I can't tell if my friend is joking about these threats (1 Viewer)

HSChelppls

HSC
My friend, whose known to be the joker in the year group, always making people laugh and joking around has acted very weirdly lately. He told me that he plans to cause an 'accident' when the HSC exams start, referencing weapons and the like. It seems to me he's trying to hint to me that he's going to do something bad during paper 1. This doesn't sound too serious but I'm genuinely worried about this. He doesn't sound like he's joking and the way he's telling me reinforces it.
What can I do about this situation?

HSChelppls

HSC
Is there a way for me to first find out if he's joking? He HAS had a history of pullin these stunts such as pretending to hate someone and acting cold etc etc

HSChelppls

HSC
Also, his friends have been telling me that they were worried about him too

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Call the police. Tell the school.

He's obviously referencing something malicious and these are the lives of other human beings we are dealing with. You don't want to take chances.

HSChelppls

HSC
I just linked this to his friends and they realised I actually made a thread on it. They showed me screenshots of their group chat and their plans to make me worried and scared for shits and giggles because I'm the one that usually worries the most.
Now I know who to not stay in contact with after HSC. fucking pissed

sy37

HSC
well fuck them over and report it just for kicks

because they'll still take this seriously

Flop21

HSC
https://nsw.crimestoppers.com.au/

See the top right hand corner? "Report online". Notice the form is anonymous.

Please report this. Of course there is a large chance he's joking around and nothing serious is going on, but there is also a chance he could do something dangerous. Would you like to have it on your concious that you did nothing if people get hurt from this kid?

Send any evidence through as well (text screenshots with date). These people sound like assholes as well, this isn't a funny joke and sounds like they need to grow up. You can't joke about things like this, especially with the recent shooting by a teenager.

Hope you report it via crime stoppers... good luck.

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
I just linked this to his friends and they realised I actually made a thread on it. They showed me screenshots of their group chat and their plans to make me worried and scared for shits and giggles because I'm the one that usually worries the most.
"Let's make it out that we're going to massacre innocent civillians to make our friend worry hahaha we're so cool guys"

Anyway, if its not legit don't report it. I suggest reevaluating who you hang out with though.

Last edited:

HSChelppls

HSC
Thanks guys. I have a 90% belief it's not legit now. They all showed me screenshots dating a couple of days back with all of them including the person I was talking about detailing ideas how to make me scared and shit. And they chose this guy to be the main person because I would believe that one the most

Flop21

HSC
Thanks guys. I have a 90% belief it's not legit now. They all showed me screenshots dating a couple of days back with all of them including the person I was talking about detailing ideas how to make me scared and shit. And they chose this guy to be the main person because I would believe that one the most
report them to make them "scared and shit" lol

crowley926

HSC
Wtf that's so dog of them
Don't worry though you were only trying to do the right thing

Flop21

HSC
Reporting them could fuck their lifes over. Not make them "scared and shit".

Think before you act bud.
Why would I care? Don't make stupid threats. If I was OP I would have reported them, especially because it would have been my exam / life in jeopardy.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Maybe talk to them about it? But I would still report it to the school or the police. I never had to be in a situation where I questioned my friends' jokes though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)