I Wanna Get Call Of Duty 4 (1 Viewer)

darkwaters

HSC
well im dieing to get the game, but i looked at the official call of duty website and the system requirements really freaked me out, i dont want to buy a game that doesnt run on my computer, i was wondering if someone can tell me if my system will run the game fine.

CALL OF DUTY SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

Required
Operating System:
Windows XP
Processor:
Intel Pentium 4 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 2800+ processor or any 1.8Ghz Dual Core Processor or better supported
RAM:
512MB RAM (768MB for Windows Vista)
Video Card:
NVIDIA Geforce 6600 or better or ATI Radeon 9800 Pro or better

MY SYSTEM:

LastXP v 15
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 processor
3200+
2.01 GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM

and i think my video card is way off :( under device manager in the display adapters it displays: RADEON 9550 :(

so do u think the game will run fine on my computer, if not what do you think i need to do for it to run?

thanks

HSC
Yep, it won't.

I on the other hand have a computer which is significantly higher spec'ed than the recommended requirements, but no money to buy the game.

Fortunately, god made p2p 8)

darkwaters

HSC
what do you guys think i should do? buy a new video card? how come i need more ram, isnt 1 gb of ram enough,

also can i get a video card under $150 that will run COD 4 very good,

or any ideas, i dont want to spend more then $200 , max $220 on buying the game + video card(or any other features).

so any ideas?

xxJTxx

HSC
go buy an xbox 360 :) your just going to keep having problems with syst. requirements for pc games unless you go all out with a video card (even which in like one or two years, its gonna be useless) and get more ram.

cod4 on xbox 360 is only $80 :) you just need the initial investment of the console (i think the one controller, two game and console pack is about $520 now)...:)

darkwaters

HSC
if i wanted to do that, i would of bought a ps3 by now lol, but i think on pc it will have better online play! IMO anyway lol

darkwaters

HSC
Schroedinger said:
Get an 8800GTS or a 3870 or something.

For future proofing, I'd recommend the 3870
how much would a video card like that cost? is it easy to install?

Schroedinger said:
Grab another Gig stick of ram, it's 38 dollars.
does that need to be placed in the memory slot inside the computer?

im and very big comp newbie!

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
darkwaters said:
how much would a video card like that cost? is it easy to install?

does that need to be placed in the memory slot inside the computer?

im and very big comp newbie!
First off, you have to check your socket connections on your motherboard. The latest graphic cards only work in a PCIe slot. Same thing for RAM, you have to determine what kind it is.

HD3870 512MB - ~$325-350
8800GT 512MB - ~$320-350
8800GTS 512MB (G92) - ~$410-440

Google CPU-Z, and get that program, it'll identify all the parts you have (minus graphics card) properly.

Last edited:

jcroldan89

HSC
withoutaface said:
Get an 8600GT for ~$100...
From where?

Also, OP, Yeah all you need is a new vid card (my 7600GS gives COD4 good frames). Everything else is sweet.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
jcroldan89 said:
From where?

Also, OP, Yeah all you need is a new vid card (my 7600GS gives COD4 good frames). Everything else is sweet.
MSY.

Sonata

HSC
get 8800GTX ULTRA, even if u get the video card, ur motherboard has to support it

Last edited:

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
guys. even if he does get an 8800GT+ he'll be severly cpu bottlenecked with that processor.

i'd save up and buy a new rig. lol;

btw, if u just wanna get good frames in cod4, it'd be pretty cheap to do. crysis on the other hand u can't even max out on today's computers.

HSC
I forgot about this thread :p

I've obtained CoD 4, and finished it on normal, followed by veteran. I highly highly highly recommend against playing veteran before completing it on normal, as it completely ruins the atmosphere, and you notice things about the game you should never notice, and it kinda brings down gameplay....

Which is why I am very happy I finished it on normal first, that was the best gaming experience ever (apart from starcraft), absolutely bloody amazing game, there is no excuse for not getting it.

Oh, the game also has basically no bugs - it's quite amazing. There are some very slight AI deficiencies, which you don't notice unless you play veteran :p

My specs:
PentiumD 3.2ghz Dual Core (2x.1.6ghz)
2GBs DDR2
8600GT w/ 256MB GDDR3

It works well, zero lag, on mid-high gfx settings. Frames are very good, even in action-packed missions where you...err - I don't wana spoil the story :p

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
lol dude. play online man.

best thing ever since sliced bread. =]
it is seriously intense,, better mp then cs & bf2. although; it's different styles since CoD4 mp is more enclosed and hence, more action. it's still great nontheless

cod4 works well for me as well. i've got an 8500GT oc'd to 690/906 (i could go more in AtiTool, but this is as much as rivatuner lets me go) so it's' pretty smooth for me as well. which makes me happy ^^

and goodwork on getting the GDDR3 version. you woulda been ripped off if you got the ddr2 version ;). although; u coulda spent an extra~30-$40 for an 8600GTS which is basically an overclocked version of the GT. which means u can overclock it even more as the oc already on the gts is standard.

if you get what i mean.. XD

HSC
I WISH I could play it online, but my version of CoD4 is...how would you put it....not 100% legal :p

Though if anyone wants to share their serial with me :D

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
...ah. no wonder. haha

well. my i borrowed cod4 off my friend. lol. so i can't help u there. =p

Uncle

Banned
HSC
bump.
because cod4 is and should still be a legendary fps game for epic lolz and exploding cars and stabbings and rushing and martyrdom for allah and helicopters and vandalism and rocket propelled grenades and how you shot motherfucker.

lol dude. play online man.

best thing ever since sliced bread. =]
it is seriously intense,, better mp then cs & bf2. although; it's different styles since CoD4 mp is more enclosed and hence, more action. it's still great nontheless
yes.
yes it is.
cod4 is our game of choice for fps rampage.
funny game.
lols in EVERY game we play.
EVERY GAME.
i like taking on dota players in cod4 to show them that rpg games are NOT the way to go.
the ones who top the scoreboard are the ones who rarely, used to or NEVER play dota.

Take no prisoners comrades!

I WISH I could play it online, but my version of CoD4 is...how would you put it....not 100% legal :p

Though if anyone wants to share their serial with me :D
lan or internet cafaaaayz.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)