Hypothetical Scenario Regarding Yr7 to the HSC (1 Viewer)

TBK11

HSC
This is just completely random...
I was just wondering this got me thinking, I have been walking to school for 5 years and everyday its the same path I take to school 25mins Walk to school 25mins back home. I know the route back to front and where every street is the name of every street and what street comes where and what the roads look like ect.. ect..

Now Im just wondering say if someone in Year 7 Just started and downloaded notes off bos for 5 subjects, all 4 modules, on Prelim/ HSC where alot of memory work is involved and has been reading those notes on a daily basis everyday all the way from year 7 up to year end of yr10.

What would the result be? Would a person actually master the HSC?
Has any tried something like this?
If this sounds stupid I don't blame you, It's just a thought that occurred to me.
:)

Kralex

HSC
I reckon it would work, finding someone to do it would be impossible.

martinc

HSC
I don't think it would work out.

I believe that most people will already know the content by the time of the HSC.

It is more to do with how you answer the question and how you can word it so that the marker knows what you are trying to communicate.

Plus, in short, the notes on BOS don't allow you to understand the concept they're just notes after all =p

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

I believe that most people will already know the content by the time of the HSC.

It is more to do with how you answer the question and how you can word it so that the marker knows what you are trying to communicate.

Plus, in short, the notes on BOS don't allow you to understand the concept they're just notes after all =p
Some subjects dont require you to understand the concept really...

zxreth

HSC
i doubt it would work, because by the time he finishes remembering one subject he'll forget another and will end up repeating the process which is completely pointless.

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
They'd have to be suitably intelligent to understand what they're actually memorising (dependent on the subjects of course)

This isn't particularly difficult, but finding someone willing to do such a thing is a little harder...

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
Any syllabus changes would put a spanner in the works.

Same with the school switching modules/content.

hvf26

Awesome Member
HSC
i did this for hsc bio and prelim phys in yr10

honestly i forgot most of the things (i only went like 2 modules in each)

but it helps to remember some facts (very few may i say.)

a problem with this is, in your junior years you dont have the extent of experience in exams (particularly prelim/hsc) and also you dont know HOW to do hsc work. i can testifnces are unior science work compared with hsc sciences is quite different, using the dot points and placing so much emphasis on the syllabus etc

so no, im certain this wouldnt work. unless you got tutored how to do senior level work in junior years

Misyndo

HSC
By that theory, we should be studying ahead for our university degrees 3-7 years ahead of time.

We are bound to get HD average in every course that we do!

Because you know, visual recognition of imagery is the same as analysing and understanding concepts and theory without them being explained to you given that you had enough time.

Why this completely makes our education system with teachers and schools redudant! By gosh, what use are teachers now if we have this?!

Oobadoo

HSC
Yeah, I'd say it's possible, just as it's possible to know almost everything in a series of books back-to-front if you read them enough. Though in reality, they'd probably have some kind of mental-disorder by the time they began prelim, and they'd probably have to have some kind of mental or social disorder to want to do this from year 7 anyway, so.

bouncing

HSC

i agree with this, taking someone elses notes and just memorising them is ineffective unless you already know the content and they are only acting as a trigger...

id love to see this happen though
someone experiment on a year 7 please :)

mes ami

HSC
you would get bored going over the same subject material for years. most likely you will become disinterested and do meh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)