• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HSC Assessments- Thoughts/Results (1 Viewer)

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
Did a business studies test yesterday worth 10% of school mark

20 marks multiple choice and 20 marks short answer

got the multiple choice marks back today- i got 18/20 with the highest being 19/20 and lowest being 14/20.

But i reckon i went shockin in the last section cos it was all 5 mark questions based on Qantas

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
sando said:
Did a business studies test yesterday worth 10% of school mark

20 marks multiple choice and 20 marks short answer

got the multiple choice marks back today- i got 18/20 with the highest being 19/20 and lowest being 14/20.

But i reckon i went shockin in the last section cos it was all 5 mark questions based on Qantas
lowest 14/20?

Wow, hard working class.

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
Got Business exam back. 46.5/50 (1st).
Two silly mistakes, two teacher's mistakes, so shoulda get 48/50...:D

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
XcarvengerX said:
Got Business exam back. 46.5/50 (1st).
Two silly mistakes, two teacher's mistakes, so shoulda get 48/50...:D
Yep. Ask your teacher if you could change it.

Stopsign

HSC
N/A
I had to create a preliminary HSC version of this thread.

I'm wondering if that in a mathematics extension 2 exam, is time always as against you as it is in English?
I did raise the point that the HSC exams are found by most to be unfinishable.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
ScottyG said:
lowest 14/20?

Wow, hard working class.

It was only on 1 topic: Business and Change

so i was expecting everyone to pass, but once we get the short answers back there will be some fails. i'm hopin for at 12/20 in that section to give me 30/40 overall

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
i got 18/20 for my history extenstion logbook. easy marks that made up 20% of my assessment mark XD

karoooh

HSC
OMG! YAY!

Damn you! Maybe our late night convo helped... I am so helpful!

Congratulations! :p

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
karoooh said:
OMG! YAY!

Damn you! Maybe our late night convo helped... I am so helpful!

Congratulations! :p
yeah i think it did help as i was really reluctant to finish it as there was so much left haha anyways thanks dude !

Riviet

HSC
N/A
MX2 - 19/32, ranked about 9th out of 12, not too happy with it.

By the way, congrats Dennis with your hist-ex log book! =D

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
aw. dw riv. wat is it on? conic? *hate conics*

@ den: fab mark dude! =) and i thot caro supose to be "BUSY DAMMIT" every nite? hmm.. >_>

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Stopsign said:
I'm wondering if that in a mathematics extension 2 exam, is time always as against you as it is in English?
I did raise the point that the HSC exams are found by most to be unfinishable.
Time is the devil in MX2, 3hrs is not enough; it would still be a rush if you had the full solutions with you and were copying them down in 3 hrs, well maybe not a rush, but you get the idea how tight it is.

mitsui - yeah it was on curve sketching and a bit of conics. I actually stuffed up the curve sketching bit, conics was fine actually.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Riviet said:
Time is the devil in MX2, 3hrs is not enough; it would still be a rush if you had the full solutions with you and were copying them down in 3 hrs, well maybe not a rush, but you get the idea how tight it is.

mitsui - yeah it was on curve sketching and a bit of conics. I actually stuffed up the curve sketching bit, conics was fine actually.
how long was the assessment you just did? anyway keep your head up dude ! im sure your gonna kill every other mx2 assessment/exam =]

@jing: hehe thanks ! and btw i msged her first at like 12 LOL.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
The assessment was only 40 minutes, and we had 4 questions, which was a rush for me, I needed more time so badly! Even the teacher said I could have done better lol, need to work much harder for the half yearlies.

P

pLuvia

We won't be having any more assessments till the half yearlies, since you need at least 2 weeks notices before one

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
Riviet said:
The assessment was only 40 minutes, and we had 4 questions, which was a rush for me, I needed more time so badly! Even the teacher said I could have done better lol, need to work much harder for the half yearlies.
i hate short tests. myself started to rush thru 4u tests now
b4 i usually sleep during maths tests. =\

P

pLuvia

In short tests I just do the questions in order, then first time through the test if I can't think of what the method of doing the question is in about 5 or 10 secs I skip it straight away leave some space and go onto the next one. By the time I go through the test once, I will usually have half or something of the time left, and I always/usually get the answer to the previous ones :D

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Riviet said:
Short tests are a bastard. You have to rush in the first place, and then you don't have time at the end to go back and check things. I was so glad we weren't too time challenged in our 3U trig test - I had time to go back and redo two questions that I completely stuffed up the first time.

You know what you have to do from now, so I won't bother saying it, but I'm sure you'll pick that rank right back up. :)

I_F

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)