HSC Chemistry Exam Solutions / Thoughts (2 Viewers)

Arrowshaft

HSC
You reckon its possible for the paper to leak considering how the exam booklets are personalised? Ik it happened for bio

worldno17

HSC
N/A
You reckon its possible for the paper to leak considering how the exam booklets are personalised? Ik it happened for bio
Hmm the exam paper was uploaded by NESA 2 days after bio ended. So i think the wait won't be too long anyway.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Doubt it only way to get it is if a teacher leaks it but I don't think any of them would freely release it to everyone because they probably get some backlash from NESA if they find out

But yeah even if it comes out in 2 days I will for sure write out solutions regardless :)

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Sometimes people write negative, sometimes not honestly doesn't matter. Why people sometimes tend to write molar heat of combustion as positive is because the definition states that it is the amount of heat released per mole of fuel burnt at 25 degrees Celsius and 1 atm. But I have also seen in other exams they have put -ve because it is exothermic. I wouldn't worry too much

Arrowshaft

HSC
Sometimes people write negative, sometimes not honestly doesn't matter. Why people sometimes tend to write molar heat of combustion as positive is because the definition states that it is the amount of heat released per mole of fuel burnt at 25 degrees Celsius and 1 atm. But I have also seen in other exams they have put -ve because it is exothermic. I wouldn't worry too much
Ok thanks, because my teacher penalised me once for missing the negative so i was confused

englishessayssuck

HSC
sup people
for the aluminium hydroxide question, could we just assume the thing just dissociates completely into al3+ and OH-, because there's like no ksp value?
also for the oxidation you could literally just put acidified dichromate which should turn the orange Cr2O7(2-) into green Cr(3+)

dcosmo

HSC
N/A
DeltaH is always negative as combustion is an exothermic reaction....

CarbonMini

HSC
Guys for the question that asked for an explanation of the titration curve, the one with the conductometric graph already given, did you guys talk about the above conductometric graph or the actual titration curve like me? I think im wrong :(

Edit: and also, you dont need to get a raw mark over 90 to get band 6???

worldno17

HSC
N/A
Guys for the question that asked for an explanation of the titration curve, the one with the conductometric graph already given, did you guys talk about the above conductometric graph or the actual titration curve like me? I think im wrong :(

I talked about the conductometric curve (since it's called a conductometric titration).
And no, you don't. Above 90 raw gets close to 93-5+? Cmiiw.

Arrowshaft

HSC

I think it meant the conductometric curve. Seems random to just ask to explain the pH titration curve. Also, the conductometric curve is also a titration curve as the titration is called conductometric titration

Arrowshaft

HSC

That’s aligned, we mean raw

englishessayssuck

HSC

like ideally you would talk about both, like defining why the conductometric titration occurs (due to moving mobile charges etc) and explain why it's the shape it is (like u have ions in solution at first making good conductivity, then reduces due to neutralisation of hydronium and hydroxide, then goes up due to excess h+ and cl-)

Arrowshaft

HSC
like ideally you would talk about both, like defining why the conductometric titration occurs (due to moving mobile charges etc) and explain why it's the shape it is (like u have ions in solution at first making good conductivity, then reduces due to neutralisation of hydronium and hydroxide, then goes up due to excess h+ and cl-)
Cl- doesnt contribute much tho, its less mobile and a lot heavier

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)