Hsc Belonging Creative writing section (1 Viewer)

LD49

HSC
I just want to know in the creative writing section if you are allowed to write about the concept of not belonging instead of belonging. Will they still mark that normally or is it a fail.

Freestyler94

HSC
My first assessment for English was a narrative and i got A, and it included elements of not belonging.
So i think its fine.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Yes, if your character does not belong, then you are still showing an aspect of the concept of Belonging. However, it is usually a good idea for your character to find a balance between the two or transition from one to the other.

brendroid

HSC
My creative writing for English in the end was about this writer who's a part of a writers club, but feels that what they write is so different from what the others are writing that he doesn't belong. If you can pull it off, you can write about any aspect of belonging and get 15. If you can't pull it off, practice and make perfect what you can perfect.

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
Even through the idea of not Belonging you're exploring the concept of Belonging. However remember that Belonging is a transitory process, so generally it's ideal for the protagonist to have felt some sort of Belonging at some point in the narrative.

Not belonging is all part of the Belonging process, so you are able to compose your creative writing that deals with the concept of not belonging. The marker will still mark it accordingly to the syllabus and rubric standards.

mecramarathon

HSC
y not?

most creative stories involve the protagonist not belonging and then finding meaningful ways to belong e.g. MILF timid kid finds a relationship with the next door neighbour's girl

or you could do the other way around

ramin_qodoos

HSC
Freestyler94 or could anyone please post a creative writting that they got good marks in. thank you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)