Hsc in one week! (1 Viewer)

Hi there444

HSC
What I do after memorizing a paragraph: fifa 2014 tournament one game and then back to another one

_/_/_

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
That reminds me, I actually vomited on my chem paper in the trials because I was so nervous and my teacher just lovingly photocopied it and marked around that um, issue. So they're used to much bigger barriers to marking than just messy handwriting!
Wow I wouldn't have wanted to mark that!

HSC
Bro what are you. You ace English without memorizing despite disliking it and then yoi are good at math and chem. What are you ?????

_/_/_
hahaha it's indirect memorizing through writing a lot of essays.
Because i chose standard english and as everyone knows it has the worst aligning so i had to pick up my game and ensure i got ranked first internally and was an outlier which thankfully happened. And because this is last year of belonging, i have this strong feeling questions might be slightly harder so have to expose myself to as many questions as possible. I've put in a shit tonne of effort for english :p Despite not liking it, it was something i had to do.

Also with the creative, i've been told numerous times, big marks are awarded if you answer the question and incorporate the stimulus into your story and not by having a simile in every line. So by doing a lot of creatives, not only does it force you into a habit of constantly checking the question and answering it, but also testing your ability to mould your creative writing to different types of stimuli.

mreditor16

HSC
How do they mark your papers though? Like do you have to sit down with them and translate or do they manage by themselves?
they wouldn't do that. because a student may realise a mistake after the exam, and then when 'translating' for their teacher, they might translate their exam answer into the correct answer, even though they had written down the wrong answer in the exam. and because their handwriting is that illegible, they have the potential to get away with it.

photastic

HSC
they wouldn't do that. because a student may realise a mistake after the exam, and then when 'translating' for their teacher, they might translate their exam answer into the correct answer, even though they had written down the wrong answer in the exam. and because their handwriting is that illegible, they have the potential to get away with it.
My school lets students translate. And I burrn cos dat ain't fair.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Markers will try as hard as they can to read the essay... If they cannot read it , then you won't get the marks

SuchSmallHands

HSC
My school allows students to do it. They don't sit there and dictate back the whole essay, but they can clear up multiple sentences/words that the teacher can't read.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
oh wow my bad then :/
Yeah it's probably not the best policy since it means they never fix their handwriting and then they're stuck for the HSC. But it helps people who can't write legibly for the life of them to at least get recognition of what their actual ability is through a good assessment mark I guess.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Btw guys my writing is so bad at my best that they cant read. I feel like I am screwed

Just tell me how screwed I am?
_/_/_
Lel

I'm the worst person to comment coz I can barely read my own handwriting hahah.

But I think you may be fine if the teachers at your school could read it right?
If you are worried though, perhaps try making the letters a bit more defined, or if that's not possible, space it out a little more.

But don't worry too much about it, stress at this stage is not necessary :)))

My school lets students translate. And I burrn cos dat ain't fair.
oh yeah, square did this too

SuchSmallHands

HSC
I agree with engima, you tend to write in these little groups of a couple of words as opposed to individual words. Just spacing it out a little more would make a huge difference I think

photastic

HSC
I agree with engima, you tend to write in these little groups of a couple of words as opposed to individual words. Just spacing it out a little more would make a huge difference I think
And don't write numbers and write on the lines too :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)