HSC life (1 Viewer)

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC
I despise it with a passion. :(

Can't wait till it's all over, then I can just.... sleep.
Brah, my teacher told me that quote in your sig was a shot at midgets. (One in particular)

Really shows a jerk side to Newton, doesn't it?

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC
The fact is, everyone is human. If a teacher is marking the paper of a certain student, its marking becomes a confluence of the student's attitude in the classroom and their contribution to a positive learning environment, the homework they do, and the actual content of which they have produced.
Eh, having the best understanding of a text isn't enough to pull marks in if you don't practice structured essay writing.

Speaking from experience in previous grade school assessments. Often the guy who contributes somewhat badly in class, and then goes home and studies comes out on top.

Naz1234

HSC
If anyone needs tutoring I can provide it. Im in the western Sydney area. I got 95 ATAR. I can provide band 6 material notes, tips and tricks for subjects and general time management and provide assistance for assessment tasks. Contact me mtavan45@gmail.com

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Overall I'm not feeling that stressed lol. Like obviously the day before and on exams I get somewhat anxious but that's about it.

So I'm not sure if I'm not stressed because I'm on top of everything, or am gradually giving less fucks.

Imo it all depends on how you feel in your current situation. I remember you telling me in year 11 how stressful year 12 was.
Yes I did, but now I take that back :p.

HSC
lol come back here in 2+ years and read your replies

you'll be like "oh how I missed the HSC...life was simpler then"

You'll realise shortly after that the HSC doesn't matter that much. Sure some people will get into courses earlier or something, but by 2nd year, half of the people who got well below the ATAR for one course have transferred into it.

Do the best you can, enjoy your last days in high school, balance life and just relax.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
lol come back here in 2+ years and read your replies

you'll be like "oh how I missed the HSC...life was simpler then"

You'll realise shortly after that the HSC doesn't matter that much. Sure some people will get into courses earlier or something, but by 2nd year, half of the people who got well below the ATAR for one course have transferred into it.

Do the best you can, enjoy your last days in high school, balance life and just relax.
Correct! To be honest, I got an ATAR in the 70-74 range. (only got in due to principal's recommendation).

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Agreed, I think that it's just been "culture" to fear the HSC.
Yeah the media hype around the HSC is insane...noone breeds a culture to fear an Honours Degree or a PhD and man, they are a million x more work.

And the HSC is a little bump, but it you have a good attitude about it, you'll be in good stead to take the bigger hump to undergraduate university.

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC
Guys, you need to know that HSC is over-rated and it really isn't THAT difficult as everyone makes it out to be - it feels hard because it's so hyped up to me. Take a step back and have a more objective perspective of the difficulty of HSC, it might be hard to see but afterwards, you'll see that it was just a bump.
This. The only reason I was hating life so hard was because I let pressure/expectations consume me. Just take a step back and look at it objectively.

zmccu3

HSC
Not too bad at the moment. No stress more so excited to finally finish. Not long to go now, for my school we have one last wave of assignments then trials next term (week 4-6) then nothing but study until the HSC. only about ~16 weeks of school left :)

Lina3

HSC
School life itself is not that bad...I am just disillusioned with the whole process of marks and ATARs.

Kandahar, Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
HSC
Uni Grad
Face it. It's gonna be stressful but if you're dedicated and put in the study, it's not that bad. The only exception to this general rule is English, which in my opinion is the epitome of rote learning and impressing markers since it's so subjective.

There is a saying that finishing English is equivalent to finishing half the entire HSC.

Anyways have fun.

Last edited:

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Face it. It's gonna be stressful but if you're dedicated and put in the study, it's not that bad. The only exception to this general rule is English, which in my opinion is the epitome of rote learning and impressing/feeding markers what they want.

There is a saying that finishing English is equivalent to finishing half the entire HSC.
What's the time? Time to memorize my English essay!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)