I Am Scared. (1 Viewer)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
yo, guys, it's ok. it seems scary to everyone for a bit but it isn't that scary. just work hard and make time for a social life so you don't meltdown and go nuts, and you'll be fine! :) good luck all of you.

vg_woz_here

HSC
i was scared at the beginning of year 12...coz all the teachers would say "ur doin the hsc this year...etc etc etc..." but then u kinda get over it......

once the hsc is over...you'll start to think..."was that it?!?" and then feel that the hsc was overrated

Season

HSC
You should just start off with make plans about what you want to do, aim for something you think you could get if you worked non stop all year

call this plan A

Then get something more achievable but you still would be really happy and call this

plan B

and so on and so on

Go down and say the unthinkable happens and you don't get into uni, find a tafe course which looks interesting and know that if all else fails (it won't) then you'll have a nice back up plan to become a millionaire. If something screws up, its okay you'll always have something to fall back on. Don't worry about it now though, its summer holidays- go to the beach, enjoy some underage parties and have the time of your life. Then you can worry about this stuff when school starts.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Yeah it ain't all that bad. If you don't get the marks etc then you always have the following years to make up for it. There are always other ways/paths to reach your goal.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
cupcake08 said:
exactly. yr 12 is the year to party hard while you still can!

work once you get to uni :p
This girl (a fauxmale?) speaks true.

Thread winnar. Close thread.

Actually you can work just before uni and just after hsc (where you should be cruising along like a toyota corolla on automatic). That settles everything, middleground yay!

vanessal

HSC
Gangles.McGee said:
I want to finish the HSC without having to do it. Many people have told me it is over rated, but I think they only realise that after they've finished it.
HAHA. yeah. same.
growing up in your typical asian household adds to a lot of the pressure, especially when your parents start recouting their days back in asia, how they had to walk a million miles just to recive an education, and how they wanted to study hard but lacked the funds ..

mer, thanks for the pep talks =)
:bomb:

:wave: =)

HSC
lol relax im kidding. but dont take it too lightly. as long as you dont ull get into your course, and thats all your aiming to do.

zangetsu.xo

BANGSAT LOOO
anywhere with a bowl of rice and chopsticks in han
HSC
vanessal said:
HAHA. yeah. same.
growing up in your typical asian household adds to a lot of the pressure, especially when your parents start recouting their days back in asia, how they had to walk a million miles just to recive an education, and how they wanted to study hard but lacked the funds ..

mer, thanks for the pep talks =)
heard that talk before.
aaaaish asian parents...

kloudsurfer

HSC
zangetsu.xo said:
heard that talk before.
aaaaish asian parents...
Dont worry, its not just asian parents. African parents are the same. Not only did they have to walk 20 kms to school...then they had to walk 20kms to the market...then they had to walk 20kms to get water from the river while being chased by water buffalo...

Ok so I made the water buffalo bit up, but you get the idea. At this point in the conversation, Im usually thinking 'so what does this have to do with education again?' :) But yeah, its the same idea.

jaaaaay

HSC
haha you guys are funi...
usually people just take asians as korean, jap or chinese eh? but curries are asians indeed... xD

and of course i'm not scared.
it's only the single, most important time in my life which will determine: my career, my future living standards and how my parents, relatives and friends will look at me; pretty much my whole life.

no fear at all. =.=

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
jaaaaay said:
and of course i'm not scared.
it's only the single, most important time in my life which will determine: my career, my future living standards and how my parents, relatives and friends will look at me; pretty much my whole life.

no fear at all. =.=
I genuienly hope that was sarcasm. [comment]Absolutely no need to view the HSC as that, incredibly over-rated.[/comment]

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
It better be because the HSC certainly doesn't determine the rest of your life.

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
I genuienly hope that was sarcasm. [comment]Absolutely no need to view the HSC as that, incredibly over-rated.[/comment]
But, she's so right. :rolleyes:

cupcake08

HSC
kloudsurfer said:
Well some of us have to work to actually get into uni :(
nahh it seems like 90% of the bos population could get into uni off sheer talent and intellect.

but if not i guess maybe a little work in year 12 could be useful...unless you do policing at western sydney or something? haha

jaaaaay

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
heh, you think? =P

basketcase89 said:
But, she's so right. :rolleyes:
*nods*

p.s. soulsearcher... i think you're influencing me to spam o_O

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)