• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

HSC Survival Guide (1 Viewer)

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by snapperhead
BTW, did anyone read the article about the group of students who sat the HSC from the 70"s and how they all failed....... content aside, it was more difficult "way back when" as it was "skills based" not "regurgitation based" (with ref. to the humanities style courses and sciences of the post 2001 HSC)
Yeah, in the Sun Herald. The article's main statement was that every student did worse in the 1968 paper, yet in the comparitive scores, one student actually scored higher on the 1968 paper than the 2003 version.. Damn tabloid newspapers and their gross generalisation.

However, I can see how 'regurgitation' is currently more of a possibility than it would have been prior to the WWW.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Gregor Samsa
However, I can see how 'regurgitation' is currently more of a possibility than it would have been prior to the WWW.
which was the point of the article!!!......
pity the students didnt know what was expected-could of been interesting to see how their English "skills" would have gone in a "true" skills based exam (but then, you couldnt really prepare so I guess this point is kind of stupid........)

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by = Jennifer =
i don;t understand why people who sat the hsc like 10 years ago are telling us how to survive it when it was completely different back then....maybe all us BoS members could make one...lol....
there goes the job of every teacher then!!
LOL:)

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
btw, did any of u guys get the "csu student calender"?
Hahaha I got one a few weeks ago, and then I moved house, so it got all scrunched up. I went looking for a new one yesterday, but there weren't any left :(

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
our school has like 50 of them left over...its sitting in a box in my history classroom...

= Jennifer =

HSC
Originally posted by Sarah168
our school has like 50 of them left over...its sitting in a box in my history classroom...

sell em to people to dont have one....LOL.....jks....who would want a book full of ads anyway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)