HSC STUDENTS: Have you ever had that feeling where you go: Fuck this, I quit!? (1 Viewer)

SpoonSamba

HSC
only reason I haven't dropped out really is i enjoy one subject and cos i didn't go through this much stress and boredom for nothing

even though my uai will be like 40

and i met a guy yesterday he's like forties i think and he did a phd on ancient rome, obviously a really smart man. And he's been driving taxi's for 15 years 'cos eh couldn't get a job.

So HSC isn't everything guys :)

catherinet

HSC
Try to put the HSC in perspective (easier said than done, i know)

Just realise that obsessive teachers, demanding parents and compeditive friends are driving themselves crazy over something as stupid as a number!

Just because you spend 2 years killing yourself with stress, doesn't mean that you're going to achieve any better than those who moderate school work and relaxation.

You don't get extra credit points from sleepless nights!!!

There are always ways to get into the field that you are interested in other than getting a UAI of 101.

Relax and try your best.
It will work out, and if it doesn't, it's OK because there are other options.

GRANTCORE

HSC
I Have that feeling every day i pull up at school!
and it fucks with your head when one of your friends left in year 10, went to tafe to do the hsc, and she finished the hsc course in less than a year, and is now getting paid shitloads while you left at the cunt they call school, failing and doing subjects that are shit cause your school doesnt carry the subjects you wished to do :bomb:

louise08

HSC
Originally Posted by lyounamu
If I get between 70 and 80 UAI, I can at least become a teacher.

If I get between 80 and 90 UAI, I can work hard at Uni at some random degree to make my way up

If I get between 90 and 95 UAI, that's a bonus

If I get between 95 and 99 UAI, my yearly salary is definitely 50000+

If I get over 99 UAI, only thing that is ahead of me is success.

You see? There are also ways out of anything.

I find this a little offensive. '70-80 at least I can become a teacher'
Im trying really hard to be able to get into a uni degree to be able to teach, and that requires me to get UAI 78 or at my dream uni UAI of 86.
I really hate how everyone under estimates teachering careers these days.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
louise08 said:
Im trying really hard to be able to get into a uni degree to be able to teach, and that requires me to get UAI 78 or at my dream uni UAI of 86.
I really want to be a teacher too, the only thing that is stopping me is that the pay is crappy.

Alissia

HSC
man i feel like this everytym i got this one subject that i ful hate and i cant drop!!! i feel like this now that im studying for my trials coz i dnt think im gonna remember everything that ill need to...

but i guess i dnt hav as much pressure as some ppl coz i dnt have the standard to live up to since im the first out of all my relatives and my own family to even go to year 12.. but for myself i just want to get a really good UAI but according to SAM i dnt think thats good to happen so yeah *crash and burn*

a.Limjoco

HSC
chewy123 said:
I really want to be a teacher too, the only thing that is stopping me is that the pay is crappy.
yeah, my dream is to be a teacher too, but cant say I love the pay. so i'm aiming for Engineering. if i dont make it, well then i'll actually be happy and do what I want :) teaching ! punk kids..

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
louise08 said:
Originally Posted by lyounamu
If I get between 70 and 80 UAI, I can at least become a teacher.

If I get between 80 and 90 UAI, I can work hard at Uni at some random degree to make my way up

If I get between 90 and 95 UAI, that's a bonus

If I get between 95 and 99 UAI, my yearly salary is definitely 50000+

If I get over 99 UAI, only thing that is ahead of me is success.

You see? There are also ways out of anything.

You obviously need that get the sarcasm that I intended.

I want to be a teacher too. Why would I make a joke about it?

You should have actually tried to read the previous threads become coming to that conclusion.

xsjado

HSC
lyounamu said:
You obviously need that get the sarcasm that I intended.

I want to be a teacher too. Why would I make a joke about it?

You should have actually tried to read the previous threads become coming to that conclusion.
how is that sarcasm?
And if it is, how is it then not a joke?

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
louise08 said:
if you read Namu's posts after that you'll find that he said he was being SARCASTIC!!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
xsjado said:
how is that sarcasm?
And if it is, how is it then not a joke?
I was indirectly saying that teaching degree should have higher UAI cut-off because there are people who seem to choose university courses based on UAI cut-off. They think higher UAI-cut-off degrees are better and hence some people choose to defer.

I was intending it to be a joke with the element of sarcasm.

As a student who aspires to be a teacher myself, there aren't reasons for me to ridicule that course. If you look at my profile, I already said that my desired career is teaching. Having said that I realised that my post could have been offensive and I deleted it. Please move on as Without Wings suggested.

louise08

HSC
Alright my bad lyounamu, I didn't read the previous posts. But I wasn't going to let that comment go by without saying something, but now I half understand, so I am sorry for jumping to conclusions.

Last edited:

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
Yes had this feeling all holidays until today when a friend came over and she got me back into study mode so hopefully im back on top of things till after the HSC.

Alvik

HSC
I had that feeling about half way through last year.

And still do.

However, my self-inflated ego is keeping me going (Y)

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
i had a fuck this moment a few hours ago, =.=

FUCK YOU EXTENSION ENGLISH

HSC
I have had that moment yesterday, i was actually considering it for a moment then i thought, how long do i have? i can tough it out

conics2008

HSC
Rhanoct said:
i had a fuck this moment a few hours ago, =.=

FUCK YOU EXTENSION ENGLISH
Yes let it out, I will share my pain along with you.

FUCK YOU STANDARD ENGLISH. GO Beep your self owen in the beeping ear. Henery you beep why do you have to drink to much, why dont you beep the beep cows in the ear.

Can someone Beep me in the EAR !!!

HSC
I just have to keep telling myself "one more term, one more term" and then 5 exams.

yes, five BIG exams but then its OVER, OVER FOREVER.
then we have like 4 months+ til uni. :D

HSC
:(:( everyday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have to do my majors but im sliiping so bad in my other subjects that i want to do them but i cant cause majors are due first

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)