hurrah for history nerds :D (1 Viewer)

Vampire Maharet

anyone else just completely in love with ancient history?Or am I the only freaky history nerd weirdo here?

anyway,if you haven't run screaming for the hills yet,why not tell why you like ancient and what year 12 subject you were most looking forward to doing in ancient this year(yeah that includes last term too)

:D

why do I get the feeling I'm going to be all alone on this one...... :(

professor

i love history as well, but didn't take it as a course in prelim and i really regret it since i took IPT instead coz my teacher said i'll do really well in it...:(

professor

Consistent B's without studying, but i dun have the motivation anymore while in history, man i dun need motivations and still get A's during yr9/10

Ram_Booster

Ancient history is the best course you can

sure it may be long, but you remembeit easier cause you actually enjoy it, well i do

only sh*t thing was that my school didnt offer it as no students applied the year before :mad:

wednesday

yeh i love ancient i was psyched to do extension history but my school refused to do it!!! so not happy and we had heaps of kids n teachers who wanted to do it as well. im not sure what we're doing all year but so far we've done minoan society and are currently doing agrippina the 2nd

malayz_angel

I love ancient history too-- actually I'm doing ancient, modern AND extension. I just have a really boring teacher who continously drills the same shit in our heads and doesn't start on anything new!!!

"If nobody's perfect then I want to be nobody."

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
i really enjoyed studying Agrippina... she was cool...

right now we are studying Ancient Roman writers and we have all been assigned one to do our oral on... i got stuck with 'Pliny The Elder' who is SO boring (and stupid... he decided to sit close to volcano when it errupted)

;)

wednesday

Hey, for our next 2 topics we're doing Greece 440-500 bc and greece 500-880 bc or something along those lines. Hey snakeoils did u find Agrippina confusing? and did u make any good study notes on her that you'd like to share with me :D

wednesday

i just got an email saying someone replied to a msg i posted in here but now it isnt showing up-my computer has major issues

has everyone recently completed an 18% assessment task? how'd ya'll go?

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
we have our assessment coming up in two weeks... only 15% tho...i just cant seem to get started on it

wednesday

my friends just did sparta they said it was hella hard, the only evidence was like written down accounts by some guy or something. But this said the same girl who said that was the girl who got 100% for the assessment!

whats ur assessment on snakeoils?

ellebelle

Originally posted by ~*MIZREX*~
is ne one doing sparta? ancient history is sooo much work:mad:
Yeah we're doing Sparta this term. We're going to Milsons Point next Monday on an excursion for a seminar "Discover Spartan Society". I have no idea how helpful it will be.

PiRo

ellebelle, ~*MIZREX*~
i did sparta last year, very intresting to say the least (as with all other ancient history topics), just make sure u know enough bout the social structure and the government system, and know all the anicent spartans words for them, a few of them are way too simmilar....

mannnnndy

chocoholic
Originally posted by ellebelle

Yeah we're doing Sparta this term. We're going to Milsons Point next Monday on an excursion for a seminar "Discover Spartan Society". I have no idea how helpful it will be.
WOOHOO!!!! hooray for ancient history study days:D I have been on way too many of those:p Some of them are good, some are bad, it just depends on who the speakers are. Is Kathryn Welch going to be at yours? she was at ours and she was quite interesting, but on the otherhand I found Gae Callender (egypt) EXTREMELY boring. But I still recommend going to them cause you get a different opinion on the ancient & modern sources from your teacher, and in history opinions make a lot of difference.

Christine

beige member
HSC
i love aggie (agrippina the 2nd)

it can get very confusing tho i do agree, anyone whos lost i reccomend watching I claudius or doing a bit of background reading on augustus and the Julio claudians.

wednesday

christine, i got told that some facts in I claudius are incorrect is that true?

oh and did you hear that calligula aka gaius inducted a horse into the senate??? what a crazy person

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)