• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

i have a canine tooth and it embarass me!!! (1 Viewer)

noizy asassen

HSC
N/A
You have three options, imo:

- pull out your canines. If you do this you'll probably need to get braces anyway (at least for a while) to close the huge gaping hole where they used to be. Also canines have huge roots and actually support part of your facial structure, so your face might sag in a bit where your canines are.

- get braces to fix it. If its as severe a problem as you're making it out to be, then you'll probably need a few premolars extracted to make room in your mouth to correct the problem, and you probably won't be able to use that 'invisalign' thingie because iirc those are only for relatively minor faults.

- toughen up and ignore it.

Consult with an ortho before you actually do anything, though.

And btw having teeth pulled out isn't as painful as having braces, cos you get painkillers for extractions but you have to live with the piece of metal in your mouth for a couple years.

elmo rox!! :D

HSC
You have three options, imo:

- pull out your canines. If you do this you'll probably need to get braces anyway (at least for a while) to close the huge gaping hole where they used to be. Also canines have huge roots and actually support part of your facial structure, so your face might sag in a bit where your canines are.

- get braces to fix it. If its as severe a problem as you're making it out to be, then you'll probably need a few premolars extracted to make room in your mouth to correct the problem, and you probably won't be able to use that 'invisalign' thingie because iirc those are only for relatively minor faults.

- toughen up and ignore it.

Consult with an ortho before you actually do anything, though.

And btw having teeth pulled out isn't as painful as having braces, cos you get painkillers for extractions but you have to live with the piece of metal in your mouth for a couple years.
have you had braces

jules.09

HSC
I am really having a problem with my canine tooth.. i want it to be pull out by a dentistbut the thing is i dont have the guts to go to a dental clinic and have it pull out.

I hate it.

It was most of the time very embarassing in my part when people get to see my canine tooth. What can you suggest? anyone of you who have the same case as mine?
Orthodontist.

Believe me, they can work ANYTHING. Worst case scenario, actual dental surgery under general, will take time but your teeth can be awesome after. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)