I just kicked someone's crap off a tableeeee!!! (1 Viewer)

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
VICTORY!!!

If they believe a half-opened book and a chinese-container of cold food is going to stop me exercising my rights (after I spent 30 minutes on the floor observing the table - and about a dozon or more around me - which are all still empty an hour later) they are totally WRONG!

Please, please guys, do this! Its the only way to stop these idiots doing what they want to do, and saving themselves a spot. Its just not fair!!

So fight for your right - to have a chair and table!!

/end rant

:D

buddys

HSC
have they come back yet?

i would like to see the look on their face when they see u on their table :D

good on you mj!

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Yeah I did that yesteday too. Walked around the library and found 2 desks on level 2 with a pile of books and notes. So obvious that it was two people who just reserved them...I'm like, "Thats fucking dodgy, they are mine". This was at about 12.00. Went to the toilet, etc....came back at 12.15, and moved the pile of books off the tables and put them on the ground.

At about 1pm, this asian dude comes back. "Who was sitting here before?"
Me: Umm...were you sitting here before?
Him: Yes
Me: Well its uni policy that if noone comes to the table for 15 minutes, we can put their stuff on the floor.
Him: You are joking.
Me: No. Go and speak to the librarians.
Him: Oh. You can have that desk.

I think he was just going to share that table with his friend. He sat for about 10 minutes and then left. Some other dude came and used the table as soon as he left. I saw so many people walk by looking for tables...I wanted to let them know that they can sit on the second table, but didn't. :eek:

Its too bad that I won't really have a chance to do this again this semester, because I'm not at uni anymore...Will have more fun with it next semester.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Some Asian chick came back and *yelled* at me because I put her stuff on the ground. "How can you put my stuff on the ground like that??!!". I used the same line: its library policy. And she started talking in Asian to her friend, shot me a couple of dirty looks and left.

I'm in the same boat as you RedruM - this is my last day here until next semester, and decided not to stand for it.

Steve just went and got a few photocopies of the policy, wrote the time on them, stuck them on a few desks. So, he's taken one of them, and another random dude saw it, took the policy, and dumped someone elses crap off another desk!

The revolution is coming!!!

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
thats awsome mj :d i'de do the same thing except i think i like studying on the floor better, i went to the library and just went straight there yesterday... level 2 in between the bookshelves... its a hidden corner where no one goes and i can spread out all my stuff everywhere ...

but if i feel like a desk.. i shall do the same thing next tiem:)

someone should hand out flyers advertising the policy to students coming into the library... :) to help the revolution come along :p

fwuxed

Channeling Ki
HSC
my policy is to push you down the stairs if you move my stuff without asking :mad1:
not that i'd ever leave my stuff lying around unattended for 15 minutes

monique66

W00tage, go MJ!

I never go to the library to study, if i did I'd so be with you!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
haha great job!! i love the idea of the photocopied policies, the policy needs to be made known to more people.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Yeah, I just wished the dude made a bigger deal of it. :eek:

Tabris

HSC
Yeah, the habit gets really really bad

Some people go off and attend tutorials and lectures while people wait for seats

Some of the foreign students bring a negative baggage of manners and courtesy.

Anyway, i think that students in adjacent seats should keep an eye out on selfish people by taking their stuff off the desk if they were gone for more than15 min

But sometimes they have 1 person sitting in the room, with other seats empty and minding the room for them for hours. They might lie to you or say that there friends were coming and you have to camp near the table to catch their white lies

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Tabris said:
Anyway, i think that students in adjacent seats should keep an eye out on selfish people by taking their stuff off the desk if they were gone for more than15 min
I kinda try to do that. Ive never actually taken the stuff off someones desk but a couple of times if ive seen someone walking around looking for a seat and there are clearly like none around ive pointed out a table where someone has been gone for ages.. much to their appreciation.

Last time, and the worst, I was at the library from 11am to 10pm.. A girl left at around 12ish and didn't come back until 6.30ish. Bitch.

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
iambored said:
haha great job!! i love the idea of the photocopied policies, the policy needs to be made known to more people.
I emailed the head librarian (Maxine Brodie) about just that, today...

X

xeuyrawp

MaryJane said:
VICTORY!!!

If they believe a half-opened book and a chinese-container of cold food is going to stop me exercising my rights (after I spent 30 minutes on the floor observing the table - and about a dozon or more around me - which are all still empty an hour later) they are totally WRONG!

Please, please guys, do this! Its the only way to stop these idiots doing what they want to do, and saving themselves a spot. Its just not fair!!

So fight for your right - to have a chair and table!!

/end rant

:D
Oh a woman after my own heart.

Bravo. <3

When they speak about you to their friends, you should say: 'I am not, but I know you are, you dirty slut / dick'

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
oh MJ your my hero. I wish i had guts to do that

you too redruM!! :eek:

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
damnation said:
W00tage, go MJ!

I never go to the library to study, if i did I'd so be with you!
me neither :)

redruM said:
Yeah, I just wished the dude made a bigger deal of it. :eek:
haha...are u looking for a fight or something :p

If they dont believe you (about teh new uni policy) you should just carry printed copies and show them first hand :) It seems like its mainly international students who reserve desks...

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
LOL. Many of the international students DON'T know about the policy. But, ignorance isn't an excuse for a crime.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Many international students don't know all that much :p

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
I didn't know there was a policy but unlike many, i know of common courtesy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)