I NEED HELP ON WHAT TO DROP (1 Viewer)

HSC
Ok so im in year 12 atm and i have 13 units which just feels like SO MUCH - my schools obsessed with having tons of units but i really wanna drop, my exams are in 3-5 weeks, so i cant drop a 2 UNIT COURSE till then, but i can drop extension courses, lemme list all my subjects and my marks + how i feel.

English advanced
English Extension 1 (i haven't been tested in year 12 yet, but in prelims i got 20/25 for the essay, and 23/25 for the creative)
Englis Extension 2 (i procrastinated a lot in the holidays, but excited to do a major work but its SO MUCH WORK, but that's me being lazy, if i drop something i can focus more time, but it could also conflict with my va major work??)
French Continuers (70% in the last assessment + it gives me the MOST WORK its so draining!! tbh, the only reason i haven't dropped it, is cause i wanna do french in uni like on the side, and maybe go to uni in french but, I'm so drained and at this point i could drop it and do it in uni)
French Extension (haven't gotten tested yet, but its so fun, its like film studies but SO MUCH WORK, i know i cant get anything above 80% for this)
Standard Math (92% in last assessment)
Visual Arts (100% in last theory assessment, and 80-90% in prac - haven't been tested yet)
Legal Studies (my class collapsed at the start of year 12, in prelims i got 40%, but now in my last assessment i got 80%, and for practice hsc responses we do in class i usually get 4-6/6 + i enjoy is so much)

Heres like what bands i could get for each subject if i work my a$$ off

eng adv - band 6
eng ext 1 - e4
eng ext 1 - e4
math - band 6
va - band 6
french c - (BARELY) band 5
french ext - E3
legal - band 6

ughhhhh i have no idea what to do please help!!! <3

Everwinter

HSC
from what you write here, it seemed that the subject you are considering dropping is eng ext 2 and french ext 1, but you are interested in both of them and they both have a heavy workload. Even though you haven't been tested in both of them, but you clearly think you are better at English than French. So I think it is quite obvious that you want to drop French ext 1 right now, which you already struggle with continuer, but you also want to study it in uni.

I just cleared up the things for you, from your description, dropping french ext 1 seemed to be a more rational decision, but you have 12 units which provide you a safety net and you are interested in French ext 1. So right now the only question would be, are you passionate about French enough that you are willing to sacrifice your time, effort and the risk of dragging other subjects without much return in term of your atar? I think only you can answer this yourself.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Generally, you shouldn’t be doing French Extension if you’re getting 70% in French Continuers.

However, if you choose to keep French shoot me a message. I would be happy to help 😄

HSC
Generally, you shouldn’t be doing French Extension if you’re getting 70% in French Continuers.

However, if you choose to keep French shoot me a message. I would be happy to help 😄
hi! ty sm for ur message!! I just dropped french extension and i feel so much better but i really just wanna improve in continuehs ahh

HSC
from what you write here, it seemed that the subject you are considering dropping is eng ext 2 and french ext 1, but you are interested in both of them and they both have a heavy workload. Even though you haven't been tested in both of them, but you clearly think you are better at English than French. So I think it is quite obvious that you want to drop French ext 1 right now, which you already struggle with continuer, but you also want to study it in uni.

I just cleared up the things for you, from your description, dropping french ext 1 seemed to be a more rational decision, but you have 12 units which provide you a safety net and you are interested in French ext 1. So right now the only question would be, are you passionate about French enough that you are willing to sacrifice your time, effort and the risk of dragging other subjects without much return in term of your atar? I think only you can answer this yourself.
hi tysm for ur message!! i just dropped french ext, i feel so much more relieved now, imma see how this term goes with eng ext 2 + french continuers and see how it foes from there!! TYSM <3

Grinder

HSC
yo, kinda of going off topic, how do I get good in eng ext 1, I am in year 11 and got c in year 10 cuz I didn't try and had around 60 percent attendance. I want to get e4 in eng ext 1 so I can choose eng ext 2, how do I get better?

#26MysteryMarker

HSC
yo, kinda of going off topic, how do I get good in eng ext 1, I am in year 11 and got c in year 10 cuz I didn't try and had around 60 percent attendance. I want to get e4 in eng ext 1 so I can choose eng ext 2, how do I get better?
1. Tutoring. The teachers are generally really good at giving feedback.
2. Try to form a study group with the best in your class, it helps A LOT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)