HSC Chemistry Exam Solutions / Thoughts (1 Viewer)

Arrowshaft

HSC
I guess one of us is wrong... in the case that u have the right process but Ofc get the answer and conclusion wrong for cu, it’s only a 2 mark deduction? Right?
Ah that’s good. I hope so! I mean I got the calibration curves and everything for both Cu and Pb, hopefully I only lose 2 marks for that, not anymore. Man I hate silly mistakes 😩

AHafza

HSC
Ah that’s good. I hope so! I mean I got the calibration curves and everything for both Cu and Pb, hopefully I only lose 2 marks for that, not anymore. Man I hate silly mistakes 😩
Who knows I may have made the mistake 😂 don’t worry it may be my silly mistake..

AHafza

HSC
Yes under standard conditions doesn’t dissolve... it will only dissolve at low temp white an initial temp required.
I gave a bit extra info because I had heaps of time left but the bottom line is it doesn’t dissolve, well i think so.

Arrowshaft

HSC
I gave a bit extra info because I had heaps of time left but the bottom line is it doesn’t dissolve, well i think so.
Did you say for MgCl2 it tends toward a crystal lattice structure but the release of heat during the exothermic process, it distorts and tends toward randomness through freely moving ions in a solution?

AHafza

HSC
Did you say for MgCl2 it tends toward a crystal lattice structure but the release of heat during the exothermic process, it distorts and tends toward randomness through freely moving ions in a solution?
I forgot to make that point 😬

flowerp

HSC
N/A
Wait did you get effective for cu? I got 1.26 something for Cu...
Yes same I also got that! What did people put for the MC q about radioactiviy and for the last MC q? Kind disappointed about the 3marker on enthalpy and the functional isomer q cuz I got confused about positional and functional isomers but overall the trst was okay ! Also are ketones acidic?

AHafza

HSC
I don’t think they’ll mark with that much detail for a 3 marker so dw. What are your predictions on band 6 cut offs?
I think we are looking at around 80-82 it feels like their are a few questions that are completely new while the exam overall wasn’t too hard

AHafza

HSC
Yes same I also got that! What did people put for the MC q about radioactiviy and for the last MC q? Kind disappointed about the 3marker on enthalpy and the functional isomer q cuz I got confused about positional and functional isomers but overall the trst was okay ! Also are ketones acidic?
Ketones aren’t acidic I’m pretty sure, I used oxidation to differentiate between ketones and aldehydes

AHafza

HSC
I got 1% for the last one and filtrate only for the radioactivity

flowerp

HSC
N/A
Ketones aren’t acidic I’m pretty sure, I used oxidation to differentiate between ketones and aldehydes
Phew! yea same I used oxidation but then to confirm then presence of the acid l also wrote about the litmus test

Arrowshaft

HSC
Oxidation and addition of sodium carbonate powder. Whichever bubbles contains aldehyde as it wouldve oxidised to a carboxyllic acid releasing co2

Arrowshaft

HSC
I think we are looking at around 80-82 it feels like their are a few questions that are completely new while the exam overall wasn’t too hard
Hopefully I can band 6 then haha

AHafza

HSC
Oxidation and addition of sodium carbonate powder. Whichever bubbles contains aldehyde as it wouldve oxidised to a carboxyllic acid releasing co2
Can u use blue litmus paper? I was initially going to put co2 effervescence with carbonate but changed it last minute.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)