i have been fired by coles for theft, will there be any records?? (1 Viewer)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I would be ver surprised if they didn't contact the police. I know at woolworths it is policy to charge employees, no matter how little the amount

jameszst

HSC
N/A
they said if u own up then no police will envolved...

so what happen when you are been charged?

only thing happen to me is they wrote down my confession and get me to sign the termination letter.

never heard from them again

btw do they have retail theft database or what ever in australia.?? anyone knoe?

i know its wrong and sorry for it..recklessness

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
I would be ver surprised if they didn't contact the police. I know at woolworths it is policy to charge employees, no matter how little the amount
How much is 'how little' in your experience? At my work (Maccas, lol) people regularly 'lose' twenty dollar notes and don't get fired, just yelled at. I regularly 'lose' two dollar coins.

I love how these major chains don't give a fuck about the security of their workers' personal items e.g. wallet and phone "oh it's your responsibility" but as soon as they lose a bit of money (which they deserve to, the pay rates are shit) they do care.

/endrant

jameszst

HSC
N/A
ok...i knoe i am wrong....

but does anybody have idea on what i am talking about?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
You won't have a criminal record if they didn't get the police involved

I don't know if there's any like company-wide record of this sort of thing because I've never worked for Coles, but I daresay their HR department or something will have a record of it.

If you want another job I would cut your losses and not mention Coles on your resume. You're certainly not going to get a good reference out of them now anyway.

Also, you're an idiot.

jameszst

HSC
N/A
thanks for the response..

i know in US they have retail theft database that records these. they are owned by private companies and the retail giants suscribe to these record to do background checks. just wandering if they are any in sydney.

ok ....i know i am a idiot for doing that....:bomb:

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
how long ago did this occur first? if yesterday, there is still time for them to contact the police because technically it can be classed as fraud and few other things.

secondly COLES is a huge conglomeration so i wouldn't try for a job at any coles myer related business cause, your name will come up and see that you have worked for a franchise before and pfft your gone.

Seriously, your an idiot for doing it, and really they might still gete ghe police invovled if they want. depending on how the general manager feels.

P.S. how much was it? cause if it's over $20 they probally get the cops there

jameszst

HSC
N/A
thats 2 weeks ago. can they contact the cops without letting me know?
what happens next when they contact the cops?

i just got a group interview done with wollies..
worried now if they will found out. will wollies just contact my referees or will they contact all the employers on the resume? and when will they contact the referees?before/after group interview or after secound interview,

thanks for the response again...:sun:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
honestly if I were you I would not be including Coles on your resume from now on.

I had a bad experience at my first job that ended in me quitting and on pretty bad terms with the manager who was then there. I was told by company HR at the time that they would provide me with a reference should I want one, but I only put the store as a referee after I could confirm that said manager had left which was about three months later. Didn't want to risk him slagging me off to a potential employer - and I hadn't even done anything wrong. If I'd stolen from them I definitely wouldn't be going around telling people I worked there.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
The big question is why did you do it? Did you think you would really get away with it with the technology at their disposal? At the end of the day you helped your friend and you get the sack and nothing happens to them. Yeh that was worth it.

dan2452

HSC
Its up to the manager whether you get charged or not (if they HATE you... bad luck) although they will definately have a record of it in the database.

Omit it from your resume.

P.S. To anyone reading this thread, do NOT do this!!! (although you'd know that anyway)

jameszst

HSC
N/A
how will know if they had charged you?

they should let me know if they had right?

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
If they decide to press charges, it'll be the cops turning up at your door, not Coles.

I'm sure Coles HR would keep a record as to why you were terminated. Like others have said, omit Coles from your resume and move on.

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
You're an idiot.

Also, for including coles on your resume, you are even more of an idiot than i thought.

Good luck getting a job at Woolworths.

edit: Who are you laughing at ladyy-nemo?

Last edited:

ladyy-nemo

DOWN ASS BITCH!
HSC
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I'm sorry. I had to laugh!

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes, if you put coles on your resume for woolworths, your fucked, because they will check, and they will find out, your then pretty much barred from working from a fair chunk of jobs.

Roguedeth

HSC
ahahahahahaahaha I've got nothing useful to add.

You dumb mother fucker. If you get a record you're fucked for life.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
You're an idiot.

Not because you stole money from Coles 2 or so weeks ago for some unexplained reason to give to your friend.

But because after said 'termination' from Coles, you immediately applied for another supermarket to work at.

Honestly. Just work in a job that doesn't involve you standing infront of a till full of money. Then you won't have to make stupid threads trying to earn absolution from anonymous individuals about your petty supermarket crime?

rokkuguhyo

HSC
You're an idiot.

Honestly. Just work in a job that doesn't involve you standing infront of a till full of money. Then you won't have to make stupid threads trying to earn absolution from anonymous individuals about your petty supermarket crime?
Pretty much sums it up.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
you're an idiot.

Not because you stole money from coles 2 or so weeks ago for some unexplained reason to give to your friend.

But because after said 'termination' from coles, you immediately applied for another supermarket to work at.

+1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)