HSC General Maths Marathon (1 Viewer)

sarahabc123

HSC
N/A
I'm using the HSC General Mathematics 2013 Excel Book :D Pretty good :) how are you gonna cover all the content in your book just reading over examples? :)
Well I'm using the success one as a core while I simultaneously refer to my other textbook ( maths quest) when I come across any difficulties in the examples I attempt in the success one book. The thing is that maths quest is very "general" and hence lacks difficulty so I refer to others to broaden my knowledge... Haha lol I sound like a nerddd :L

sarahabc123

HSC
N/A
my weaknesses are to be linear and non-linear relationships, annuities and correlation abit :(
I Also have issues with time differences -.- I tend to understand the concepts but it's just tiny silly mistakes that stuff up everything.

DJ696

HSC
Well I'm using the success one as a core while I simultaneously refer to my other textbook ( maths quest) when I come across any difficulties in the examples I attempt in the success one book. The thing is that maths quest is very "general" and hence lacks difficulty so I refer to others to broaden my knowledge... Haha lol I sound like a nerddd :L
oh sweet haha :) My book has normal examples then the challenge section :L But good luck with it and do you know all of preliminary?

DJ696

HSC
I Also have issues with time differences -.- I tend to understand the concepts but it's just tiny silly mistakes that stuff up everything.
the time difference is that hard its just knowing that east is in front of west :) As, 1 degree = to 4 mins, therefore, 15 degrees = 60 mins (1 hour) :D

sarahabc123

HSC
N/A
oh sweet haha :) My book has normal examples then the challenge section :L But good luck with it and do you know all of preliminary?
Yeah my textbook has an "exteneded response' that's suppose to be hard and challenging, but it's not really :L
Um, yesh I did but I've briefly went over it, I'm mostly focusing on the topics that usually come up in the exams ( e.g taxable income ) :)

sarahabc123

HSC
N/A
the time difference is that hard its just knowing that east is in front of west :) As, 1 degree = to 4 mins, therefore, 15 degrees = 60 mins (1 hour) :D
Haha don't worry bro! I know :) to be more specific... Is the wordings of the exam questions that get me confused, even if I highlight/underline etc

DJ696

HSC
Yeah my textbook has an "exteneded response' that's suppose to be hard and challenging, but it's not really :L
Um, yesh I did but I've briefly went over it, I'm mostly focusing on the topics that usually come up in the exams ( e.g taxable income ) :)
what are all preliminary topics that mostly come in the exam? oh sweet! nearly finished?

DJ696

HSC
Haha don't worry bro! I know :) to be more specific... Is the wordings of the exam questions that get me confused, even if I highlight/underline etc
I hate that! the HSC will be definitely worded!

Last edited:

sarahabc123

HSC
N/A
what are all preliminary topics that mostly come in the exam? oh sweet! nearly finished?
Well so far I've seen taxable income, identifying weather data is categorical/ continuous/ discrete etc, conversion measurements ( e.g km/h to m/s) area, sketch diagrams, currency conversions, weight charges etc heaps. Most are basic but they are usually the foundation for yr 12. ( usually lfound in multiple choice and short answer as 1 markers )

DJ696

HSC
Well so far I've seen taxable income, identifying weather data is categorical/ continuous/ discrete etc, conversion measurements ( e.g km/h to m/s) area, sketch diagrams, currency conversions, weight charges etc heaps. Most are basic but they are usually the foundation for yr 12. ( usually lfound in multiple choice and short answer as 1 markers )
just to revise :) I'm currently going through examples and reading keypoints summaries because i've done every topic test, and unit tests in my book several times this year :)

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Marco invests $1000 at the end of each year into an annuity with an interest rate of 11% p.a. compounded annually. How many years will it take for the investment to be worth more than $30 095? (Answer to the nearest year)
(A) 14 (B) 20
(C) 25 (D) 31

DJ696

HSC
Marco invests $1000 at the end of each year into an annuity with an interest rate of 11% p.a. compounded annually. How many years will it take for the investment to be worth more than $30 095? (Answer to the nearest year)
(A) 14 (B) 20
(C) 25 (D) 31
A! :)

spanky125

Just waitin' for a mate
HSC
(A) 14 (B) 20
(C) 25 (D) 31
Marco? So are we now stereotyping that Italian men make investments to grow their money to use for illegal boxing matches?

sarahabc123

HSC
N/A
just to revise :) I'm currently going through examples and reading keypoints summaries because i've done every topic test, and unit tests in my book several times this year :)
Wow! Keep it up :) do you do Eco and business studies?

sarahabc123

HSC
N/A
hahaha don't take it to hard on yourself :L what nationality are you?
I don't think it's entirely safe telling u my nationality on Bos :$
Anyways, so what exactly are you gonna bring for the maths exam?

DJ696

HSC
I don't think it's entirely safe telling u my nationality on Bos :$
Anyways, so what exactly are you gonna bring for the maths exam?
Haha, message me personally on bos :)
Pencils, pens, highlighters, ruler, rubber, sharpener, compass set wby? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)