HSC Assessments- Thoughts/Results (1 Viewer)

P

pLuvia

Some schools make their students do the 2unit tests incase they "fail" 4u and drop back down to 3unit, just so they have some marks that go to the HSC

But at my school we don't have to, only the major tests like half yearly, trials etc

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Just in case i drop 4u, i'll be able to use my 2u marks that i got throughout the year (hopefully i won't XD). I treat it like a warm up for my other two maths assessments. :D

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
At our school we do that. Sorry, Riviet, doing 4u maths, you cant count that ranked 1st/ 100% 2u mark.
But by the trials, you should have a very good idea of what subjects you will be doing for the hsc.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Hey riviet, did you study for 2u maths?
100%- good backup if you fall back.
But you said you did bad in 3u. Thats gonna be counted whether you do 3u or 4u maths in total.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Yeah, it'll be very handy if i decide to drop to 2u to maximise my uai. I soughta revised for 2 unit, nailed it in 25 minutes, with 20 minutes to spare. I'm happy that i'm good with my basics, and i'm usually higher up in the ranks for 3u, I just wasn't in form. Next time i will make a comeback! ;)

ane_st

HSC
i have one more to go.. my Extension history project proposal.. worth 5%...so far ive gotten:
CAFS(Groups In Context): 19/20
VA (VAPD): 18/20
VA (Case study: Bill Henson): 18/20
English(Adv): 18/20
Modern History (Speech: ww1): 13/20 (i got 8/10 for my info but 5/10 for my presentation.. lol)
i gotta get my maths(2un) marks back now.. im not sure how i did.. i made simple mistakes.. thats annoying..

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
ane_st said:
i have one more to go.. my Extension history project proposal.. worth 5%...so far ive gotten:
CAFS(Groups In Context): 19/20
VA (VAPD): 18/20
VA (Case study: Bill Henson): 18/20
English(Adv): 18/20
Modern History (Speech: ww1): 13/20 (i got 8/10 for my info but 5/10 for my presentation.. lol)
i gotta get my maths(2un) marks back now.. im not sure how i did.. i made simple mistakes.. thats annoying..
only 5%? my one was worth 20% ... btw nice start =)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
okay:
drama - 39/40 (97.5%) :D :p
history - not getting it back until next year, but im guessing around 80-85%
bio - still pending. expecting either 90's or high 80's (hopefully)

i had my ext. eng assessment today. not sure how i will fare...i prepared as well as i could, but a couple of the questions threw me off, like we hadnt really looked at those sorts of things in class etc. plus i didnt like the extract she chose to give us for it. but what can you do. i guess it will work out okay eventually.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
I just got my Mathematics 2 Unit Assessment Task 1 back today. I got 61/63 which is about 97%. The highest (that I know of) was 62/63 which is about 98%. Too bad it won't count :(, because I don't want to drop Extension 2 since I'm finding it pretty interesting right now. Now, as for the Extension 1 Assessment Task, I don't want it back! I don't want my Extension 2 topic test (non-assessment) back either! I know I screwed some or heaps of bits up...:(.
It's funny to see that some Mathematics Extension 2 people got like 40-50/63 in the 2 unit exam. They claimed that they didn't study at all because it won't count and expected it to be a piece of cake anyway....lol
Still waiting for English as well, but I suspect I won't get it back untill next year because there are shitloads of essays to be marked and most of the english staff at my school are lazy anyway.....

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Trebla said:
I just got my Mathematics 2 Unit Assessment Task 1 back today. I got 61/63 which is about 97%. The highest (that I know of) was 62/63 which is about 98%. Too bad it won't count :(, because I don't want to drop Extension 2 since I'm finding it pretty interesting right now. Now, as for the Extension 1 Assessment Task, I don't want it back! I don't want my Extension 2 topic test (non-assessment) back either! I know I screwed some or heaps of bits up...:(.
I am in a similar scenario as you, but i got 100% in my 2u, and yeah it sucks that it totally doesn't count to UAI. I might consider dropping to 2u if it's for the better UAI, but 4u is sooo challenging and interesting at the same time!

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Riviet said:
I am in a similar scenario as you, but i got 100% in my 2u, and yeah it sucks that it totally doesn't count to UAI. I might consider dropping to 2u if it's for the better UAI, but 4u is sooo challenging and interesting at the same time!
maths interesting? O_O i dunt get a single thing in maths and im doing general bleh hehe !

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
can you still drop down and obtain that 2u mark say like after your trials? incase you stuff up? (not saying you would)

P

pLuvia

It depends what the topic of the test is, in my case if it were probability I would suck so hard :p

Hemi

HSC
im doing my last assessment now. its for v.art *shudder*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)