HSC timetable (1 Viewer)

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
i did back to back exams last year (i’m doing a compressed curriculum hsc, so i have already technically got half my hsc, for clarity) and it was absolutely rough, not to scare you but i don’t wish for that again hahaha
Do you like doing the compressed curriculum or would you prefer to do it the usual way?

mvrcuriee

#1 SK
HSC
mums if pdhpe is in the last week i'll be having a word w NESA i dont wanna be a last week warrior.

rosieohposie

HSC
Do you like doing the compressed curriculum or would you prefer to do it the usual way?
this is a really good question actually!
i'm not sure, i think both schemes have upsides and downsides - it is definitely better during exam season studying for 3 subjects as opposed to 6, and i feel more confident going into this year's hsc because i already have half of mine and know what that environment is like, but also you can fall behind super fast if you miss even a few days of school, because one day missed is basically equivalent to 2 days in the mainstream system, which can add up
the system does mean some subjects are limited, like no soc or eng ext 2 (or anything with a major work or project, really) because time-wise it is pretty impractical to get any major projects done in time which sucks :(

HSC
i'm not sure, i think both schemes have upsides and downsides - it is definitely better during exam season studying for 3 subjects as opposed to 6, and i feel more confident going into this year's hsc because i already have half of mine and know what that environment is like, but also you can fall behind super fast if you miss even a few days of school, because one day missed is basically equivalent to 2 days in the mainstream system, which can add up
the system does mean some subjects are limited, like no soc or eng ext 2 (or anything with a major work or project, really) because time-wise it is pretty impractical to get any major projects done in time which sucks :(
random question but since you did them last year, did you get your marks back or do you get them along with the rest of your hsc?

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
thanks for answering!
It does sound nice as I'd rather focus on 3 subjects rather than divide it on 6 and that early HSC experience would really help but I can see the impractical side of it also. Unfortunate about major works :(

spiderfan44

HSC
Memorising 4 essays and then adapting them to questions is going to be the end of me 😭

My eng teacher told us that we should do what I said above but another eng teacher said that you should never memorise and adapt bc markers know so what do I do??
wait do we have to memorize 4 essays for the hsc exam??

spiderfan44

HSC
im pretty sure most of my exams will be in the last week bcuz i take low scaling subjects

aqwerty13402

HSC
But i always think. How am i going to have all the knowledge in my head? Like yeah i do good during the term, but how am i going to have roughly 4 topics per subject, for so many subjects? Idk its so overwhelming

aqwerty13402

HSC
from memory last year's timetable came out at 10am
im pretty sure most of my exams will be in the last week bcuz i take low scaling subjects
They don't base it on scaling, its based on how popular it is. Correct me if im wrong, but i've heard that the more popular subjects are spaced out. So Maths, Biology, Business Studies, (and other popular ones) are usually pretty spaced out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)