HSC and Family Pressure/Expectations (1 Viewer)

Do u have family expectations to live up to

• Yes (from who in family in particular)

Votes: 115 57.5%
  • No (god i hate u lol jkz lucky people)

Votes: 85 42.5%

• Total voters

Sladeray1

HSC
Re: How many people are in the situation of having to live up to famil expectations

when i didnt dropout and continued onto year 8 everyone was satisfied

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
Re: How many people are in the situation of having to live up to famil expectations

mynamewastaken said:
i have a lot of pressure, but no one tells me that, but you know how you just know? its because ive gotten dux of every year of my schooling life (i swear everyone else is just stupid, no effort required), but this year i either a) had a brain tumour b) got lazy c) stopped caring. so im not going as well as everyone expects me to. and now im just hoping i get a 74 to get into an arts course, so i can switch courses later... argh. cant wait til the whole family and entire world are like, ...shit, you didnt get dux? will be real fun.
I dont get it when people try really hard in like year 7 and 8 when it doesnt count, and then giving up when they get to year 12 when it actually does

inter108

HSC

I have immense Pressure on myself.

I need University i was born for it LMAO

Not much pressure from Rents

But i do not like Tafe.

davOmeter

HSC

my1stpost said:
I'm asian and parents expect maximum 80 lol :shy:
90+ or there goes my eggroll.

DaveYoung

Awesome
HSC

No pressure at all.
Not going to uni or tafe, or getting a job or anything and everything is going exactly to plan. :)

HSC

my dad's dead (he was lenient);
mum expects 100% in EVERYTHING, and even then she's not happy.
ergo, my hsc has gone to the dumps lololololol *bashes head against desk*

she's not even remotely intellectual - she likes to kid herself. >_<

proringz

HSC

Nope, not really as I'm the oldest child. But I do somewhat, have an expectation to get certain marks.

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC

zxcvbee said:
Im not doing the hsc for anyone else but me i think thats the only way, cos the most important prson i will be letting down if i dont do well, is myself.
wow you just totally inspired me. like, i have no pressure from my parents because i've always done well at school and compared to my brother and sister (both younger, i'm the eldest), they are just happy that i put effort into school at all! but like, i've never though to myself "i'm doing the hsc for me, for my life" kinda thing before...i'm not sure who i thought i was doing it for before i read that...haha. i feel all optimistic and empowered and motivated now. does this even make sense?
either way, i feel better now :)

Last edited:

4jess7lov

HSC

for me its more my cousins who we are all rly close with (cause i have no siblings)... one got 100...one got 99.85 one got 99.80 and one got 97.20 haha so yeh my rents r like u can easily do what they did...lol

wLym

HSC

There is no pressure, just disappointment. My parents are pretty cool with whatever i get because they know ive done my best regarding the circumstances because we know year 12 is never a perfect experience for anybody. But ye, the expectation is there, and not meeting expectations leaves room for a lot of disappointment, guilt and i will probably have to do a lot of soul searching after the hsc (if i dont do well that is lol). I feel I got a lot of people on my back with expectations, so ye, there is pressure definitely.

wazza.wins

HSC

both sisters got 98.85 and 95, yet my parents know ill get nowhere near that caliber, so they arent pressuring me, its up to me to do as best i can.
id be wrapped with 85

daddy-cool

HSC

rentz hope ill get into syd uni, get over 80.25, but buz studies was fcuked 2day it was damn hard and tricky, the signs arnt gud, but english is awesome, \\\ hahahahaha

fcuk da hataz

ps: all d best 2 da dumb asses out dere,,,

u need it hahahahahahh:D :jaw:

lauraamarie

HSC

i have to get into univeristy or i don't get put in my mothers will.

i win

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC

Brother- 96+
Cousin bout the same
No pressure my parents just want me to do my best bout it, plus im going in with a twin so, if there was pressure if would be to beat her

jasonml

jay son em el
HSC

i have 11 University degrees in my immediate family, all from USyd.

thats:

mum - 3
dad - 2
grandpop - 2
granny - 2 + 1phd
Opa - 1

plus numerous aunties and uncles. and my great-gradfather had a building there named after him.

if i dont get in, apparently they're disowning me.

liam9519

HSC

I dont understand the notion of parents pressuring their kids to get into uni

Mine gave me direction here and there, but really it was my own choice to try in the hsc

I could've just as easily said fuck off

But, you know, I wanna know I tried my best. whatever comes of that is sweet as.

Pikachu.

HSC
N/A

always getting compared to family members like my cousin brothers, anyone related to me on everything, not just academically but ... everything i cant emphasize that enough you most likely have to be Asian to understand + if you dont live up to their expectations, trust me they will remember it and haunt you at every family reunion :mad:

jessticles!

HSC

Neither of my parents went to a conventional university. Mum went to the Conservatorium of Music and Dad did a cadetship. They both were "requested to attend".

Me, I'll be lucky to get into my last preference, let alone be requested to attend a uni.

But they keep telling me "You're a winner at life already. Even if you are a losesr in the HSC, you're a winner in life." pfft, whatever.

sarah.ireland

HSC

friction said:
They only go in 0.05 intervals so nice BS story.
hey hey he prob hit the 9 instead of the 0. does happen. be nice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)