HSC becomes a reality (1 Viewer)

orange_blob

Caveman
HSC
iambored said:
it's not like that. you know that students have a tendency to bitch about anything, teachers, other students, it's 'truthful' in the eyes of the student but not school. there is nothing factual about the type of high school bitching that will be the centre of an entertaining journal.

kids don't care (badmouthing = cool and popular, cool and popular = win), the schools will.
Okay, fair point.

But you own your own story, and you can choose to do whatever you want with it.

Yeah I understand where you're coming from though.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You may, but there is the very real possibility of defamation and slander...

Bored of Studies

Administrator
Administrator
We have come to the decision that you no longer need to submit your school's name. Instead, we will collected the region of NSW that you come from (e.g. North Shore, Outer West, Eastern Suburbs).
Furthermore, you will need to indicate whether the school you attend is public or private. This will be reflected in the soon-to-be-updated application form on the website.

Good luck to all our entrants!

Last edited by a moderator:

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
Damn damn damn why didn't they have this last year. I woulda been doing this with bells on! I would probably take them off later though as they would make typing both difficult and noisy.

kiteblood

HSC
This sounds like a fabulous idea, except;
'Monthly prizes are expected to feature Apple iPods, PlayStation Portables, and the soon to be released Sony Reader.'
So there will be a monthly prize awarded to one of the nine bloggers, over nine months? Assuming the 'prizes', as is their nature, can't be evenly distributed, that seems a little excessive. Perhaps you could have a system where a monthly prize is awarded to a registered voter, rather than a blogger (who is, after all, competing for that big prize at the end of the rainbow).

karoooh

HSC
Antler said:
Can we vote to kick people if they don't write enough?
But... Whenever I blog, it's to rant about something, or get something that's been bothering me, off my chest... The time I blog usually varies from 2 days - 2 weeks! Depends if I think there's anything worth blogging about! No one can blog everyday, that'll just end up with us having to read their daily schedule or some other crap!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
kiteblood said:
This sounds like a fabulous idea, except;
'Monthly prizes are expected to feature Apple iPods, PlayStation Portables, and the soon to be released Sony Reader.'
So there will be a monthly prize awarded to one of the nine bloggers, over nine months? Assuming the 'prizes', as is their nature, can't be evenly distributed, that seems a little excessive. Perhaps you could have a system where a monthly prize is awarded to a registered voter, rather than a blogger (who is, after all, competing for that big prize at the end of the rainbow).
Thanks for the suggestions. I will bring them up.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Having just the big prize at the end of the event should increase the competitiveness of the candidates, hence making the competition more intense. Since the contenders will all be competing till the end, they may as well compete for the treasure at the end of the road.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
i wouldn't mind blogging. except the only concern is that i need a parent to sign the form.

Last edited:

saire88

HSC
Wat about us south aussies who are doing the SACE we dont count :( It sucks being the festival state that cant even build an airport that functions....

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Unfortunately for you guys in the south, we wish to have a competition in which students are going through virtually the same system (of course with individual differences).

Chrispy

vote for dtp = <3
HSC
Is an email from my parents saying that they give me permission to enter sufficient?

Chrispy

vote for dtp = <3
HSC
What ways will you prevent vote-stacking by people? I assume that you'll do montly votes via polls conducted in the forums. How will you prevent people from opening duplicate accounts and using them to vote? Maybe restricting voting to those who have posted at least once?

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great competition and concept (plus a jaw-droppingly good prize... :O) but I've seen so many competitions based on internet votes get ruined by cheaters.

Bored of Studies

Administrator
Administrator
Chrispy said:
What ways will you prevent vote-stacking by people? I assume that you'll do montly votes via polls conducted in the forums. How will you prevent people from opening duplicate accounts and using them to vote? Maybe restricting voting to those who have posted at least once?

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great competition and concept (plus a jaw-droppingly good prize... :O) but I've seen so many competitions based on internet votes get ruined by cheaters.
This is currently being worked on by a mod.

Guernica

HSC
Application submitted - should be fun! Doubt I'll get it, or even if I am fully keen, but if it's meant to be, it's meant to be.

HSC
N/A
Would anyone be interested in reading a blog from the perspective of a chronically ill HSC Pathways student, currently struggling through most aspects of the HSC?

I think it's important that there is lots of variety. Different areas, different subjects, different situations, differents goals, differents modes of learning (ie. Pathways kids, Distance Education kids etc.)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
etc. etc. etc. said:
Would anyone be interested in reading a blog from the perspective of a chronically ill HSC Pathways student, currently struggling through most aspects of the HSC?

I think it's important that there is lots of variety. Different areas, different subjects, different situations, differents goals, differents modes of learning (ie. Pathways kids, Distance Education kids etc.)
It's something out of the ordinary, so yes, I would be interested in reading about your different lifestyle this year if you are chosen. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)