HSC becomes a reality (2 Viewers)

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
stazi said:
Why would you need a scanner? This is an online blog, thus we would like to see what kind of entry you can write using the internet (although, I suppose it could be creative if you have a hand-written online blog)
I thought she was referring to the written parental consent needed to enter the competition

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: FAQ - personal information

transcendent said:
PS: What if they are BOS famous and get votes based on how popular they are on BOS?
Well, the more votes the better then hey?
I imagine people will go to great lengths to get votes :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Re: FAQ - personal information

lol, maybe they will become famous bosers

lala2

Banned
HSC
Yeah, great idea, except you guys have chucked a Friendster and now a reality (blog) show. Someone in the PR section is working overtime, but seriously, some good ideas coming up! Maybe UniBlog should be next up! Oh, btw does the blog include VCE candidates?

HSC
No evictions?

That could provide people with incentive to keep writing all the way through if they feel their neck is on the line.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
If the schools are to be disclosed from each competitor's blog, they should seek written or some form of permission from the school principal.

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
As if a principal would give a student written permission to post their schools' name up when there is the risk of the blogger posting crap about the school, staff or even other students. I feel a can of worms being opened.

Damn, I want a uni blog thing. I want a new ipod

orange_blob

Caveman
HSC
Riviet said:
If the schools are to be disclosed from each competitor's blog, they should seek written or some form of permission from the school principal.
No, I understand what you are saying, but prinicpals have no right to censor what is said about the school. And if they have a problem with anything that is said, so long as it is truthful, then maybe they should be doing something about it rather than just stopping people hearing about it. If it does harm the school's reputation it would be on a more factual basis than any opinons people have about schools otherwise, without hearing anything from inside.

Anyway, it is the participants decision whether to apply or not, this should be considered by them as it is one of the conditions of the application. And presumably people wouldn't apply if they aren't willing to write stuff with their school being disclosed. Where is the problem?

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Parents have just consented.

Hmm, off to try and get into the NINE..
Oh dear lord.
Its like the Fellowship of the Ring

My school, is extremely liberal, lets just say that on what students do..
I think that they'd think this a very good opportunity to publicise the kinds of students at my school.

Last edited:

Danoz The Great

HSC
In year 12 I spent a lot of time on my blog and that's why my marks were shit.
If the 06'ers want to go ahead with it, they should be made aware that blogging is very addictive!

I think it'd be better to see an 05'ers transition to uni, and a uni students transition to the workforce. Why can't 5-or-so be 06'ers, 2 05'ers, and 2 uni students? I think it'd be great to read blogs of people in three differing stages of their lives.

HSC
N/A
True, but I think that at this point in time the HSC blog takes priority. Not saying the others can't happen or won't happen (depends on what admins decide) but right now I think the HSC blogs should take priority.

Essentially BOS was created to support HSC students... most active members either are about to do their HSC/have just done it, the HSC gets the most media coverage etc. I think we can all agree it's generally accepted that the HSC is one of the biggest/scariest/most stressful thing you'll do at this point in your life, and thus of all things I believe we should follow this one right now :)

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
You guys should probably spell 'accommodation' correctly on the front page.

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
I strongly advise against the publication of the school name. It will severely curtail the students ability to fully express themselves. Portraying the school in even a slightly negative light could result in harsh disciplinary action.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
orange_blob said:
No, I understand what you are saying, but prinicpals have no right to censor what is said about the school. And if they have a problem with anything that is said, so long as it is truthful, then maybe they should be doing something about it rather than just stopping people hearing about it. If it does harm the school's reputation it would be on a more factual basis than any opinons people have about schools otherwise, without hearing anything from inside.

Anyway, it is the participants decision whether to apply or not, this should be considered by them as it is one of the conditions of the application. And presumably people wouldn't apply if they aren't willing to write stuff with their school being disclosed. Where is the problem?
yes they do, schools have a reputation to uphold, they have to try and attract students not deter them!

it's not like that. you know that students have a tendency to bitch about anything, teachers, other students, it's 'truthful' in the eyes of the student but not school. there is nothing factual about the type of high school bitching that will be the centre of an entertaining journal.

kids don't care (badmouthing = cool and popular, cool and popular = win), the schools will.

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I will give you guys a verdict on the school situation tomorrow night.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)