• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Hsc in one week! (1 Viewer)

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
I am not sure what courses, but I know a friends who know another friend who got into Engo but he got a mystery mark.

I think it's all done by the combination of EAS and bonus points ( suburb one )
I know people who got into law with 70. The cut off is 90 apparently....

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
I know people who got into law with 70. The cut off is 90 apparently....
There was a thread looong time ago that a boser who got 67 but made it into Law/Bus(94) in UWS, and he made the thread because he couldn't understand how he got in

mreditor16

HSC
UNSW Actuarial Studies. FTW

What baffles me, last years ATAR cut off for actuarial studies at MAQ was 96.55, however dobule degree (Actuarial studies and science), atar cut off was 96.25
did you hear? unsw is starting to offer b actuarial / b law. cut off = 99.7 iirc

no bonus points allowed either :/

HSC
did you hear? unsw is starting to offer b actuarial / b law. cut off = 99.7 iirc

Yeah, i was going through the unsw booklets when applying and i saw it. If anyone has the capabilities of doing it and enjoy both fields, they'd probably have a money tree growing in their backyard.

Did you know they offer b actuarial/b adv math. <----- that would be intense

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC

Yeah, i was going through the unsw booklets when applying and i saw it. If anyone has the capabilities of doing it and enjoy both fields, they'd probably have a money tree growing in their backyard.

Did you know they offer b actuarial/b adv math. <----- that would be intense
~ engineering/science master race ~

HSC
~ engineering/science master race ~
hahaha nah nah :p if i don't get into actuarial because i don't meet the 97 cut off, i'll be doing advanced math at UNSW, and then 1v1'ing realise as i begin to learn so much more maths that awaits me :p

I'd get demolished by realise lel hhahahah

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
hahaha nah nah :p if i don't get into actuarial because i don't meet the 97 cut off, i'll be doing advanced math at UNSW, and then 1v1'ing realise as i begin to learn so much more maths that awaits me :p

well you don't do anything really interesting in 1st year maths anyways. still do the same MATH1XY1, and all like the other engineers and actuaries. You start doing that maybe late 2nd year?

HSC
well you don't do anything really interesting in 1st year maths anyways. still do the same MATH1XY1, and all like the other engineers and actuaries. You start doing that maybe late 2nd year?
All of maths is interesting.

K

HSC
Well to be fair unsw doesn't have bonus points for any of its other degrees with law either.
True! But then if you choose to do law, you'll have to get some good marks and be interested in the degree.

I hear 66% of people who finish their degrees are unemployed (not sure if true but what i've heard from other students)

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
True! But then if you choose to do law, you'll have to get some good marks and be interested in the degree.

I hear 66% of people who finish their degrees are unemployed (not sure if true but what i've heard from other students)
yeah nah that's wrong

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC

OMGGG is that so??

But that means I have to change my economics statistic?!?!???

here comes band 1 economics student now

SuchSmallHands

HSC

That figure varies massively depending on what they combined with, but I wouldn't be surprised. I read that the number of people currently studying law in Australian universities is roughly equivalent to the number of positions there are available for all lawyers in the country. Which is why I'm combining with chem, much higher employability than arts.

Hi there444

HSC

Mate why are you worring. Your guaranteed 99+ will get you into actuarial at Harvard. Maybe not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)