challenge hahaha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)