HSCers! What were YOU actually doing during Prelims? (1 Viewer)

jamesfirst

HSC
On my report card it says I got A throughout the year for Chemistry but I got D in the Prelim exam (it was hard) so I got B...

For Physics I got a C and for math I can't remember, it's either B or C.

For English I got D or E and got told to drop down to standard english but I resisted and now I'm doing really good :)

For SOR I didn't study at all. As for music also

ameher

HSC
On my report card it says I got A throughout the year for Chemistry but I got D in the Prelim exam (it was hard) so I got B...

For Physics I got a C and for math I can't remember, it's either B or C.

For English I got D or E and got told to drop down to standard english but I resisted and now I'm doing really good :)

For SOR I didn't study at all. As for music also
Yer the hsc is a totally diffrent ball game, so yer i wouldnt stress to much about year 11.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Basically in Prelim, a lot of crap takes precedence over the actual content.

failwhale

HSC
the only thing i really studied for in year 11 was maths so that i can be accepted into the 4u class.

after all, year 11 doesn't count for sh1t

annagurl

HSC
N/A
Which subjects should I actually pay attention to in class? I heard that some prelim course subjects are completely different or irrelevant to the HSC course.
My subjects:
- Maths
- Maths extension one
- studies of religion one
- chem
- bio
- business studoes
- advanced english

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Which subjects should I actually pay attention to in class? I heard that some prelim course subjects are completely different or irrelevant to the HSC course.
My subjects:
- Maths
- Maths extension one
- studies of religion one
- chem
- bio
- business studoes
- advanced english
Just Maths
Oh and for Chem and Bio, just study minor things like forumulas etc

eerything else you can piss off

annagurl

HSC
N/A
Just Maths
Oh and for Chem and Bio, just study minor things like forumulas etc

eerything else you can piss off
Can I get a HSCer to confirm that what he/she said is true? :p

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
Can I get a HSCer to confirm that what he/she said is true? :p
yeah, make sure you understand everything in maths, the basics (eg moles) of chem and how to write a good essay. that's pretty much all you need to get through prelims.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
yeah, make sure you understand everything in maths, the basics (eg moles) of chem and how to write a good essay. that's pretty much all you need to get through prelims.
Thought so

All i am really doing for study for maths is remember every rule and formula

jamesfirst

HSC
I think you should focus on math tho

because HSC = HSC course + Prelim course. I didn't pay attention in polynomials and parametrics section and I'm getting a lot of shit. Lucky I studied hard for both and seem to be doing better than few people in my class.. but polynomial is still hard for me (those hard ass questions, not the easy ones =P)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
how is first year of uni ?

is it safe to say that 'I am not going to study. I will work and play like fkkkkkkkkkk"
First years pretty cool when compared to high school. Uni gets better after first though, because you've settled in more.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Would you describe the Uni work load more or less than the HSC?
Can't say. It depends on how much effort you put into your HSC and what course you're doing. Uni work seems different to HSC, so they're hard to compare.

jamesfirst

HSC
Can't say. It depends on how much effort you put into your HSC and what course you're doing. Uni work seems different to HSC, so they're hard to compare.
How different?

Different as in the amount of workloads you get or the difficulty ?

How many times do you go to Uni a week and how much hour do you spend in Uni per day???... I want to imagine the peaceful life I would obtain in Uni life... that is come home, rest, play games and go out without having to worry about my grades =)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
How different?

Different as in the amount of workloads you get or the difficulty ?

How many times do you go to Uni a week and how much hour do you spend in Uni per day???... I want to imagine the peaceful life I would obtain in Uni life... that is come home, rest, play games and go out without having to worry about my grades =)
This session I've crammed it all into three days. Usually it's more though for my degree.

For me, it's different in the way it is given. I do presentations, proposals and major essays rather than weekly homework. So it's more long term planning, rather than short term Q&A. Likewise, because I don't really have exams, the way I need to study changes. It's not about facts and problems, it becomes more about the overall picture.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)