HSC General Maths Marathon (1 Viewer)

rednellav

HSC
Ranked 15/98 :) aiming 90+ :D haha go for it son and me and you to the top :D
Let's do this shit brah.

Any others tips you guys know of? I'd recommend going over some simple unit conversion so you don't freak out in the test when they throw it in.

DJ696

HSC
Let's do this shit brah.

Any others tips you guys know of? I'd recommend going over some simple unit conversion so you don't freak out in the test when they throw it in.
Smash all content! Understand it all and revise over preliminary then do past papers for confidence and feel of the exam :D

DJ696

HSC
What is everyone else's prediction for the exam? :)

rednellav

HSC
What is everyone else's prediction for the exam? :)
I haven't even thought about predicting tbh. I think there will be a mix of everything.

What's the trickier stuff they normally pull off? Is there anything tricky they can even pull off? Lolol.

Maybe some of those multi-stage probability questions. What is the chance of at least one, what is the chance of only one, etc.

DJ696

HSC
I haven't even thought about predicting tbh. I think there will be a mix of everything.

What's the trickier stuff they normally pull off? Is there anything tricky they can even pull off? Lolol.

Maybe some of those multi-stage probability questions. What is the chance of at least one, what is the chance of only one, etc.
Just cover all topics and preliminary and oull be sweet :)

Just did the data analysis test scored 48\50 :D

harrietty

HSC
I've done a past paper (maybe 08/07) where they've put deciles as a question... so definitely revising all year 11 too.

I'm ranked 1/60ish with an average of 95 so that's what I'm aiming for. Generally the harder questions for me are the ones where they ask you to make an equation or formula based off of a graph or something. And unit conversions get me too. And two-triangle problems, ugh I spend so much time on them trying to figure out which side/angle I need to find. Bearings and angle addition/subtraction prove to be a bit challenging as well.

Overall, past papers and review for the next 3 days! At least it's not essays!

DJ696

HSC
I've done a past paper (maybe 08/07) where they've put deciles as a question... so definitely revising all year 11 too.

I'm ranked 1/60ish with an average of 95 so that's what I'm aiming for. Generally the harder questions for me are the ones where they ask you to make an equation or formula based off of a graph or something. And unit conversions get me too. And two-triangle problems, ugh I spend so much time on them trying to figure out which side/angle I need to find. Bearings and angle addition/subtraction prove to be a bit challenging as well.

Very wise choice :) Good luck to your exams :D

Stayed tune for this thread to show your progress for overall :)

I'm currently revising over year 11 stuff and btw do you do past papers in exam conditions or normally?

rednellav

HSC
You guys want me to post Q's?
The harder the better, please do. If you're gonna post an answer make sure you convert the colour to white nomsayn to avoid spoilers, just use the bbcode

[color=white*]your text here[/color] without dat *

edit: uwotm8 you're allowed to post questions rait?

Last edited:

rednellav

HSC

I find it's a lot easier when you break down the question. Is it a right-angled triangle or not? (So basically, can we apply pythagoras and trigonometry rules?) or is it a non-right angle triangle and therefore we have to use our cosine and sine rules, etc.

Then just determine what sides and angles you have, and apply from there.

edit: misread what you said but I'll leave that shit there anyway for anyone reading

Last edited:

DJ696

HSC
I find it's a lot easier when you break down the question. Is it a right-angled triangle or not? (So basically, can we apply pythagoras and trigonometry rules?) or is it a non-right angle triangle and therefore we have to use our cosine and sine rules, etc.

Then just determine what sides and angles you have, and apply from there.
Couldn't have said it any better :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)