Hsc in one week! (1 Viewer)

SuchSmallHands

HSC

AND LOL I'm so far from being hardworking haha :( Definitely something to work on, after hsc. All year I've ended up all-nightering for half my exams...
I have very low standards for what constitutes hard-working. It just means you work harder than me. Basically, if you've written one practice essay I am amazed at your dedication.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
lol, faisal, you are being very very optimistic, especially phys lol :D if I get 94 or above for phys, you can take 1 whole atar point off my atar and add it to yours :) and you can do the same thing, if I get 95 in English or 98 in 4u.

so if your prediction ends up being bang on correct, you can take 3 atar points off my atar and add it to yours :D legit :)

but thanks again for the vote of confidence :)

YAY! 1000th post :)

okay maybe I won't give you points off my atar (I still need to get into actuarial lol), but I'm just trying to show you how certain I am that some of your predictions are too unreasonable and optimistic
Inb4 Mreditor hits .95

HSC
You definitely will for standard! Why did you even do standard? It's pretty clear you should be in advanced instead.
In year 11, I had no understanding of how to study for english. All i did was write one essay a week before an assessment, showed it to the teacher and even if i got 10/20 I would use it in the assessment task anyway. Dropped to standard in year 12, realised how to study for english as people kept saying you need to come first to do well. So THAT enormous pressure, (purely because i want to get an atar of 97) made me put so much effort into english, ended up ranking 1st internally (outlier, beating second by 15-18%) and in the trials i ended up regretting not sticking with advanced because i ended up with the second highest overall mark in paper 1 out of both cohorts.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
In year 11, I had no understanding of how to study for english. All i did was write one essay a week before an assessment, showed it to the teacher and even if i got 10/20 I would use it in the assessment task anyway. Dropped to standard in year 12, realised how to study for english as people kept saying you need to come first to do well. So THAT enormous pressure, (purely because i want to get an atar of 97) made me put so much effort into english, ended up ranking 1st internally (outlier, beating second by 15-18%) and in the trials i ended up regretting not sticking with advanced because i ended up with the second highest overall mark in paper 1 out of both cohorts.
Shitttt, you really should have stuck with advanced.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
okay, since you replied first, you get my Eco SR, if I SR any subject besides 3u maths.

:lol: I am actually being legit.

not! :p - I am never giving it away ;D just trying to show you how certain I am that it won't happen ;D
ahahah dw I wont take it ;)

LOL I missed the "other subjects" part, but pretty sure you still can!

HSC
lol, faisal, you are being very very pessimistic, especially phys lol :D if I get 94 or above for phys, you can take 1 whole atar point off my atar and add it to yours :) and you can do the same thing, if I get 95 in English or 98 in 4u.

so if your prediction ends up being bang on correct, you can take 3 atar points off my atar and add it to yours :D legit :)

but thanks again for the vote of confidence :)

YAY! 1000th post :)

okay maybe I won't give you points off my atar (I still need to get into actuarial lol), but I'm just trying to show you how certain I am that some of your predictions are too unreasonable and optimistic
Come on man, if you're going to band 6 english at least spell pessimistic correctly.

Inb4 Mreditor hits .95
He will, no doubt.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
tbh don't worry too much. If you can get 90 in standard, you'll be better off (atar wise) than someone with 88 in advanced :)

^ I think LOL just by putting in numbers into atarcaluator.com.au
It's the alignment that separates the levels of English more than scaling I think, so it's the raw mark database you should look at :)

HSC
Shitttt, you really should have stuck with advanced.
yes :(

tbh don't worry too much. If you can get 90 in standard, you'll be better off (atar wise) than someone with 88 in advanced :)

^ I think LOL just by putting in numbers into atarcaluator.com.au
Nah im not worried, scaling for advanced and standard is essentially the same.

What i am worried about is whether or not i'll get the 90 or even 88

HSC
Good idea Kurosaki.

Will be back in a couple of hours, more english :D Also while i'm gone someone explain the following question to the best of your ability

How will the internal marks be moderated (based on your knowledge) when internal marks are very close

Rank 1 - 92
Rank 12 - 88
Rank 20 - 86.

You shouldn't be
Nah I am :(

QZP

HSC
ENG:
For comprehensive Q's like
Explore the impacts of ...
What aspects are explored ...
Do we still include techniques and stuff? Cus I know How questions you are meant to but what about these

mirachael

HSC
top 2 preferences are BE ME (bachelors & masters in electrical engineering) at UNSW (which is 95.4) and B.Eng(Hon)(Electrical)/B.Sci(Advanced Maths) also at UNSW (this is 95.5)
i'm still sort of hovering between the two
OMG someone who wants to do the same course as me :)
I'll try to spot you next year :D

MrInoeverthin

HSC
Uni Grad
Damn, all these peeps talking about getting 97 and SR's. In my school, we would kill each other if we got a band 5!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)