• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

HSC Survival Guide (3 Viewers)

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
l was going to use it for the goals, but now its just sitting in my room somewherewith 1 goal in it, which l can't remember what it was...for a minute there l thought our school actually cared about us and our HSC..pfft l was so wrong.

I read through the tips in about 5 mins...its practically general knowledge stuff...most of it was taken from Mastering the HSC guide.

olay

HSC
Originally posted by ~*HSC 4 life*~
omg the survival guide has got some of the lamest things...turn to page 20 in the achieved/assessment column 7th up from the bottom hahahahahah 'came 6th...YO!' lol and pg 18 "can't concentrate-panic!"

hahahahahhahahahaha....ok im bored

ROFL also on pg 20: 'Ask Mum for gym sub for b'day' - "Mum said I don't need it. She can't afford it". o_O I gotta say, the "CAME 6th! Yo!" kills all though. *rolls around in a fit of laughter*

anyway, i love the CSU calendar. i come home, write what i want to get done in the day/next few days. then i'll wake up and they'll be my goals for the day.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Misturi
....I read through the tips in about 5 mins...its practically general knowledge stuff...most of it was taken from Mastering the HSC guide.
actually "mastering the hsc" was written after the survival guide! :p

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
actually "mastering the hsc" was written after the survival guide! :p
Really?

Wow, l didn't know that...well lets turn that around and put that mastering the Hsc is a more mature, and better guide.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
i'm sure ive seen people selling some of the guides in the forum lol
yes it is cheap because we get them for free.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Misturi
Really?

Wow, l didn't know that...well lets turn that around and put that mastering the Hsc is a more mature, and better guide.
yeah, mastering hsc is a way better book- thats why it costs money! :D

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
we got ours (the HSC survival thingo) the other day "the new and improved 2004" edition...pfft wateva, its exactly the same except the dates on the calendar are different...full of useless crap and ads plugging excel...the book itself is a stress buster...hilarious

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
OMG ur CSU planner is hilarious t-i-m-m-y!! u look like u had a stressful year! lots of scribbling...i highlight the days as they go by and the amount of highlighted area is starting to creep toward the box marked "2004 HSC starts"....oh no

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
haha i knew ppl would say that:p

the scribbling consists of:
1. boredom
2. figuring out maths stuff

lol but yeah; i planned to deface it; it was stuck on my table; and hey it bears the marks of a 99+ student lol

Originally posted by Sarah168
OMG ur CSU planner is hilarious t-i-m-m-y!! u look like u had a stressful year!
haha yeah but i didn't stress; maybe scribbling is the way to de-stress

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by Sarah168
the book itself is a stress buster...hilarious
Yeah.. As seen in the quotes posted above. I remember the section detailing a student's 'average' day as a poorly done attempt at realism, capped off by the student being a caffeine junkie. I'd post it, but can't find an old copy of it. Ah well.

Ironically, perhaps the hillarity is its real value.

= Jennifer =

HSC
i don;t understand why people who sat the hsc like 10 years ago are telling us how to survive it when it was completely different back then....maybe all us BoS members could make one...lol....

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by = Jennifer =
i don;t understand why people who sat the hsc like 10 years ago are telling us how to survive it when it was completely different back then....maybe all us BoS members could make one...lol....
no, the work load and "stress load" was the same as now (if not more)...so they have all the right to give tips on how to survive. :D

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by = Jennifer =
I would say it was "harder" as the HSC was a 2 year course back when I did it!! (runs and hides before the barrage starts)
Plus things dont really change that much, just the content.. the attitude, skills etc etc is still the same.

BTW, did anyone read the article about the group of students who sat the HSC from the 70"s and how they all failed....... content aside, it was more difficult "way back when" as it was "skills based" not "regurgitation based" (with ref. to the humanities style courses and sciences of the post 2001 HSC)

= Jennifer =

HSC
Originally posted by snapperhead

BTW, did anyone read the article about the group of students who sat the HSC from the 70"s and how they all failed....... content aside, it was more difficult "way back when" as it was "skills based" not "regurgitation based" (with ref. to the humanities style courses and sciences of the post 2001 HSC)
yep i did...that was in a sunday paper a while back

santaslayer

HSC
i would of liked it better if it was skills based......at least i didnt have to really "study"

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by santaslayer
i would of liked it better if it was skills based......at least i didnt have to really "study"
you still had to study but you couldnt "prepare" set responses like you can now (it was based on Yrs 11 and 12 not just yr 12) plus "we" (lord I sound old..."back in the day") didnt have access to standards packages/sample answers etc.
Didnt have access to resources like this forum either ;) (now I sound *really* old.....sitting in rocking chair and remembering the days before the internet) LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)