I am psychologically messed up. Done 0 work from start of uni. WANT TO KILL MYSELF. (1 Viewer)

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Re: Ive had enough. 100 percent gonna fail this elective. Pls help with options.

Yes it is possible to DNF only one subject.

Don't worry about all the other stuff, you only need to fill out some paperwork which will take less than 5 minutes.
Hey so if I DNF a subject, how will this effect my grades/WAM. Does that mean if I take another elective to replace the one I DNF at summer school that results will count towards my WAM. Sorry for the confusion, but do you get me?

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Re: Ive had enough. 100 percent gonna fail this elective. Pls help with options.

Hey so if I DNF a subject, how will this effect my grades/WAM. Does that mean if I take another elective to replace the one I DNF at summer school that results will count towards my WAM. Sorry for the confusion, but do you get me?
It will not impact your grades at all. It will be as though you never did the subject, but if you get a copy of your academic transcript, it will say DNF next to the subject name.

The elective that you take at summer school will replace it.

sghguos

HSC
N/A

It will not impact your grades at all. It will be as though you never did the subject, but if you get a copy of your academic transcript, it will say DNF next to the subject name.

The elective that you take at summer school will replace it.
In your opinion, how will this effect me getting a Job once I graduate. How will I DNF look in employers eyes etc...

sghguos

HSC
N/A

OK

sghguos

HSC
N/A

Without a good excuse it wouldn't look good.
How certain are you of this? I mean its not like I failed..

Anyway does anyone else have an opinion on this?

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
How certain are you of this? I mean its not like I failed..

Anyway does anyone else have an opinion on this?
100% certain. Withdrawing just because you were lazy or are going to fail it never looks good.

sghguos

HSC
N/A

100% certain. Withdrawing just because you were lazy or are going to fail it never looks good.
Yeah and how do you think they know that? pfft.

avro

HSC

Get off bos and study for the subject and maybe you won't fail. Instead of being so concerned over whether or not a DNF would look bad, shouldn't you be concerned with maximising your transcript and making it look good?

sghguos

HSC
N/A

Get off bos and study for the subject and maybe you won't fail. Instead of being so concerned over whether or not a DNF would look bad, shouldn't you be concerned with maximising your transcript and making it look good?
already decided on a DNF i just want info

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
With an attitude like that you will be lucky if you don't drop out of the degree altogether. Perhaps you should try Tafe instead.

RishBonjour

HSC

this. relax m8. I'm sitting the same midsem and got 0 in last week's tutorial "surprise" quiz. 5 days is probably enough to study.

resourceater

HSC

Geez OP, people are giving you help. quit being so needy, grow up and how about a thank you? at first, i thought people should stop telling you what to do and so if you want to quit then it's your choice, but your whole outlook seems warped.

uac.aplcnt

HSC
Wow......

lol

I only can give you one advice at this point in time, but it does'nt mean im leaving bored of studies...

i.e. Maybe you can go to a Psychologists since your 'Psychologically' messed..? Book for one..

or maybe your expectations are a little too high?

Last edited by a moderator:

RookieLaw

Audit.
HSC
Re: I am psychologically messed up. Done 0 work from start of uni. WANT TO KILL MYSEL

Now I want to start studying now but I CANT. WHY?

because when I look at the given homework/work currently I have ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE WHATSOEVER what I am doing.

Please help me give me options for my life.

Even if I start now studying I probably will fail most of my core subjects since I've ignored my homework and assignments and and dead close to an absent fail.

Maybe this course is not right for me?? or maybe I am just not trying so I dont know...

Should I quit uni? Is there anyway I can start again?? from sem 2?????? From scratch???

Please just give life options right now.
Nothing you can do, just start cramming and hope you get a pass but if not, try harder in semester two and probably transfer to start fresh next year.
Just take this as an early lesson and learn from it.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC

With an attitude like that you will be lucky if you don't drop out of the degree altogether. Perhaps you should try Tafe instead.
Solo, dishing out the truth.

Kittikhun

HSC
Re: I am psychologically messed up. Done 0 work from start of uni. WANT TO KILL MYSEL

Take RookieLaw's advice to the letter. What's in the past is in the past. You can't do anything about it, so don't dwell on it and therefore then freeze; you did your best and did what you thought was right at the time (also time spent enjoying yourself is not really time wasted!). It's the present that counts now. Don't be afraid of failure as well, if you are afraid of it, as it's just a part of life. In making mistakes, we learn the best.

tattoo2200

HSC
N/A

Mate if uni is not working for you take like a gap year and go work and explore the world. PARTY with the BITCHES!!!!!!!!!! if not then try your hardest for your exams. GOOD LUCK!

stickywages

HSC
N/A

Listen to your heart. If you really, really want to do it..then you can.

It's not too late to start now, and there's always hope.

I believe that if you really love something, and you do it...you will succeed.

Don't compare yourself with others - thinking others have started weeks ahead, etc..
they are them, you are you. You are unique. You have unlimited potential to create miracles,
and you can start now - the perfect time. Focus on you: what helps YOU reach your dreams.

Of course, a good night's sleep will help. So try to sleep early tonight,
and start when you wake up tomorrow (after breakfast of course).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)