HSC Question1 (1 Viewer)

Lailaa

HSC
For Question 1 in HSC extension history:

[FONT=&quot]With reference to the source and other sources, discuss how historians use evidence to reconstruct the past.[/FONT]

They give us a source, but what does it mean by "other sources"??
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Matt2233

HSC
For Question 1 in HSC extension history:

[FONT=&quot]With reference to the source and other sources, discuss how historians use evidence to reconstruct the past.[/FONT]

They give us a source, but what does it mean by "other sources"??
The historians you have studied in class, ie Herodotus, Bede, Gibbon, Von Ranke etc.

Lailaa

HSC
The historians you have studied in class, ie Herodotus, Bede, Gibbon, Von Ranke etc.
okay cool. Does this also include case studies i.e windschuttle denying stolen generation and irving and his part-denial of holacust? Also aprt from benchmark historians such as ranke can we include personal favourites who are less well known?

Matt2233

HSC
okay cool. Does this also include case studies i.e windschuttle denying stolen generation and irving and his part-denial of holacust? Also aprt from benchmark historians such as ranke can we include personal favourites who are less well known?
Has your class started its case study? If so ask your teacher. Is your exam on section one or two of the HSC exam?

And yes, technically you can refer to other historians not taught in class, but it would be best to ask your teacher first to make sure they're fine with it.

Lailaa

HSC
Has your class started its case study? If so ask your teacher. Is your exam on section one or two of the HSC exam?

And yes, technically you can refer to other historians not taught in class, but it would be best to ask your teacher first to make sure they're fine with it.
No we havent started our case study, these are just cases we looked at on the side in our 'What is history' study. Its on the question i posted ('what is history' study), which is question 1.

so i can include the sub-cases? I cant ask ma teacher as i dont have skl till my mid course exam later this week.

Matt2233

HSC
No we havent started our case study, these are just cases we looked at on the side in our 'What is history' study. Its on the question i posted ('what is history' study), which is question 1.

so i can include the sub-cases? I cant ask ma teacher as i dont have skl till my mid course exam later this week.
Sorry, i can't really help you then. I'm not really sure what you mean by cases. Did you study historians as well or just these cases? I can't see where it mentions them on the syllabus and my teacher is exceptional and she hasn't mentioned them so i have no clue...

Chevalier

FutureGazer
HSC
I'm readily assuming that you refer to ANY TWO sources that you have studied either at school or at home (think of them as being like related texts in english, except that they can come from the case study or sources of your own choosing)

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
I'm more worried about the fact she actually has to ask what this means, I now know another person that will be below me in Extension History in the state.

sardonicerrors

its do or die this year.
HSC
I'm more worried about the fact she actually has to ask what this means, I now know another person that will be below me in Extension History in the state.
you're pathetic. its bad enough you dont have any advice to give. go display your bogus arrogance and pride elsewhere.

lailaa, my teacher said it is possible to include case studies so long as its relevant to your thesis and the source they give you with your question.

good luck with your studies!! =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)