HSC Headstart (1 Viewer)

dtmtrano

HSC
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could suggest any methods/ways for a student in Year 9/10 to get a headstart for the HSC? What things can we do to be better than ready when we reach year 11??

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
Chill out as much as possible. Once you get to senior years, you'll miss the days where you could just come home from school and do absolutely nothing...

SuperMike96

HSC
Chill out as much as possible. Once you get to senior years, you'll miss the days where you could just come home from school and do absolutely nothing...
Couldn't agree more. Although, you could aim to polish your english and maths skills to perfection. That will certainly help for the HSC.

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
Why is your username so feminine? I thought you were a girl for a sec... LOL
Jeeeeez. Nah it's an inside joke. I use it because I can never think of a username :(

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Nothing tbh.... It was some random name I made up on the spot LOL.
LOL, impromptu usernames (Y).
Well, I couldn't even think of anything so it ended up being my name, talk about ghey. Can't even change it. Why did I make an account in year 10 :(

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
LOL, impromptu usernames (Y).
Well, I couldn't even think of anything so it ended up being my name, talk about ghey. Can't even change it. Why did I make an account in year 10 :(
LOL..

I have built up too much hours/posts to get another account.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
LOL..

I have built up too much hours/posts to get another account.
I can see :p

Oh! Anyway back to the main topic of this thread: Make another BOS account while you can, with a less embarrassing username so you don't regret it in the future.

Frostbitten

HSC
Best preparation, ahhh probs just chill out and play games aye

flashtrick

Gap year? If only...
HSC
The early years of high school are meant to build a foundation of skills for your HSC years. In Year 12, you're never tested on what you've learnt in the junior years but that doesn't mean putting in the early effort is useless.

Build your skills up. It won't even take up much of your time. It's the simple things.
-Know what the question is specifically asking of you. Don't waste your time putting facts and figures in your argument if they don't address the question.
-Experiment with how you study. Try and figure out what works best for you. Do you learn best by writing long notes? Or maybe you skip notes and just go straight to past papers? Knowing what's most efficient for you by the time you hit Year 11 and 12 will put you in a massive advantage.
-The basics! Learn how to write logical maths arguments. Learn how to write cohesive and structured essays. Fix your grammar and spelling mistakes.

Honestly, all of your preparation for HSC in the early years can be achieved at school. Spend your out-of-school hours doing other things. Sport. Friends. Hobbies. Put yourself out there. Just spend those few hours engaging in class discussion and you'll have so much time left over in the day to do what you want.

Verify

HSC
Know all the content you've learnt thus far back to front

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)