i have no motivation!! (1 Viewer)

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
having a tutor is a good way of getting motivated to study...
wish mine were still around, my maths tutor and english tutor got too busy at the beginning of the trials so i'm all alone... alonnneeee

jessum

HSC
i found some motivation last night, coz my siblings were being little shits so i had a tantrum and spent the night in my room. and there was nothing to do but study... so i did and it made me feel better :)
so maybe ive turned over a new leaf, and from now on ill be a nerd, and ill surprise everyone and get a 99 UAI :D

= Jennifer =

HSC
i was just reading a story of a student who is really motivated i copied at pasted it for anyone who wants to read it..

Piles of past exam papers, study guides, notes, summaries and texts lay on my desk. On the wall, I had drawn up a revision timetable and was miles behind schedule. I knew that the better my university entrance score, the more options I would have and yet nothing seemed to motivate me. When I couldn't fall asleep, my timetable haunted me. I should have written ten essays by now. How do I get a handle on differential calculus? And the recurring nightmare: that I would disappoint my parents and teachers.

Attending an academically selective high school, it seemed as if so many of my peers had developed a perfect revision technique. The boy who had achieved dux every year since Year 7 - everyone knew he could ace the final exams. Talking to my classmates and finding out how they coped was important in dispelling my misperception of 'geniuses who don't need to study'. The reality is that everyone has to study, everyone feels pressured but it is their attitudes that differ. Although seeing others for their strengths was vital, one of my biggest mental challenges was to believe in developing my own strengths as well.

I was able to seek advice from family and friends, and modified my study techniques in the lead up to the exams. To boost my confidence, I recalled the best mark that I received in each of my subjects, the steps I took to achieve that mark and what I enjoyed most about the learning process. As someone who visualises information easily, my motivation for English increased when I started creating mind-maps to summarise the texts.

Clearing my desk, I placed the books for one subject at a time on the desk as I studied. Instead of the timetable, my walls had short quotes such as "It may be difficult but it is possible!" and a 'Post-Exams' list. I started to use scrap paper instead of new lined paper when writing practise essays to make myself realise that it was draft that could be improved.

Being surrounded by people who sometimes studied at lunch, I got caught up in the notion 'drop everything and just study'. Every moment away from the desk felt like a moment wasted. I felt guilty just enjoying a one hour TV show. Funnily enough, I found that getting away from the books for half-and-hour or so really helped. Particularly at times when my brain felt almost overloaded with information, when everything became a distraction - getting something to eat even though I wasn't hunger, reorganising my notes, tidying the house. Every so often, I walked outside and gazed up at the sky - the clear atmosphere and direction itself put my anxieties into perspective.

As the weekends, weeks and months flew by and the final exams approached, nervousness became motivation. My motto these days is: If you're ready to put in the hard yards, anything's possible. And I'm ready!

[sorry about the long post]

Last edited:

reptile

i can't get motivated either. i have all these anxiety dreams about the english exam. one night i dreamt i was in the exam and the paper was nothing like i expected, and then spike from buffy was sitting next to me and he wrote my name on his paper do i wouldn't fail :D i just feel like i can't do it alone, i wanna be with friends and study with them, but i know if im with my mates we'll get distracted...uuurgh everyone is smarter than me! :(

DaRanjed

My friend has a cousin who studies like 10 hours a day in the holidays.
After hearing that, I've become kinda unmotivated.
HOPEfully, I'll start studying HARD next week.

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
We only have freaking four weeks *tafe* and I want to cry! I only have four days until the holidays end and I've done nothing! I've tried about an hour or so worth of maths study, but I still keep thinking, the more I study, it still isn't good enough - long story short, worked my ass off studying for maths last semester, and got 20/50........so basically my confidence is shot to hell..

lalaynie

I am such a goner, I think maybe I should look at a text book... but there has been so much other stuf to do, sleep, eat... party... beach... really, i can study in my sleep with a bitch of a hangover ... right???

HSC
N/A
i have had no motiviation these holidays, so today to change that i got up and put on my school uniform. and got my mum to make me launch like she does on school days and then i packed my school bag and walked into the room where i study and tried to study. i thought mabye making it fell like school would help me do school work. it did not work i just at my launch in the morning and went on the net.

o well, i will try something different tomorrow.

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
^ haha thats cool, acting like it is school to the extreme extent ( unifrom etc) maybe you could make your mum the "teacher" and get her to check up on you every half an hour to see if you do your work ...

Lorie

HSC
utopia_parkway said:
i have had no motiviation these holidays, so today to change that i got up and put on my school uniform. and got my mum to make me launch like she does on school days and then i packed my school bag and walked into the room where i study and tried to study. i thought mabye making it fell like school would help me do school work. it did not work i just at my launch in the morning and went on the net.

haha, thats classic.

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
reptile said:
i can't get motivated either. i have all these anxiety dreams about the english exam. one night i dreamt i was in the exam and the paper was nothing like i expected, and then spike from buffy was sitting next to me and he wrote my name on his paper do i wouldn't fail :D i just feel like i can't do it alone, i wanna be with friends and study with them, but i know if im with my mates we'll get distracted...uuurgh everyone is smarter than me! :(

lol lol lol!!
so random!

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
utopia_parkway said:

LOL! even more random!
you guys are awesome :D
i don't think i'll go that far... maybe next week :D

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
utopia_parkway said:

omg u freak
u just have to make yourself
you will get no where in life if u cant make yourself do something as little as make urself study

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
hey, desperate times call for desperate measures!
how many hours of study would you say is reasonable?

lilmzqt

+.~*Special*~.+
HSC
jessum said:
i seem to be the only person from my school whos not studying 24/7. or at least 4 or 5 hours a day....i have no motivation at all to study, and it shits my family coz they think im gunna be heaps cut when the results come out, but i dont see it..
i cant be bothered, and dont see the point, and im just plain lazy as well
how do i get motivated.. is there any way, or do i have to just find it within me lol.
:mad:
grr to the hsc
like evri1 been sayin.....it will come! wen u reeli think bout how bad u'll do if u dont.......lol
seriously tho....i dunno any1 who been studyin 24-7 OR 5hrs a day....pplz who hav dun the hsc i no did ok without doing 5 hrs a day as far as i no but.....still 24-7??? no chance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)