HSC Plus bonus points (1 Viewer)

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
pLuvia said:
You're not guaranteed a place in the course, some person I heard got higher than the required uai (i.e. even without HSC plus scheme) it was his first preference and he still get a place in the course
if that's supposed to say 'didn't get in the course' who ever said that was bullshitting

whoisurdaddy

HSC
would 92 or higher with 5 bonus hsc plus points give one a very strong chance of getting into commerce at unsw?

kangms

HSC
melonkitten said:
max 5 at UTS
Max 5 at UTS ?? cause i know this guy, he got 89 uAI but got into UTS Law/Arts, which required 97 UAI Isn't it like 10 for UTS?

lordesf

HSC
joshuaali said:
Maximum 5 at UNSW, USyd, UWS, etc. At UWS, you can get an additional 5 for being a resident of Greater Western Sydney (effectively up to 10 bonus points in total).
Sydney offers 5 uai off as well? can anyone link me the site to it?

shakky15

HSC
kangms said:
Max 5 at UTS ?? cause i know this guy, he got 89 uAI but got into UTS Law/Arts, which required 97 UAI Isn't it like 10 for UTS?
did he get a main round offer, or was it in the second round or third round - coz not all places are taken in one go - some ppl dont accept the offer so the UAI cutoff to get into the second round is usually lower.

and im positive that under the HSC plus scheme for UTS, its max of 5 points...

kangms

HSC
im not sure when he got in. But still, the second round uai is at least 97 for law in UTS, therefore, he MUST've got 10 extra

sasa-o8

HSC
null-result said:
What im unsure of, is how these two combine together .. would they stack?
im quite sure EAS gives you less or equal bonus uai points than HSC Plus, so i dont see why you would need to stack them anyway. for example, if you got 85 uai, and recieved +5+5=+10 from HSC+/EAS, i would imagine they wouldnt let you into a 94.9 uai course, mainly because you performed well below the wanted mark and only with these cheap points that you could make the cut off.
thats just my opinion though. they very well could just let you in. or not. i dont know.

http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=24845
yes, im wondering the same thing. Would be great if someone could answer this!

Teh Duke

HSC
I have a quick question:

Hypothetically, if the cutoff for a course was 90, and one person got 90 with no bonus UAI points and someone else got 86 and 5 bonus UAI points, who would be given priority.

I would think that the 86 + 5 person would be given priority because they have chosen HSC subjects that prepare them for that course.

Is this the case?

lordesf

HSC
Teh Duke said:
I have a quick question:

Hypothetically, if the cutoff for a course was 90, and one person got 90 with no bonus UAI points and someone else got 86 and 5 bonus UAI points, who would be given priority.

I would think that the 86 + 5 person would be given priority because they have chosen HSC subjects that prepare them for that course.

Is this the case?
hmm can anyone asnwer this?

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
uummm 08'ers there is a thing called getting accepted into a course below the published cut off. it does happen...

Zeestylez

HSC
hmm i was just wondering, what would be the odds of getting accepted even though your UAI still doesnt reach the cutoff even with the bonus points and your only 2-3 points short?
does it all depend on the popularity of the course or is it strictly 5 max points?

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
回复: Re: HSC Plus bonus points

commerce...
commerce?!?!?

Without Wings said:
You don't need to apply for it, it is added automatically

How do I apply for HSC Plus?
No separate application is required. For admission to undergraduate programs at UNSW all applicants completing an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate [Year 12] - either in Australia or off-shore - must lodge an application via the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC). Applicants completing the International Baccalaureate in Australia also apply via UAC.

If you have a preference for a program included in HSC Plus at the close of change of preferences AND your performance in a Year 12 course or courses is in a specified band, bonus points will be automatically added to your UAI or equivalent to increase your selection rank for that preference.

Source: UNSW

No that isn't how it works. If you are eligible for it they will 'add it' to your uai to be used when selecting entry. i.e. they artificially inflate your UAI for selection purposes.
There's examples of how it works on their website if you go to the link above.

Educational Access Schemes (EAS)
It is for applicants who have experienced long-term educational disadvantage.
See here: Universities Admissions Centre (NSW & ACT) Educational Access Schemes
WW to the rescue!

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
Zeestylez said:
hmm i was just wondering, what would be the odds of getting accepted even though your UAI still doesnt reach the cutoff even with the bonus points and your only 2-3 points short?
does it all depend on the popularity of the course or is it strictly 5 max points?
I think its quiete possible depending whether there are vacancy

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
uhawww said:
if that's supposed to say 'didn't get in the course' who ever said that was bullshitting
Uni entry system close to collapse - National - smh.com.au

'One student claimed to have scored a UAI of 95.3, which is above the cut-off mark, and failed to gain entry into the UNSW commerce course, despite it being listed as the first preference on their application.

But Professor Wai Fong Chua, the acting dean of the faculty of business at the University of NSW, said she had received no reports of students being denied a place.

"If it was a genuine posting, that student would be on the phone to us, and we've heard nothing," she said.'

so i guess that's student is BS lol

emee

HSC
Zeestylez said:
Does anyone know/heard of anyone who got into their course because of this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)