HSC PDHPE Marathon (1 Viewer)

samgeeman

HSC
My predictions:

Core 1:
- Impact of growing and ageing population of health system and services
- Equity of access to health facilities and services
- Levels of responsibility for health promotion
- Determinants for CVD or Cancer and ONE other priority health issue and impact of determinants in reducing mortality

Core 2:
- Personal versus prescribed judging criteria
- Practice methods (appropriate practice methods for the learners) OR feedback (how feedback will be used as learners progress through stages of skill acquisition) -- The whole 'Students learn to' side of the syllabus under 'The learning environment' hasn't been covered before in the HSC.
- Examining the relationship between principles of training, physiological adaptations and improved performance
- Types of training that are suited to different sports

Sports Medicine
- Inflammatory response and management of soft tissue injuries
- Return to play policies and procedures and ethical considerations
OR
- Sports policy and the sports environment

Improving Performance
- Initial planning considerations
- Drugs (benefits and limitations of drug testing)
OR
- How technology has been used to improve performance

Chris_S

HSC
Yeah I agree with the topics you think are going to be in the test for the options! Definitely think sports technology will be in it as a 12 marker!

ryan_gorton

HSC
Yeah I agree with the topics you think are going to be in the test for the options! Definitely think sports technology will be in it as a 12 marker!
I'm thinking use of drugs instead of use of technology for some reason.. dunno. Use of technology I would prefer though, had it in the trials and smashed it.

The learning environment hasn't been asked before either, so I'm betting on it also

Just got to get Engineering Studies out of the way tomorrow then I'll be right to get stuck into PDHPE

ryan_gorton

HSC
Shiiiit, better brush up on inflammatory response, never see any questions on it, would be tough for 8 marks I reckon

Chris_S

HSC
I am not sure if it would be an 8 marker. Maybe if they are doing 3,5 and a 12 mark question it might be a 3 or 5 but for an 8 marker it would be hell lol

Chris_S

HSC
I'm thinking use of drugs instead of use of technology for some reason.. dunno. Use of technology I would prefer though, had it in the trials and smashed it.

The learning environment hasn't been asked before either, so I'm betting on it also

Just got to get Engineering Studies out of the way tomorrow then I'll be right to get stuck into PDHPE
Yeah true! Good luck for engineering tomorrow! I don't have anything until PDHPE so I am going full on from tonight! But I have some biology to do though now!

akt

HSC
The CSSA trial exam had an 8 marker for sports medicine on the inflammatory response as I remember

samgeeman

HSC
Yep, the CSSA Trial had a question about the importance of understanding the inflammatory response as part of managing soft tissue injuries. It was an 8 marker, so you just had to talk about the 1st inflammatory stage and how RICER and no HARM would be used to manage the injury.

HSC
Hey guys, i'm slightly confused on;
-->Equity of access to health facilities and services and
-->Levels of responsibility for health promotion.
Could you guys care to explain these following two points? Otherwise, I think I've got the entire course under control.

samgeeman

HSC
So equity of access to health facilities and services would just mean the issues in terms of access to health facilities that exist in Australia (e.g. ATSI people, overseas born people, socioeconomically disadvantaged people) and what is being done to address these equity issues. For example, Royal Flying Doctor Service allows medical practitioners to work in rural and remote areas and support the needs of these individuals, reducing health inequities. However, there are still less medical practitioners in rural and remote areas than in the major cities. So it basically encompasses the 'Students learn to' side of the syllabus for that section with the question "How equitable is the access and support for all sections of the community?".

Levels of responsibility for health promotion refers to the responsibility of the different levels of government, private sector, local community and individuals for promoting health. E.g. Federal Government has a responsibility to provide leadership and coordination on health issues and interact with international agencies such as the WHO. This is not a massive dot point and although I initially predicted it to appear in this year's exam, maybe there will be no extended response questions on the Ottawa Charter this year.

HSC
Cheers!
However, I do recall seeing a question regarding the responsibilities of the government/ volunteer organisations recently, so I doubt that the levels of responsibility for health promotion would be included, however I strongly believe that Ottawa Charter/Social justice principles will feature.
AND
Adding on towards the equity of access..i assume you could link it towards the generic idea of medicare/PBS?

samgeeman

HSC
Yes I think it would be best to study the Ottawa Charter and social justice principles.

You could link to Medicare and PBS in providing medical care to all Australians through services such as bulk billing. But you could also comment on the fact that inequities still exist to a certain extent, as Medicare does not cover ancillary benefits such as dental and physiotherapy which are only available to those who can afford them. Also high demand is placed on Medicare leading to longer waiting lists for elective surgery.

samgeeman

HSC
The Ottawa Charter and social justice principles was an 8 marker in the 2013 exam, but it could very well come up again this year.

Chris_S

HSC
The Ottawa Charter and social justice principles was an 8 marker in the 2013 exam, but it could very well come up again this year.
I agree. If I had to put money on a question to put on it would be the Ottawa Charter with the social juice principles for 8 marks and I have a feeling a nutritional considerations question will be asked from core 2 (gut feeling)!

Last edited:

Chris_S

HSC
What about a subjective and objective question? In last 5 years it has been in once like validity and reliability!

HSC
I agree. If I had to put money on a question to put on it would be the Ottawa Charter with the social juice principles for 8 marks and I have a feeling a nutritional considerations question will be asked from core 2 (gut feeling)!
Hm, I don't think so on the nutritional considerations. Didn't they ask that quite recently? Or my memory is just screwing me over.

Whilst for Core 2, I do think either ONE of the topics under FQ4 will be used, PROBABLY validity or even objective vs subjective.

Chris_S

HSC
maybe there will be no extended response questions on the Ottawa Charter this year.
Unfortunately I don't think it will be the case. My teacher told me to go over it as best as possible so that I can at least get 8 marks in the exam lol (as usually an 8 marker)

Chris_S

HSC
Hm, I don't think so on the nutritional considerations. Didn't they ask that quite recently? Or my memory is just screwing me over.

Whilst for Core 2, I do think either ONE of the topics under FQ4 will be used, PROBABLY validity or even objective vs subjective.
CQ4 would be quite tricky in regards to validity and reliability. The 8 marker in one of the previous exams had validity and reliability and was pretty tricky compared to an Ottawa Charter 8 marker, which is pretty much just following the action areas with links to other part of question etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)